• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DMG-01

So how does PokéGAF play through the games together? What I mean to ask is, do you guys do mini tournaments/battles throughout? Because that's something I'd be pretty interested in joining in on if so.

You know it's fake when Splash isn't useless.

That's exactly the point at which I felt the "leaker" lost all credibility.

Dr. Buni

So... what are the odds of Nintendo charging more than $5 for the Pokémon Bank thing? It wasn't officially confirmed that this will be the price, right?

Zeroth

So how does PokéGAF play through the games together? What I mean to ask is, do you guys do mini tournaments/battles throughout? Because that's something I'd be pretty interested in joining in on if so.

That's exactly the point at which I felt the "leaker" lost all credibility.

We did some tournaments when BW and BW2 came out, IIRC. The winner gets nothing a tap in the back.

-Horizon-

When was the last time we didn't have a dragon legendary? Gen 2?

Based on that, I'll go with Dragon / Poison like a couple of others have guessed.

DaBoss

So... what are the odds of Nintendo charging more than $5 for the Pokémon Bank thing? It wasn't officially confirmed that this will be the price, right?

Unlikely considering that most of the time, prices are lower in the west when compared to Japan.

Aggrotek

I want to organize a Kalos-only tag-team tournament some time after release. It should be jolly good fun!

Just like you organized the PokeGAF podcast?

Dream_Burn_Heal_Sprite.png

Aggrotek

That'll come once XY are out. I figured there was no point in doing one so close to the release; once the games come out there'll be a lot more stuff to discuss and argue about.

In short: Procrastination + XY = Podcast

Just giving you shit, bro. You know I want in.

Toxi

Banned
Anyone on Gaf going to do a challenge run on their first playthrough?

Doing a Nuzlocke is bad enough, doing a Nuzlocke blind is a special kind of hell.

Aggrotek

I'm guessing the hair

Oh so I guess Biology is a misogynist because female lions don't have manes.

tumblr_mj5823ohgL1ru74s4o1_500.jpg

Edit:
Nope. The reason is because of Pyroar's descriptions in the official site. The male hunts, while the female take care of the babies... or something like that.

It's a fucking animal... Most female animals are nurturing types, correct? Especially mammals?

backlot

Nope. The reason is because of Pyroar's descriptions in the official site. The male hunts, while the female take care of the babies... or something like that.

I remember thinking that was a bit weird when I first read it too. I'd always heard the female lions were the hunters.

Dr. Buni

I remember thinking that was a bit weird when I first read it too. I'd always heard the female lions were the hunters.
Yeah, technically it should have been the opposite, but I appreciate what they did switching the male and female roles.
It's a fucking animal...
It is a monster based on an animal, actually :p

Also, my bad on the hunt part. That would be really weird since Pokémon apparently feed themselves with berries and stuff.

Toxi

Banned
That's a misconception, both genders hunt.
Both sexes hunt, but in a pride females will do the majority of hunting. Males hunt when they're not in a pride because they still gotta eat.

To be fair it doesn't actually mention hunting because Pokemon don't eat each other, come on guys!

It just says the male with the largest mane becomes leader of the pride while the females look after the pride's young.
Lies. :p

"GLALIE has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this POKéMON enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion."

backlot

"GLALIE has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this POKéMON enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion."

We don't know that the foe in question was another Pokemon. It probably just eats people.

Ponyta: Capable of jumping over the Eiffel Tower in a single giant leap. Its hooves are ten times harder than diamonds.

Gardevoir: To protect its Trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole.

The Pokedex, everybody.

PEOPLE, STOP!!

That tumblr is a joke tumblr ... don't take it for real!

Poe's Law?

EDIT:
Ponyta: Capable of jumping over the Eiffel Tower in a single giant leap. Its hooves are ten times harder than diamonds.

Gardevoir: To protect its Trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole.

The Pokedex, everybody.

Raichu: Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.

backlot

The Pokedex, everybody.

I hope you can ride a Ponyta in that town with the Eiffel Tower look alike!

Poe's Law?

Pretty much.

There are trolls on tumlr who make fake tumblrs geared to make fun of Feminist and other tumblr groups by faking outrage over things to spark drama.

The one post about this that I saw on /vp/ lead to someone going on tumblr to tell them off and the guy replied saying ... Female Pyroar have to put up with cat calls on the street and get paid 80% less or something.

NO ONE is upset about this.

Stage On

Zero %.

Nintendo is a lot of things but overcharging for that sort of stuff isn't one of them

Pretty much.

There are trolls on tumlr who make fake tumblrs geared to make fun of Feminist and other tumblr groups by faking outrage over things to spark drama.

The one post about this that I saw on /vp/ lead to someone going on tumblr to tell them off and the guy replied saying ... Female Pyroar have to put up with cat calls on the street and get paid 80% less or something.

NO ONE is upset about this.

I apologize for not noticing that it was a joke.

Dr. Buni

Zero %.

Nintendo is a lot of things but overcharging for that sort of stuff isn't one of them

Nice. I ask because I have $50 in the eShop and $45 is reserved for Pokémon X + Bank. I meaning to spend the other $5 in a VC game and I am not feeling like spending more money in the eShop, in case of Nintendo charging more than $5 for the Bank thing.

Top Bottom