• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Aggrotek

My avatar isn't built for it, so this will have to do:
o/

tKCDxsB.jpg

Team Froakie the best.

m-bison-yes-o.gif

High five!
tarantula_2.jpg

Jl7WTpf.gif

qq more

Oh god, this ribbon infestation has gone too far!

Is it weird the change I'm most excited for is just trainer customization? It's like... a game changer to me!

Nobody else took Fennekin right...right?

Been taking inventory of the Pokemon I have over the last 3 gens. Got a bunch of the "10THANNIV" Pokemon I should really move on over from Leaf Green, also most of the wonder cards...But worryingly lacking a genuine Mew and Shaymin, also don't have Meoletta : (

Ordered a refurbed DS with a Pikachu shell that's coming tomorrow so I can start using Pal Park to move mons over ect.

qq more

Woah...lol at your avatar

Now you've turned pink! I'm gettin' worried man.

Nobody else took Fennekin right...right?

Been taking inventory of the Pokemon I have over the last 3 gens. Got a bunch of the "10THANNIV" Pokemon I should really move on over from Leaf Green, also most of the wonder cards...But worryingly lacking a genuine Mew and Shaymin, also don't have Meoletta : (

Ordered a refurbed DS with a Pikachu shell that's coming tomorrow so I can start using Pal Park to move mons over ect.
Yeah, it's best to do the Pal Park stuff now because they have this stupid limit of 6 Pokemon a day.

DaBoss

I'm lacking both Arceus and Celebi.

I'm very close to finishing the Pokédex in Black 2. Only have 14 more to go (12 since I won't have the 2 mentioned above).

Dr. Buni

Quilladin evolves into Sharpedo

lol

Looking forward for the fake pictures.
Also, Froakie's last evo as a pure type would just make me not want to train it even more.

Zeroth

Froakie line being pure water contradicts the rumors about the Grass/Dark,Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting combo, which was among some confirmed rumors, I think.

I'm not so sure that it was apart of the WPM rumors, but Froakie was using a fighting-type move in some gameplay along with the other two starters using their assumed secondary typing's moves.

Dr. Buni

Chespin was never seen using a Dark-type move. The move it used in the first trailer is clearly Aerial Ace. Unless it used a Dark-type move in some other trailer I am yet to watch.
Froakie line being pure water contradicts the rumors about the Grass/Dark,Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting combo, which was among some confirmed rumors, I think.
Not that I believe in those gamefaqs rumors, but MageLeif's rumors are quite old and Game Freak could have changed some stuff, like one of the starters typing. It wouldn't be the first time they change some stuff before releasing new games.

Lieutoadant is a top tier name, although I seriously doubt he'll go pure Water. It's pretty much confirmed that they'll be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting.

Caladrius

I want this to be true, especially a pure Poison potential cover legendary, but it's probably bullshit.

I think it's a pretty good possibility (well, the poison cover legend thing.) The last 2 generations seem to have a lot of legendaries made to deliberately plug the holes in type representation. The only way a poison type is not going to be horrible compared to its peers that have almost universal ground and Psychic move distribution would be to give it monstrous stats, which is unlikely unless they're willing to give it top billing.

EDIT: Forgot about Psychic

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I want this to be true, especially a pure Poison potential cover legendary, but it's probably bullshit.

Poison/dragon seems more likely if they were actually going to do that sort of thing.

I think it's a pretty good possibility (well, the poison cover legend thing.) The last 2 generations seem to have a lot of legendaries made to deliberately plug the holes in type representation. The only way a poison type is not going to be horrible compared to its peers that have almost universal ground move distribution (Seriously, Mewtwo, Darkrai and Kyogre are the only major threats that come to mind that don't have a good ground move) would be to give it monstrous stats, which is unlikely unless they're willing to give it top billing.

Mewtwo doesn't need a ground move, he has psychic moves that can do the job.

Dr. Buni

I think it's a pretty good possibility (well, the poison cover legend thing.) The last 2 generations seem to have a lot of legendaries made to deliberately plug the holes in type representation. The only way a poison type is not going to be horrible compared to its peers that have almost universal ground and Psychic move distribution would be to give it monstrous stats, which is unlikely unless they're willing to give it top billing.

Poison/Dark with Levitate? :p

Toxi

Banned

EDIT: Forgot about Psychic
Poison/dragon seems more likely if they were actually going to do that sort of thing.
Gamefreak could always go the Levitate route. That would only give it one weakness. They could also give it a monstrous speed stat like Darkrai and Mewtwo.
Or Deoxys-S.

Poison/Dragon would just give it weaknesses to Dragon and Ice. Plus, I'm sick of Dragon-type base 680 legendaries. :-/

Top Bottom