• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Doesn't that just lower opponent's attack?

The official site says that the move always goes first and can lower your opponent's attack. The wording is really vague. It could either be a +Priority Growl, Quick Attack variant, or a Fairy-type Fake Out that lowers attack instead of flinching. Unless there's some clarification on the move that I missed...

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

EDIT: It could also mean that Baby Doll Eyes has less than 100% accuracy.

The official site says that the move always goes first and can lower your opponent's attack. The wording is really vague. It could either be a +Priority Growl, Quick Attack variant, or a Fairy-type Fake Out that lowers attack instead of flinching. Unless there's some clarification on the move that I missed...

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

EDIT: It could also mean that Baby Doll Eyes has less than 100% accuracy.
Oh, I assumed it just lowered the opponent's attack to take advantage of Furfrou's ability.

y5tBBVu.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=13735120

YbNOq7E.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37761574

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone noticed the music used in the e-Shop trailer?

Could be the gym leader fight and the mega evolution music.

Ark

Nobody else took Fennekin right...right?

Been taking inventory of the Pokemon I have over the last 3 gens. Got a bunch of the "10THANNIV" Pokemon I should really move on over from Leaf Green, also most of the wonder cards...But worryingly lacking a genuine Mew and Shaymin, also don't have Meoletta : (

Ordered a refurbed DS with a Pikachu shell that's coming tomorrow so I can start using Pal Park to move mons over ect.

If you looked back a couple pages in the announcement thread you'd have seen that I took Fennekin :p

Yes I followed your post history to here, no I don't care if you use it :p EDIT: Actually, go ahead and use it. I'll go find a new avatar.

Dereck

A pokemon wants to level up at level 19.

If I deny this evolution at level 19, will it keep occurring again after every single level from 19?

ALM5252

Okay, so I saw the eShop video for Pokemon X and Y, and I have to say I do NOT like that Pikachu uses the anime voice. It's weird only because when Pikachu evolves into Raichu, the anime voice will probably switch. I hope there is an option to use the game voice and not anime voice.

I know they had Pikachu use the anime voice in Yellow, but I don't feel it's the same situation here. Hope it's a choice, or all Pokemon can switch between anime and game voice.

Besides all that, the game looks great and I am looking forward to my copy of Y version.

Dr. Buni

You know, I think if a 3rd gen remake isn't at least announced next year, I don't think it'll ever come.

I would be really disappointed if a RSEmakes aren't announced next year :/

because that would mean DP would never be remaked ever. Really, I don't give a damn about RSEmakes themselves.

ramyeon

Okay, so I saw the eShop video for Pokemon X and Y, and I have to say I do NOT like that Pikachu uses the anime voice. It's weird only because when Pikachu evolves into Raichu, the anime voice will probably switch. I hope there is an option to use the game voice and not anime voice.

I know they had Pikachu use the anime voice in Yellow, but I don't feel it's the same situation here. Hope it's a choice, or all Pokemon can switch between anime and game voice.

Besides all that, the game looks great and I am looking forward to my copy of Y version.
I'm sure that the voice of one pokemon won't detract from your experience of the game, especially given that said voice will change, like you said, when it evolves to its final form.

I also think it is not such a big deal for them to even consider having an option for "Pikachu's Voice".

Dereck

Yes, unless it's a friendship evolution and you try your hardest to make your pokemon hate you.
Marill learns Hydro Pump at level 45. Azumarill learns it at 57. So I have decided to hold off evolving Marill until then.

Tell me if that's the right decision.

ALM5252

I'm sure that the voice of one pokemon won't detract from your experience of the game, especially given that said voice will change, like you said, when it evolves to its final form.

I also think it is not such a big deal for them to even consider having an option for "Pikachu's Voice".

While true, it does bug me. I liked Pikachu's original game cry. And I have like 2 Pikachu on my teams. It will distract me, but perhaps overtime I won't care. But a choice would be welcomed.

Caladrius

Marill learns Hydro Pump at level 45. Azumarill learns it at 57. So I have decided to hold off evolving Marill until then.

Tell me if that's the right decision.
What game are you playing? If waterfall is available you'll want to use that instead due to one of Azumarill's abilities, huge power (doubles attack).If you get thick fat instead, you'll want surf. Hydro Pump takes too much of a hit to accuracy to justify the extra power either way, and you'll get Surf/Waterfall far before Hydro Pump.

Dereck

What game are you playing? If waterfall is available you'll want to use that instead due to one of Azumarill's abilities, huge power (doubles attack).If you get thick fat instead, you'll want surf. Hydro Pump takes too much of a hit to accuracy to justify the extra power either way, and you'll get Surf/Waterfall far before Hydro Pump.
Black 2

I have been dreaming a lot about battles in XY lately... it's like... well, it's like my mind is trying to spoil itself with XY information... even if it's fake and exists in dreams only.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Waterfall is also there if you want a more accurate move.

I honestly stick to Waterfall over Aqua Tail.

Also

ikEOp2rCdGfzF.png

Zeroth

Trying to figure out if there's a way for me to give less of a shit and I don't think there is.

The outrage on that thread is utterly amusing. The stuff you read there is not far from that "XY is a DS game” post from some days ago.

It does not help they are using that screenshot from the reveal as an argument.

It's impossible to even quantify how few craps I give about this. My slightly impaired vision in my right eye makes it hard for me to see 3D anyway, so it's nice to know that I'm not missing out on anything!

Also, that thread is hilarious. People saying they're not going to buy the game due to some missing 3D effects and then trying to claim it looks "crappy and rushed" make me laugh heartily.

DaBoss

Like I said, people have the right to be disappointed, but the amount of disappointment baffles me. To the point of not getting the game? 3D is at least enabled on the most important part which are the battles.

Caladrius

Like I said, people have the right to be disappointed, but the amount of disappointment baffles me. To the point of not getting the game? 3D is at least enabled on the most important part which are the battles.

This is the internet. Every annoyance to me is a tragedy and every atrocity to someone else is immaterial.

Fireblend

Banned

I'm pretty sure anyone who says they're not getting the game over that wasn't going to get it anyway. X and Y have enough new features to convince even the most demanding Pokemon fan, it'd make no sense to turn back now from the hype just because of a lack of 3D on the overworld :p

Number 299... Meloetta... well, this one's a ???, and it's preventing me from getting a completely seen Pokédex.

I think I might have missed a view chance, so where is it?

Trey

You know, I think if a 3rd gen remake isn't at least announced next year, I don't think it'll ever come.

Good. It's the worst gen and is still compatible with everything that comes after it. I'd much prefer newer games or expansions to Kalos.

qq more

Good. It's the worst gen and is still compatible with everything that comes after it. I'd much prefer newer games or expansions to Kalos.

Have fun going through a billion of stupid as hell mini-games just to transfer your Gen 3 Pokemon.

zroid

Banned

No reason we can't have both. Game Freak is basically set up to operate on that sort of schedule between their teams, so it's not like they can just magically transfer all the resources from RSE remakes into X2 Y2. Anyway, I'm not a big RSE fan either, but as with HGSS, remakes could (and probably will) resurrect its dated corpse into something modern and enjoyable.

Dr. Buni

"Expansions to Kalos" will happen regardless of remakes happening or not. I am not that much of a Gen III fan, but the more Pokémon games they make, the better.

Number 299... Meloetta... well, this one's a ???, and it's preventing me from getting a completely seen Pokédex.

Café in Castelia City.

edit: Scrap that, I don't have it in my dex. You shouldn't need it.

DaBoss

I'm pretty sure anyone who says they're not getting the game over that wasn't going to get it anyway. X and Y have enough new features to convince even the most demanding Pokemon fan, it'd make no sense to turn back now from the hype just because of a lack of 3D on the overworld :p
Yea probably.

You don't need event legendaries, so:
Victini
Meloetta
Victini what did I do here?
Genesect
Keldeo

Are not needed.

Top Bottom