• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess I'm the only one who's vocal about disliking the old style lol

Anyway, hey guys, let's sing 12 days of Pokemon starting October 1!

JoeM86

Oh right, I remember that rumour.

If it means we get far more regional Pokemon then I'm all for it.

It's not a rumour :)

pokedex1.jpg

Forkball

I love how in Heart Gold you can actually catch nearly every Pokemon save for legendaries and some of Gen IV.

A big reason that game came out (besides to print money) was to fill the gaps of missing Pokemon from DPP. There were still so many Pokemon you could only get via Gen III games or random side games (like Lugia). I think with if you used only Gen IV, you could catch every Pokemon (with events at least). XY will probably also still be missing Pokemon from previous gens as well, so uh, don't throw away your other copies just yet.

I dunno if we're gonna get leaks but we will almost certainly get early release pictures.

If the highest grossing game of all time and the biggest game this year got early released almost a week ahead of release date the same thing will happen to X & Y, regardless of how strict Nintendo are.

Dr. Buni

I am highly tempted to get X as soon as it goes up, though I've paid for Y physical already.

Same here. I've preordered Y, but it won't be delivered until the 15th, at best.

As nice as it would be to get at midnight... with ShopTo there's the very real possibility of getting it even earlier, unless Nintendo pull a GTA V on them.

Really? That is nice. Sadly there is no ShopTo in the country I live.

Regiruler

I always wanted an Ice/Rock typing (albeit as a comet) but the T-Rex is so cool...

Then again if the rumors it has a special move that is super effective against water and if it has a higher freezing chance then it could have some use.
Sorry to hear that :(
No one should have to miss that most amazing of days

Now about that pic, it makes so much sense.
There should be a Regigigas in that pic :D

I knew someone said something that activated the signal, and now I've found it.

Dr. Buni

Speaking of which, there's cool but improbable theory that there's gonna be a split final evo much like job classes.

I would love that, since I always wanted starters to have split evolutions. Since the Gen VI aren't getting Mega Evolutions, that would at least make the new starters stand out a bit.

Caladrius

I'm going Physical for both versions. I like having the cases around and I don't want to deal with the hassle of data transfer or (mercy forbid) data loss.

Physical for me, just prefer it for games like this. Plus I'm still hopeful I'll get it on the 11th.

Also, I'd just like to gauge some interest but if I were to get my copy on the 11th and set up a blog detailing my play-through would anyone be interested in reading it? I'd try to go into as much detail as possible and discover a lot!

Fireblend

Banned
So, what was that 575?
Days left for Pokemon Z release.

Also I really want a physical copy but waiting for it to reach Costa Rica (like a week at best) would be excruciating :-( I'll have to settle for digital.

Edit: I think I'll start calling stores in the off chance they can deliver it like on the 13th... Even though I'm gonna get charged like $70 easily...

Forkball

So it seems like I've reached the point in BW where in order to fill up my Pokedex, I need to catch Pokemon who have like a 5% chance of appearing in rustling grass.

iS8kph50GSmsN.gif

Maybe they'll be easier to get in XY right.... RIGHT?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So it seems like I've reached the point in BW where in order to fill up my Pokedex, I need to catch Pokemon who have like a 5% chance of appearing in rustling grass.

iS8kph50GSmsN.gif

5%? Honestly, I don't feel like they were 5%. I got all without any problem unless it was my luck being so good.

iS8kph50GSmsN.gif

I did just that in White 2, Lapras, and surf bubbles. :) 1/20 is still a lot.

Forkball

Aren't the Pokemon with those kind of chances all ones you can evolve from something else? edit: Oh, Lapras? Never mind :p.
Yes and I could evolve them, but I want the physical Pokemon for Pokedex data when I transfer it to Pokemon XY. I guess I could evolve, then breed to get the original back... but I'll just wait. You can't even transfer until Christmas if we're lucky anyways.

Yes and I could evolve them, but I want the physical Pokemon for Pokedex data when I transfer it to Pokemon XY. I guess I could evolve, then breed to get the original back... but I'll just wait. You can't even transfer until Christmas if we're lucky anyways.

Aw, dang. Somehow I missed this detail and assumed it'd be around release day... That means I won't be getting back into the competitive side for a while... Enough time to collect all of the new ones for the dex I guess :p.

Caladrius

Aw, dang. Somehow I missed this detail and assumed it'd be around release day... That means I won't be getting back into the competitive side for a while... Enough time to collect all of the new ones for the dex I guess :p.

First timers would completely get the shaft online if it launched early. That and transferring eggs with egg moves would snap the game in half.

Every big game with a worldwide launch leaks.

When it ships to stores almost certainly, I think he means before then. Though if someone is bold and stupid enough it's entirely possible.

Top Bottom