• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

Also, RSE remakes should happen. I loved those games, but the remakes will bring the improvements of later gens and GF can fix the flaws of 3rd gen with the remakes.
I goofed xD

I'm also missing #237 - Corsola. Just one fishing attempt away!
It's a pain in the ass to catch a Corsola.

Also, RSE remakes should happen. I loved those games, but the remakes will bring the improvements of later gens and GF can fix the flaws of 3rd gen with the remakes.
inb4 they remake RGB again instead of RS.

Remember, guys, FRLG are almost a decade old. Furthermore, RGB destroyed RS in sales. And, they've been selling on nostalgia recently what with Charizard, the kanto starters, going back to Kanto for a little bit in the anime, The Origin, etc.

I would much prefer RSE remakes, though, but don't be shocked if we get another set of RGB remakes instead, guys.

-Horizon-

Remember, guys, FRLG are almost a decade old. Furthermore, RGB destroyed RS in sales. And, they've been selling on nostalgia recently what with Charizard, the kanto starters, going back to Kanto for a little bit in the anime, The Origin, etc.

I would much prefer RSE remakes, though, but don't be shocked if we get another set of RGB remakes instead, guys.

What if...they cram gen 1, 2, and 3 onto one cartridge as a remake? 8 GB card lets go!

Quest1

I was thinking Red Blue 2. New games in Kanto where time has passed, you're a new character with a new story, etc. Kanto as it was was really barren, but a sequel putting it at the front of the timeline gives it a reason to be updated to the new style. I'd like an RSE2 instead and a probably an XY2 before either, but the popular one will win out.

I expect it too and it makes me really sad. Fingers crossed for hoenn as one giant mass of postgame content, a country-sized battle frontier.

Not like that has any possibility of happening.

Oh, it sounded like you hadn't done it yet :p. You can get the shiny now, right? Just by seeing them?

Hehe. Anyway, yes, you can get to the Nature Preserve if you manage to see all non-event Pokémon.

At least that's something done before XY! Let's see if I can also catch everything. (Zekrom will be a pain.)

ffdgh

Still a lot to catch left for the shiny charm....tho the option of getting a Pokemon holding the shiny charm is there.

That's dirty tho.

All I want is that charm that makes it easier to get eggs.

I'm tempted to just cheat and download everything I'm missing from Pokecheck, though the ensuing deletion spree (I don't want to keep any of that crap!) would be a horror.

Not sure how the game would react to having a Pokemon hold a Key Item like that. It might cause some unpleasantness. Either that, or it'll just put a broken Shiny Charm in the held items pocket. The point is, if you're going to cheat for shinies you might as well just use a GTS site as the Shiny Charm barely increases the rate.

Not that I'm judging you or anything, I've download DW females and a few Max IV Japanese Ditto from Pokecheck before.

Toxi

Banned
Unless they do some serious revamping of Kanto so that I'm not playing FRLG again, I really don't want a RGBY remake.

Also, I'm surprised by the love for the 3D effect on the 3DS. I'm not a huge fan, but whatever.

ffdgh

Not sure how the game would react to having a Pokemon hold a Key Item like that. It might cause some unpleasantness. Either that, or it'll just put a broken Shiny Charm in the held items pocket. The point is, if you're going to cheat for shinies you might as well just use a GTS site as the Shiny Charm barely increases the rate.

Not that I'm judging you or anything, I've download DW females and a few Max IV Japanese Ditto from Pokecheck before.

Like any other item. Except when it removed, it goes to key items. Same for held tms.

Ah, guess they fixed that from Gen 4 or it might have just been me hacking something in wrong back then. I just didn't want you getting some horribly glitched game mechanics if you ever did get the real Shiny Charm.

ffdgh

Ah, guess they fixed that from Gen 4 or it might have just been me hacking something in wrong back then. I just didn't want you getting some horribly glitched game mechanics if you ever did get the real Shiny Charm.

The only thing I actually used it for was bark out in black 1 since that event never happened lol. I'll earn the shiny charm...eventually >_>

Physical/Special split Hoenn
rejoice.png

I'm dying for a return and revamp of the original 3rd gen games, those were my first exposure to the franchise, and I've loved them ever since. Still have my Sapphire cartridge from 2003. The sequel idea is really interesting, and if they could somehow incorporate Kanto and Hoenn into one game that'd be great.

Dr. Buni

That would be extremely disrespectful to Hoenn fans... but since I am huge Gen I fan, I would hype the new remakes like crazy should they be announced next year. They would have to improve a lot of stuff about the original games in new remakes though, because they are very flat compared to Gen IV, V and probably VI games.

Toxi

Banned
You know how a lot of people complain about how fucking slow Diamond and Pearl's battle system is?

I started replaying Diamond, and I had to stop. They're right. Diamond and Pearl are really fucking slow.

The worst things about Gen 4 were
-Slow Battles
-Slow text speed (even on Fast)
-Capitalization of everything

I'm really glad Gen V fixed this.

Village

Will you let us see it?

It go to school for it, well that and programing and graphic design. I actually want some type of work when I leave.

Anyways It will look way better when its done, so stay in there and when its done I will deliver it strait to this thread.

ffdgh

The worst things about Gen 4 were
-Slow Battles
-Slow text speed (even on Fast)
-Capitalization of everything

I'm really glad Gen V fixed this.

Hmm never played gen 4 but wasn't surf in diamond and pearl walking speed for some weird reason?

Oh and loving the rough sketches. Cant wait for the final one. I suggest using lightshot for your print screen needs. http://app.prntscr.com/

Caladrius

Hmm never played gen 4 but wasn't surf in diamond and pearl walking speed for some weird reason?

Oh and loving the rough sketches. Cant wait for the final one.

Ohhhhhhhhh yes.*shudders* Do you know the nightmare you have to go through just to get to the island of the pokemon league? It's not that far away(only 3 screens or so), it's just that friggin' slow.

Caladrius

Gen 1 unbalance, Gen 2 levels, Gen 3 water routes, Gen 4 speed, Gen 5 linearity, Colosseum character designs.

The worst of all worlds.

You're stealing my worst-case scenario thunder, maaaaaaaan. Though this makes me really curious as to how we're going to look back at X/Y when generation 7 comes into view.

cafemomo

Going to give Gen IV another shot.

My copy of Pt should be comming soon.

I might even do a RTTP thread on it. Sinnoh (for better or worse) here I come.

Top Bottom