• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

braves01

Banned
I expected something far worse than what it actually is. But yeah pretty forgettable and lame theme though for sure. Town themes are usually great but this one... ehhhhhhhhh

It's not the best, but it's not what I'd call bad either.

Hearing the surf/bike theme every time really kills me though (even though bike goes away once you switch screens). I wish we could turn that off.

Also, can anyone lend me a Genesect just so it shows up in my Pokedex? I'll give you Kyurem or something to hold on to as security.

zroid

Banned
It's more of a "generic Japanese T-Rex" template than anything really.

image.php

Also, can anyone lend me a Genesect just so it shows up in my Pokedex? I'll give you Kyurem or something to hold on to as security.

Sure. Code is 0519 5167 6562.

Don't suppose you have a Meloetta? Even if I can't keep it it'd be nice to have a White 2 dex without a single missing entry.

braves01

Banned
Sure. Code is 0519 5167 6562.

Don't suppose you have a Meloetta? Even if I can't keep it it'd be nice to have a White 2 dex without a single missing entry.

My code is 0133 1352 0950

Awesome! I have Meloetta so you can at least have a dex without a missing entry. That's the only reason I really want to borrow a Genesect.

If you really want to keep the Meloetta, and you're fine trading the Genesect, we can just trade since I'm not really attached to the Meloetta. Otherwise, we can just trade once and then trade them right back.

I think I'll need to figure out how to get hold of a Zekrom, even just temporarily, just to make sure that my Unova Pokédex can be considered complete.

My code is 0133 1352 0950

Awesome! I have Meloetta so you can at least have a dex without a missing entry. That's the only reason I really want to borrow a Genesect.

If you really want to keep the Meloetta, and you're fine trading the Genesect, we can just trade since I'm not really attached to the Meloetta. Otherwise, we can just trade once and then trade them right back.
Ah, excellent! Sure you can keep the Genesect. I'm online now.

I think I'll need to figure out how to get hold of a Zekrom, even just temporarily, just to make sure that my Unova Pokédex can be considered complete.
If you can trade now I can borrow you a Zekrom temporarily. Might as well since I'm online :p.

braves01

Banned
Ah, excellent! Sure you can keep the Genesect. I'm online now.

If you can trade now I can borrow you a Zekrom temporarily. Might as well since I'm online :p.

Thanks for the Genesect. I love it when trades work out nicely :)

Edit: But Genesect is #300? Then what's #298....bulbapedia says Keldeo. That was an event Pokemon?

I've never been interested in filling the Pokedex after Gen 1, because the transferring and reliance on trading makes it exceedingly inconvenient. The growing number of timed event Pokemon makes it even worse. Apparently X and Y have every Pokemon available in-game through some method?

Zeroth

I've never been interested in filling the Pokedex after Gen 1, because the transferring and reliance on trading makes it exceedingly inconvenient. The growing number of timed event Pokemon makes it even worse. Apparently X and Y have every Pokemon available in-game through some method?

I don't think that line meant "You can catch all pokemon", just that you can have all pokemon (unlike, say, what happened in Gen 3) thanks to the pokebank transfer. If you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense.

Caladrius

While we're at it, if anybody has a spare Keldeo I'd like to trade it for a Meloetta. I've also got a spare Zekrom up for trade (any price, I've got 2 others). PM me if you're interested.

I don't think that line meant "You can catch all pokemon", just that you can have all pokemon (unlike, say, what happened in Gen 3) thanks to the pokebank transfer. If you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense.

But that's been the case with every game since Gen 4, hasn't it? Or at least Gen 5, so that statement would be redundant if interpreted that way.

789shadow

Banned
Still playing Platinum by the way. Fantina is such a timeless asshole in this game. Moving her to 3rd gym from 5th actually made her harder.

Zeroth

But that's been the case with every game since Gen 4, hasn't it? Or at least Gen 5, so that statement would be redundant if interpreted that way.

That's true, but remember how people were worried about transferring pokemon before the pokebank info came out? This is probably more a way to reassure that yes, you can get all your pokemon.

ugh I played my first multiplayer matches in YEARS last night and my friend destroyed me. I brough the random crap I had in my party at the time, while he brought a legit normal team. To make matters worse, I made some horrible horrible decisions.

Gotta train up and beat his ass.

EDIT: About the "Gotta Catch Em All" talk: I guess the slogan just returned because of the general throwback/nostalgia push for the older games? The kanto starter, pokemon origins, etc. The big secret is "gotta catch em all" is nintendo's advice to itself: "Gotta re-capture every lapsed player who is under the delusion that they outgrew pokemon." If saccharine crap like candy crush can get the attention of 20-somethings as a sugar-coated-slot-machine, nostalgia plus actual game content can surely attract some people.

You can get all the Pokemon in Gen 4 without using Gen 3 (But that wasn't until HGSS). Gen 5, though, had a lot of pushing of the Dream World and some other crap.

That said, D/P did let you get almost every non-legendary/starter. Since it doesn't look like they're bringing back the DW I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case again.

ugh I played my first multiplayer matches in YEARS last night and my friend destroyed me. I brough the random crap I had in my party at the time, while he brought a legit normal team. To make matters worse, I made some horrible horrible decisions.

Gotta train up and beat his ass.

Time is racing toward us
Till Gen VI arrives
Heed my every order
And you might survive
You're unsuited for
Even a Garbodor
So pack up, go home
You're through
How could I make a man
Out of you?

(Be a man)
You must be swift as
A boosted Ninjask
(Be a man)
With all the grace
Of a deft Linoone
(Be a man)
With all the strength
Of a raging Groudon
Mysterious as the
Truck that shelters Mew

Day 1 kid, me 'n' you. You're gonna eat lightning, and you're gonna crap thunder.

I'm sorry.

Time is racing toward us
Till Gen VI arrives
Heed my every order
And you might survive
You're unsuited for
Even a Garbodor
So pack up, go home
You're through
How could I make a man
Out of you?

(Be a man)
You must be swift as
A boosted Ninjask
(Be a man)
With all the grace
Of a deft Linoone
(Be a man)
With all the strength
Of a raging Groudon
Mysterious as the
Truck that shelters Mew

Day 1 kid, me 'n' you. You're gonna eat lightning, and you're gonna crap thunder.

I'm sorry.

Oh of course you'd be the one to quote me. Rub in the fact that I would have won if I'd been carrying scrafty.

So these are the best places to preorder the games from?

I can't speak for the second site but if you live in the UK then ShopTo is very good. I ordered GTA V at 11pm on Tuesday night and received it Thursday. Would have been Wednesday had I ordered before 5:20pm. All with free shipping too.

braves01

Banned
got a chespin. i took over a started game so i don't know all the details.

How's the speed of everything? Does it feel as fast as B/W in terms of getting in and out of battles? How's the overworld/switching between 2D/3D whenever there's a battle? Is the framerate pretty stable?

Hard to imagine that things are only getting started after I finish the regional part of the Pokédex. There's still well over three hundred of them and I'll never get them done...

-Horizon-

got a chespin. i took over a started game so i don't know all the details.

Yeah I kind of want to know too, like based on what you played, was the framerate ok? in battle and out of battle (skating around and all that)? Was it smooth?

I don't want a Diamond/Pearl situation again.

DaBoss

Yeah I kind of want to know too, like based on what you played, was the framerate ok? in battle and out of battle (skating around and all that)? Was it smooth?

I don't want a Diamond/Pearl situation again.

I doubt that will happen ever again. And 3D is disabled in the overworld, so that can only mean good things.

Caladrius

Hard to imagine that things are only getting started after I finish the regional part of the Pokédex. There's still well over three hundred of them and I'll never get them done...

I know them feels. When I had to restart my pokedex I just went

tumblr_m9l304sW3X1qg4c28.gif

Take them a family at a time, and look for pokemon that are pretty easy to get. When you get most of the junk off your list it's a lot less overwhelming. over half of your work is going to be when you're near the end.

If you're going for a living pokedex (Which is convenient if you want to complete the National Dex as soon as you finish the Kalos 'dex,) make sure you do your breeding intermittently. You're going to want to shoot yourself if you wait until the end to do it.

qq more

Nah, You may want to try and finish those up if you want to transfer your old pokemon to Gen V though. Remember that Poke-transporter is for Gen V only.

I might depending on how much content there is for post-game. I've realized I never play the games for much longer after beating the story and I never really transfer my Pokemon up until that point.

I'll beat B/W eventually regardless.

Caladrius

I might depending on how much content there is for post-game. I've realized I never play the games for much longer after beating the story and I never really transfer my Pokemon up until that point.

I'll beat B/W eventually regardless.

There's not much. unfortunately. There's Kyurem, Landorus (only if you have the other two Djinn) and the Battle Subway. There's also some rare wild pokemon available in the postgame routes.

B2/W2 has about half a dozen legendaries from previous games, the Tao Dragons, the World Tournament, and post-game battles with most of the supporting cast (and Cynthia).

Tusk

As much as I'd like getting the shiny Haxorus, I'm not bothering to fill the dex in b/w2. :p I'll do that in x/y seeing as it'd probably be easier. I hope you get something special for doing it.

Top Bottom