• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

I will crush you with my giant hands until you are kawaii desu ne again.

That'll just turn me into a Blobfish.

260539654_1373338892.jpg

Blobfish for X/Y.

DaBoss

Does anyone have any clue where I may have gotten these?

I found them while cleaning up some stuff. Also put DBZ cards because DBZ is awesome and Digimon cards because nostalgia.

The other side of most of the Pokémon cards has a description.

zroid

Banned
I have a lot of the cards like your Jigglypuff. Mostly they were from when I collected TCG cards, and friends/family would mistakenly gift me those instead of the TCG ones, lol. I think I've lost most of them now, but I still have a few lying around in my room.

Zeroth

Does anyone have any clue where I may have gotten these?

I found them while cleaning up some stuff. Also put DBZ cards because DBZ is awesome and Digimon cards because nostalgia.

The other side of most of the Pokémon cards has a description.

Woah, I had that Jigglypuff card too. Not sure where I got it, but a pokemon movie is a good guess.

3.This was almost definitely something that was changed during development.
If something as fundamental and important as type relations could be "changed during development" I don't see why the starter types would be taken at fact after he flip-flopped them once already.

He was off about the fairy type, either lied or was COMPLETELY off about Mewtwo forms (Mewtwo Y was known news when he leaked to WPM and he still said that X looked more like Mew than Y) and as far as I'm concerned he could be off about the cats seeing as they look like they evolve into something to me (but that's just IMO. Who knows, maybe GF swapped the names ...).

As it stands, Chespin and the Frog's names and designs don't really match up to his leaked typing so I'm willing to bet that info isn't correct either.

If something as fundamental and important as type relations could be "changed during development" I don't see why the starter types would be taken at fact after he flip-flopped them once already.

He was off about the fairy type, either lied or was COMPLETELY off about Mewtwo forms (Mewtwo Y was known news when he leaked to WPM and he still said that X looked more like Mew than Y) and as far as I'm concerned he could be off about the cats seeing as they look like they evolve into something to me (but that's just IMO. Who knows, maybe GF swapped the names ...).

As it stands, Chespin and the Frog's names and designs don't really match up to his leaked typing so I'm willing to bet that info isn't correct either.

Chespin, sure, no reason to think it's dark, but a military-inspired name like "Frogadier" could totally be fighting-related.

zroid

Banned
img_000001963rzln.jpg

I could only find these four :p

In case it's not apparent, the Machamp and left Poliwag are holofoil, while the other two are not.

Chespin, sure, no reason to think it's dark, but a military-inspired name like "Frogadier" could totally be fighting-related.

That's the trans-name.

Japanese goes like this according to Bulba ... "Gekogashira may be a combination of げこっ geko (croak) and 若頭 wakagashira (a young Yakuza subordinate leader) or 小頭 kogashira (head of an organizational section). "

And on top of that he is described as the following "During battle, Frogadier confounds its opponents by leaping about the ceiling or into trees. - attacks by throwing stones wrapped in bubbles at it's opponents". (Dirty fighting and trickery)

Plus it's rumored/ leaked final form name (which is pretty much confirmed I think seeing as 6 Pokemon names on that list came true ... including the mid stage starter names) is "Frog Boss" in Japanese ... that sound Kingpin/ Mob Boss/ Crime Lordy to me already. But if that's not enough the only other Pokemon I can think of with that kind of naming is Honchkrow. ( Also from bulba ... "Honchkrow is a combination of honcho (a leader or boss) and crow. / Dongkarasu is a combination of don (Spanish for lord and a title for Mafia leaders) and 烏 karasu (crow). ")

I'm still kind of interested on the last remaining gaps in the seen Pokémon. Perhaps I'll check out Serebii later. I sure find it a bit easier to use than the mess that is known as Bulbapedia.

They were balancing the Fairy type, there is no way they just came up with it and put it in with no testing. Fairy's relation to other types was almost definitely changed multiple times during development. This is an incredibly common thing during the development of a game.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dude got way too much right, and lying about random details would be inanely pointless although not entirely improbable. Gamefreak changes their mind on Pokemon types midway through development. I believe Jellicent used to be pure Water until they thought Water/Ghost would be more interesting, pissing off the designer.

Dr. Buni

Dude got way too much right, and lying about random details would be inanely pointless although not entirely improbable. Gamefreak changes their mind on Pokemon types midway through development. I believe Jellicent used to be pure Water until they thought Water/Ghost would be more interesting, pissing off the designer.
Yep. Stunfisk was originally Water/Electric, but they changed its type to Ground/Electric before the release as well.

So Game Freak having changed the starters types is a likely scenario imo.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Stunfisk was originally Water/Electric, but they changed its type to Ground/Electric before the release as well.

"Maybe they want another Fire/Fighting final evo? People sure seem to love those."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
13794453616939qsq2.gif

dat attention to detail

Mega Kangaskhan "corrects" her child's position, albeit it gives a cool look

I hope we got a vid showing all Mega Evolution poses.

Zeroth

I think the problem is that the starter evolutions' design seems to go against the leaked types, which would imply GameFreak changed their design to accommodate these type changes.

Anyone on here live in the UK and used ShopTo? Is it worth £6 to change my pre-order from first class to DPD or will I get the game in similar time anyway?

Tusk

Some of you getting x/y should give me your FC's around the release time! o: I may get into the whole competitive thing when they're released.
That, and we could just battle for fun/trade. This is the first time I'm gonna wanna try filling the dex completely since Diamond.

Hello PokeGAF! I'm new here, but I'm a pretty big Pokemon fan, so you can expect to see me often.

Welcome to Gaf.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah this will be my first Pokemon experience as a member of GAF, so I'm sure I'll want to experience the community interaction features as well.

DaBoss

Well I just convinced my friend to give me his HeartGold so I can finally get a Tododile, which means I can complete my National Dex outside of Celebi and Arceus.

I found this. Any idea on the source?

That looks insanely cool. I love how the person uses the Unowns to spell LEGENDA.

Source: http://edface.deviantart.com/art/L-E-G-E-N-D-A-245019446

Hello PokeGAF! I'm new here, but I'm a pretty big Pokemon fan, so you can expect to see me often.

Welcome!

Yeah this will be my first Pokemon experience as a member of GAF, so I'm sure I'll want to experience the community interaction features as well.

Yea, same here.

My first post was in a Pokémon thread (the one where they announced X/Y).

DaBoss

I found my copy of Platinum here, and am playing it. I found myself outside Azelf, so I decided hey, why not catch it. And boy was that a mistake. The catch rate is so bad. Ain't nobody got time for this.

You poor people. Remember to always check the real time chat relay thing in the OT

You mean IRC?

Welcome to our community!

Initiation question: what's your favourite Pokémon and why?
Hard for me to name one in particular, but if I did, it would probably be Mewtwo. I still remember the first time I played Melee and unlocked Mewtwo, and I got pretty excited. As for reasoning, FR/LG was my first time really getting into Pokemon, and when I got to the depths of Cerulean Cave, I got pretty excited, not gonna lie.

Top Bottom