• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Aww yiss. Asked one of the kids at work(after school program for elementary-age children) if I could borrow his DS for the night at some point in the future to trade all of my HG pokemon to my B2.

Can't wait. I haven't been able to trade any pokemon since I was probably 12 or 13 with friends. Exciting.

EDIT: Oh god. Top of the page. I feel bad.

Bit late on this, but I doodled an idea for a Chespin final stage. I was debating "Chestknight" for an evolutionary name because the pronunciation is boss, but I couldn't think of a way for it to look good spelled out.

sXmPHTY.png

You can pronounce it either "shay-val-ee-ay" (like chevalier), or as in "chess-cavalier"
if you're a filthy non-Frenchie

(chespin secondary stage spoilers)
please god don't stay fat you son of a bitch

He absorbs light through his ass and barfs it out?

And Chespin evolves into Danny DeVito. dealwithit.gif

I realized too late into the design I didn't make him "grassy" enough but didn't want to fall into fakemon fanwank territory and just pimp him out in flowers, so I decided his robin hood thief rucksack backpack thing could open up and reveal a flowery, plant-looking growth that would absorb sunlight. It's a big backpack, not a fanny pack.

And they're just baggy jester bard short short things. He does not have DAT GRASS ASS, sadly.

Dr. Buni

The face is hideous, but I like the rest of the design. Though I am still hoping it evolves into a Kendo practitioner instead of a knight.

Quest1

Anyone think they might go with x4 weaknesses instead? Fire/psychic is basically confirmed, but with the theif theme for froakie, water/dark seems more likely, and Chespin being a knight seems more fighting to me.

Anyone think they might go with x4 weaknesses instead? Fire/psychic is basically confirmed, but with the theif theme for froakie, water/dark seems more likely, and Chespin being a knight seems more fighting to me.

That plus Grass/ Dark makes ... no sense for it and would be lol worthy for a defensive Pokemon.

I think the Pokebeach leaks arent 100% and that the Frog is dark with Chespin being either fighting or steel or ground (like ever other armor themed Pokemon I can think of)

I hope not. We need a Water/ Fighting who isn't a unicorn or Poliwrath. Or they just won't go with a second trinity.

GameFreak doesn't care about Dark as a defensive type, so I wouldn't put Grass/ Dark past them.

JoeM86

That plus Grass/ Dark makes ... no sense for it and would be lol worthy for a defensive Pokemon.

I think the Pokebeach leaks arent 100% and that the Frog is dark with Chespin being either fighting or steel or ground (like ever other armor themed Pokemon I can think of)

The thing with the Magelief leaks is that while they got a lot right, they got the minutia wrong.

1. Names: Panchum, Malimar, Meowstick...all wrong
2. Saying the professor is called Patrice and gives you the starters. The starters are given to you by Tierno who got them from Sycamore. It also listed Sycamore later indicating it's not just a name change.
3. Fairy type compatibility. It listed Psychic as resisting it, and neglected Poison/Steel resisting it.
4. Mewtwo Mega Evolutions: It said the second one was more akin to Mew. You could argue they got them the wrong way round, but they specifically specified that the one we knew was the one we knew.
5. It said we have two rivals. We actually have four.
6. It said we can only ride Gogoat. We can ride Skiddo and Rhyhorn among others.

Think there's a few others. I'm just saying we shouldn't take everything said at face value

Neo Child

Banned
The thing with the Magelief leaks is that while they got a lot right, they got the minutia wrong.

2. Saying the professor is called Patrice and gives you the starters. The starters are given to you by Tierno who got them from Sycamore. It also listed Sycamore later indicating it's not just a name change.
3. Fairy type compatibility. It listed Psychic as resisting it, and neglected Poison/Steel resisting it.
4. Mewtwo Mega Evolutions: It said the second one was more akin to Mew. You could argue they got them the wrong way round, but they specifically specified that the one we knew was the one we knew.
6. It said we can only ride Gogoat. We can ride Skiddo and Rhyhorn among others.

Think there's a few others. I'm just saying we shouldn't take everything said at face value

1. not really, they're all 1 letter off.
2. yehp, Patrice might be someone else
3. eh I guess so, might be a translation error
4. well tpc did dick us around with mewtwos evo/form/megaevo/etc
5. but we do have 2, and another 2. also 2 might be friends.
6. someones butthurt that they never get leaks

JoeM86

1. not really, they're all 1 letter off.
2. yehp, Patrice might be someone else
3. eh I guess so, might be a translation error
4. well tpc did dick us around with mewtwos evo/form/megaevo/etc
5. but we do have 2, and another 2. also 2 might be friends.
6. someones butthurt that they never get leaks

Never get leaks? Have you seen my history? Please. The entire internet raged against me because I confirmed the Unova Starter evolutions through my contacts to name one example.

I'm just saying that there are bits of the leaks that have been wrong or inaccurate. It also can't be a translation error as the source, Magelief's room-mate, worked for DigiPen who were betatesting the game for NOA.

Firemind

I just realized Salamence will be stopped stone cold by fairies. Seriously, what is Mence supposed to do to Gardevoir? EQ? RIP Mence

MarkusRJR

This has probably been answered before, but that the fuck is Chespin? It looks adorable but I don't even understand what I'm looking at.

ryan13ts

So what unique typings are you guys hoping we'll get in X & Y with the 6th generation? I've always thought a Grass/Fire type Pokemon would be awesome, or a Ghost/Fighting type as well.

Speaking of Ghost/Fighting type, I've always had this idea for a Ghost/Fighting type, that's basically like a Shadow Boxer mimicking the creature whose shadow he's behind. I actually drew this thing out once and I thought it turned out great for a Fakemon. Hopefully GF will give us something like that eventually.

Qurupeke

So what unique typings are you guys hoping we'll get in X & Y with the 6th generation? I've always thought a Grass/Fire type Pokemon would be awesome, or a Ghost/Fighting type as well.

Speaking of Ghost/Fighting type, I've always had this idea for a Ghost/Fighting type, that's basically like a Shadow Boxer mimicking the creature whose shadow he's behind. I actually drew this thing out once and I thought it turned out great for a Fakemon. Hopefully GF will give us something like that eventually.
Fairy/Dragon. Dragonite should turn to this.

1.No, those are just misspelled.
2.True, might have been changed early in development.
3.This was almost definitely something that was changed during development.
4.True.
5.Uh, no we don't, we have the opposite gender player character and Shauna as rivals, the other two aren't rivals.
6.No he didn't, he said you can't ride your own Pokemon and that riding Gogoat is a special thing.

JoeM86

1.No, those are just misspelled.
2.True, might have been changed early in development.
3.This was almost definitely something that was changed during development.
4.True.
5.Uh, no we don't, we have the opposite gender player character and Shauna as rivals, the other two aren't rivals.
6.No he didn't, he said you can't ride your own Pokemon and that riding Gogoat is a special thing.
2. Possible but illustrates my point
3. Possible but illustrates my point
5. Depends on your definition of rival, I guess
6. He said you could only ride Gogoat which people now interpret to be referring to Lumiose City only.

6. He said you could only ride Gogoat which people now interpret to be referring to Lumiose City only.
No he didn't
"Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat."
As in Gogoat is the only Pokemon you can ride in Lumiose City.

My favourite Serebii "leak" (yes I know it's not really a leak if it's sourced from a pirated copy of the game after release) was the time the antipiracy was reported as a feature.

JoeM86

No he didn't
"Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat."
As in Gogoat is the only Pokemon you can ride in Lumiose City.

The only works with Gogoat could be interpreted several ways.

All I'm saying is that even though this guy was right, we shouldn't take the rest of it at face value as things either changed or he got muddled up.

The only works with Gogoat could be interpreted several ways.

All I'm saying is that even though this guy was right, we shouldn't take the rest of it at face value as things either changed or he got muddled up.

At the same time with so much right we shouldn't dismiss any of it.

Caladrius

Oops, for some reason I thought shadow claw was a dark type move!

We've got two types with suspiciously similar coverage, aesthetics, move names and pokemon that could easily be mistaken for the other type. It astounds me how little they actually thought that through.

At this rate, I don't think I'm ever going to complete the Pokédex and get my Blaxorus in time - before XY. Oh well.

You can do iiiiiiiit. How many do you have left?

Most of my kawaiisa powers have been robbed from me. The world is safe.

For now.

Top Bottom