• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

blamite

How would you guys feel about going back to an inventory system like in Gen 1 where you can only carry 20 or so different items?

qq more

How would you guys feel about going back to an inventory system like in Gen 1 where you can only carry 20 or so different items?

That's the one thing I couldn't stand when I play Gen 1. I love the inventory change Gen 2+ brought.

On a related note, I really fucking hate how cluttered my item bags had become in Gen 4 and 5. TOO MANY ITEMS AGH

EDIT: And yeah like DaBoss said, there weren't that many types of items in Gen 1, so it wasn't that bad. It would be worse in other gens though.

DaBoss

That's the one thing I couldn't stand when I play Gen 1. I love the inventory change Gen 2+ brought.

On the flip side, I really fucking hate how cluttered my item bags had become in Gen 4 and 5. UGH

Gen 4 was bad, especially HG/SS where they decided to make it super touch screen friendly that made it super slow to navigate through.

But Gen 5 actually has less pockets and introduces organizing (B2/W2 takes it even further by choosing how you want to organize it and introduces a pocket that you can put stuff you want to use often or something). And then there is the quick select menu.

Gen 5 is the most usable one since Gen 3.

qq more

Gen 4 was bad, especially HG/SS where they decided to make it super touch screen friendly that made it super slow to navigate through.

But Gen 5 actually has less pockets and introduces organizing (B2/W2 takes it even further by choosing how you want to organize it and introduces a pocket that you can put stuff you want to use often or something). And then there is the quick select menu.

Gen 5 is the most usable one since Gen 3.

Ah, I was just really referring to the crazy amount of types of items. They were soooo many haha.

EDIT: Thinking about it though, wouldn't less pockets mean more items grouped up in a pocket? Or did they actually lessen the amount of items for Gen 5?

blamite

Okay, maybe not as strict a limit as 20, but maybe something like the 5 pockets we have now with 25 or so spaces in each?

Not saying I think they should do this, just kind of mulling over what it might be like if it happened. I've been playing Earthbound lately and I kind of like having to put a lot of thought into what I'm going to take with me, and who's going to carry what. I could definitely see it being pretty damn annoying in Pokemon though since there are so many items.

Just thinking out loud. :p

Okay, maybe not as strict a limit as 20, but maybe something like the 5 pockets we have now with 25 or so spaces in each?

Not saying I think they should do this, just kind of mulling over what it might be like if it happened. I've been playing Earthbound lately and I kind of like having to put a lot of thought into what I'm going to take with me, and who's going to carry what. I could definitely see it being pretty damn annoying in Pokemon though since there are so many items.

Just thinking out loud. :p

There was nothing good about Earthbound's item management. Easily the worst part of the game.

DaBoss

Ah, I was just really referring to the crazy amount of types of items. They were soooo many haha.

EDIT: Thinking about it though, wouldn't less pockets mean more items grouped up in a pocket? Or did they actually lessen the amount of items for Gen 5?

They put stuff in boxes/cases that you can access in the key items.

And others were put in with other items.

blamite

Haha, Heartgold's is my favorite inventory in the series, aside from the lack of automatic sorting. I guess I have some unusual opinions about this stuff. :p

Busaiku

I really hope they don't replace Audino with something else in the cartoon.
This is like a Pokemon that can't do anything else but make you feel better.

I don't know what to do with all these items!

dUp6WIu.jpg

Dr. Buni

I really hope they don't replace Audino with something else in the cartoon.
This is like a Pokemon that can't do anything else but make you feel better.

I think they should keep Audino and the new Nurse Joy for at least three generations in the cartoon. Going back to Chansey and the old Nurse Joy would be such a bummer.

Speaking of Audino, it better be available in the wild in XY. I demand that amazing free exp to level up my party.

Zeroth

I think they should keep Audino and the new Nurse Joy for at least three generations in the cartoon. Going back to Chansey and the old Nurse Joy would be such a bummer.

Speaking of Audino, it better be available in the wild in XY. I demand that amazing free exp to level up my party.

Congratulations on your membership :)

And it won't be. Hardcore leveling or burst.

Dr. Buni

I wonder if the
power rangers
mega evolution music starts playing every time a Pokémon mega evolves?

Congratulations on your membership :)

And it won't be. Hardcore leveling or burst.

Thanks! I thought it would take more time for me to be a tr00 member :O

Pls no, leveling up in pre-Gen V games is such a chore :<

zroid

Banned
ughhhhh, I hate that Pikachu has its anime voice in the game. I thought it was fine in that trailer back in January, but actually replacing its in-battle cry? That's super jarring.

blamite

The second one.... Oh man, those Charizard feels. :')
ughhhhh, I hate that Pikachu has its anime voice in the game. I thought it was fine in that trailer back in January, but actually replacing its in-battle cry? That's super jarring.
This, on the other hand... Not cool. Especially if the rest have the normal cries. Either all of them should have real voices or none of them should.
it should be none

Caladrius

This, on the other hand... Not cool. Especially if the rest have the normal cries. Either all of them should have real voices or none of them should.
it should be none

All the more reason to grind the filthy rodent into a smear.

Dr. Buni

Serebii said:
It also confirms that Marill used a new Fairy-type move called Child's Play, or possibly Play Around, (&#12376;&#12419;&#12428;&#12388;&#12365;) which does decent damage.
Child's Play lol

I am loving this new type.

All the more reason to grind the filthy rodent into a smear.

it should be none

shirt_ninjabot_strollin_MED.jpg

Top Bottom