• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm pretty sure there is a term, I just forgot it.

I actually LOVE Platinum, I'm tempted to say it's the, imo, high-point of the 2D games. I didn't much like HGSS, mainly because it got too grindy without the Vs. Seeker.

qq more

Platinum is actually my 2nd favorite Pokemon game. I don't know why, maybe I've played it when I was in the perfect mood for Pokemon.

Dr. Buni

Kalostooge in the making
emot-colbertffa2b.gif
I demand explanations.

Platinum > HGSS

I didn't much like HGSS, mainly because it got too grindy without the Vs. Seeker.

I wish they had fixed some problems of GSC in the remakes, like some of the Johto Pokémon being extremely rare in their own region and others only appearing in Kanto -__-

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I realized that Tyrunt is a spoiled brat...

...how do Pokemon become spoiled brats in the wild?!

qq more

I loved HGSS, but for some reason I never finished Kanto. I think at that time I got burned out from playing so much Pokemon in a short period of time. I'm one of those rare people who put less than 100 hours into each game.

Maybe the fact that it basically rendered Diamond and Pearl obsolete doesn't hurt, too.

Weird thing is that I've never actually finished D/P.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I really want to see what Tyrunt will evolve into. He's really the only new Pokémon I like, though I really haven't been paying much attention.

Qurupeke

So, I can't be the only one that loved the Underground in D/P right? I remember playing it a lot with some friends. Simple but fun, with the traps, the orbs etc.

Refyref

Anyone here have any idea which one of these might be the best/most legit to buy? 1 2 3

Well, 2 and 3 are both Banpresto products, so I would suggest one of those. Out of those 2, pick whichever you like more. I think 2 looks a bit better, and is a bit bigger, so I would choose that.

Who all is going to pay for Pokemon Bank? I know I will.

Day one from me as well. I need my staple trio of Nidoking, Machamp and Rhyperior; all freshly hatched of course and ready to take the journey into Kalos.

Of course, invariably, we probably won't actually be able to access the Poke Transporter until after you get the national dex. Oh well, at least I'll have them.

Caladrius

Platinum is actually my 2nd favorite Pokemon game. I don't know why, maybe I've played it when I was in the perfect mood for Pokemon.

I demand explanations.

Platinum > HGSS

I wish they had fixed some problems of GSC in the remakes, like some of the Johto Pokémon being extremely rare in their own region and others only appearing in Kanto -__-

You two are alright in my book.
I'll kill you last
No prizes for guessing my favorite pokemon game. Favorite legendary pokemon got a good new form,Both previous version mascots available, Gallade and nearly all of my Issues with DP were addressed.(Speed, pokemon variety, endgame level gap, lack of full frontier facility.)

It was the game so nice that I bought it twice. (JPN and NTSC versions)

Anura

You two are alright in my book.
I'll kill you last
No prizes for guessing my favorite pokemon game. Favorite legendary pokemon got a good new form,Both previous version mascots available, Gallade and nearly all of my Issues with DP were addressed.(Speed, pokemon variety, endgame level gap, lack of full frontier facility.)

It was the game so nice that I bought it twice. (JPN and NTSC versions)

I still have my JPN plat here somewhere, one of the best Pokemon game IMO

zroid

Banned
Puppy Dog eyes would exclude non-dog Pokémon from learning it, though. If the point of the move is to just overwhelm its victim with cute innocence, then it would fit any cute Pokémon too. Not that "Baby-Doll" is a good name -- just a less exclusionary one than "Puppy Dog" :p

ffdgh

Puppy Dog eyes would exclude non-dog Pokémon from learning it, though. If the point of the move is to just overwhelm its victim with cute innocence, then it would fit any cute Pokémon too. Not that "Baby-Doll" is a good name -- just a less exclusionary one than "Puppy Dog" :p

...and yet....aerial ace lol.

Having only a 5% of finding Houndour in a small patch of grass just east of Celadon and Sneasel only being available in Mt. Silver while having an area called ICE FUCKING PATH in it's native region is some of the biggest bullshit GameFreak's ever pulled.

Dr. Buni

)

Platinum still has speed issues, though, even more when you compare it to Gen V games. But still, that Battle Frontier was so good (but not as good as the Emerald one) and the lack of one in Gen V certainly made me enjoy the games a bit less. I am totally hoping there is a new and improved BF in Pokémon X and Y. :3

Caladrius

Platinum still has speed issues, though, even more when you compare it to Gen V games. But still, that Battle Frontier was so good (but not as good as the Emerald one) and the lack of one in Gen V certainly made me enjoy the games a bit less. I am totally hoping there is a new and improved BF in Pokémon X and Y. :3

It's not nearly as fast it should have been, but it was definitely a step up from "Imma bake a cake while doing this." for DP.

Having only a 5% of finding Houndour in a small patch of grass just east of Celadon and Sneasel only being available in Mt. Silver while having an area called ICE FUCKING PATH in it's native region is some of the biggest bullshit GameFreak's ever pulled.

You forgot the part where the Houndour's at a low level so you have to spend who knows how long raising it up to be at your party's level.

You forgot the part where the Houndour's at a low level so you have to spend who knows how long raising it up to be at your party's level.

AND only being available at night. Ugh, that was such a punch in the nuts to find out as an 8 year old that Houndoom, despite a dope design and badass typing wasn't a viable option. It's part of the reason why I don't want another multi-region game.

trixx

I'm new here. Just beat black 2 and i said this in another thread, but what the hell happened to the elite 4? I remember when i played emerald version they were hard as hell. but this game i only used one revive and like 3 super potions

ffdgh

I'm new here. Just beat black 2 and i said this in another thread, but what the hell happened to the elite 4? I remember when i played emerald version they were hard as hell. but this game i only used one revive and like 3 super potions

the physical/special split happened....lol j/k

Yeah they're easy...and scrafty alone can own 3 of them. XD
Try the rematch against them.

Turn on hard mode and rematch them.

Top Bottom