• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Gen 2 - 5 starters + Gen 1 - 5 legends is about 83. If they pull another DP and try to include as many non-legendaries/starters as they can then it's possible each regional dex is around 200 and the total regional dex is 575.

We'll see, though.

Dereck

Elesa in Black 2 is a god damn cheater. It should be illegal for a level 30 Zebstrka to have fucking fire attacks, what the fuck man. Then on top of that this woman has Emolga who switches over and over again, Flying and Electric? C'mon son, you cannot get any more unfair than that. Her party covers like 5 weaknesses total.

Oh I just Aqua Tail crit her fucking Flaffy.

Her damn Zebstrika just attacked me 6 times while it was confused, god damn this gym.

DaBoss

Elesa in Black 2 is a god damn cheater. It should be illegal for a level 30 electric Gym Pokemon to have fucking fire attacks, what the fuck man. The on top of that this woman has Emolga who switches over and over again, Flying and Electric? C'mon son, you cannot get any more unfair than that. Her party covers like 5 weaknesses total.

Oh I just Aqua Tail crit her fucking Flaffy.

Do you not have a Krokorok at that point?

Dereck

One more level lol.

What is your current team, if you don't mind me asking?
It sucks. I am too lazy to improve it, but you can help me.

Sandile (Moxie) lvl 28 Crunch, Rock Tomb, Mud Slap, Sand Tomb
Servine (Overgrow) lvl 27 Leaf Tornado, Wrap, Mega Drain, Vine Whip
Azumarill (Huge Power) lvl 28 Aqua Tail, Bubblebeam, Charm, Water Sport
Swoobat (Unaware) lvl 27 Odor Sleuth, Air Cutter, Heart Stamp, Assurance
Magby (Flame Body) lvl 28 Smog, Flame Burst, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray

It sucks. I am too lazy to improve it, but you can help me.

Sandile (Moxie) lvl 28 Crunch, Rock Tomb, Mud Slap, Sand Tomb
Servine (Overgrow) lvl 27 Leaf Tornado, Wrap, Mega Drain, Vine Whip
Azumarill (Huge Power) lvl 28 Aqua Tail, Bubblebeam, Charm, Water Sport
Swoobat (Unaware) lvl 27 Odor Sleuth, Air Cutter, Heart Stamp, Assurance
Magby (Flame Body) lvl 28 Smog, Flame Burst, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray
The gym would have been 100x easier if you had abused the Breeder in the the forest. Then you would've had Magmar and Krokorok.

Are you using the Eviolite you can get in Castelia City? It makes unevolved Pokemon take hits a lot better and should be abused until endgame.

And TMs are usable now so start being liberal with Return to Pokemon that don't have better moves. It's your friend.

I just finished collecting all 649 pokemon during the weekend in my White 2, a goal I gave myself right before they announced X and Y. It only took one year, four games and many, many tears!

I did this to get the shiny charm but now I don't even want to look at another pokemon egg ever :(

Caladrius

I just finished collecting all 649 pokemon during the weekend in my White 2, a goal I gave myself right before they announced X and Y. It only took one year, four games and many, many tears!

I did this to get the shiny charm but now I don't even want to look at another pokemon egg ever :(

Welcome to the Full pokedex club!.*Brofist*

There is some good news as far as shinies go. The Devs have claimed that they're going to make it easier to acquire shiny pokemon in X/Y. (The article that has the interview is in portuguese, so there's not much point in me linking it.)

Welcome to the Full pokedex club!.*Brofist*

There is some good news as far as shinies go. The Devs have claimed that they're going to make it easier to acquire shiny pokemon in X/Y. (The article that has the interview is in portuguese, so there's not much point in me linking it.)

*brofist*

Yeah, I heard that but wasn't sure it was true because I hadn't read it anywhere myself. No wonder, the original article's in Portuguese?

Cool to know, but I do hope shinies retain some rarity at least... that's part of their allure.

Funny thing, I wanted the Shiny Charm to get at least one shiny because I had never found my very own shiny in a Pokemon game ever. But in the course of collecting all 649, I found 5 shiny pokemon, 2 of them audinos :-/

Caladrius

*brofist*

Yeah, I heard that but wasn't sure it was true because I hadn't read it anywhere myself. No wonder, the original article's in Portuguese?

Cool to know, but I do hope shinies retain some rarity at least... that's part of their allure.

Yeah, it was from Eurogamer.

I think that no matter what they'll still be at least unusual, maybe a 2% chance of being shiny as opposed to .1% as it currently is under optimal conditions.

ffdgh

They may do the same thing they did with critical capture. The more Pokemon one has, the more chances of finding a shiny.

Toxi

Banned
Hey, you know what sucks? Beldum. Fucking 3 capture rate.

They may do the same thing they did with critical capture. The more Pokemon one has, the more chances of finding a shiny.
I'd like that. It's extra encouragement to catch more and trade more.

(Plus, critical capture is awesome)

Dr. Buni

I wouldn't like that tbh, because I don't like catching Pokémon I don't plan to use. Then again, it is not like I care about shinies that much...

blamite

I feel like it's probably time to finally "fix" the National Pokedex to make it make more sense, ie: make both genders of Nidoran the same species, put Pichu directly before Pikachu, Munchlax directly before Snorlax, etc.

I don't think it really makes sense to have things ordered the way they are anymore since Pokemon from pretty much every generation are now available in the same place.

iirate

I feel like it's probably time to finally "fix" the National Pokedex to make it make more sense, ie: make both genders of Nidoran the same species, put Pichu directly before Pikachu, Munchlax directly before Snorlax, etc.

I don't think it really makes sense to have things ordered the way they are anymore since Pokemon from pretty much every generation are now available in the same place.

Agreed, I really wish they'd clean things up, even if it meant changing some things that have been around since the start(like the Nido line).

qq more

Wouldn't there be compatibility issues in that case when it comes to transferring between generations then? (referring to the nidoran line)

Just seems entirely pointless.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree about the Nidoran line, though.

Derwind

Looks like I'm getting a fire starter pokemon for x and y, Fennikens evolution looks gorgeous. Hope they don't fuck it up with the final evo's.

pariah164

Looks like I'm getting a fire starter pokemon for x and y, Fennikens evolution looks gorgeous. Hope they don't fuck it up with the final evo's.
Only reason I'm not picking Fennekin is because of the Torchic distribution. That and so far, Froakie's evo makes him look LIKE A SIR.

Derwind

Only reason I'm not picking Fennekin is because of the Torchic distribution. That and so far, Froakie's evo makes him look LIKE A SIR.

I'll still get Torchic though regardless.

I wonder why Braixen has a stick up his/her butt? Is it going to turn into a fire/grass type? Has there ever been a fire/grass type before?

Braixen-X-and-Y.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I wonder why Braixen has a stick up his/her butt? Is it going to turn into a fire/grass type? Has there ever been a fire/grass type before?

Braixen-X-and-Y.jpg

That would be a pretty crazy combo, especially for a starter to have.

It hasn't been done before. The closest gamefreak came so far was fire/bug.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still like Chespin.

Braixen-X-and-Y.jpg
The stick is the wand it uses when attacking. I think the tail is like its Batman belt.

Derwind

:lol

it's a wand. it's used as such in battle.

A detachable butt wand? I like it.

Maybe it'll be a Fire/Fairy type.

That would be a pretty crazy combo, especially for a starter to have.

It hasn't been done before. The closest gamefreak came so far was fire/bug.

Yeah, sunny day + fire/grass type. Nah, no way that'd be a starter.

offtopic; Two type combinations I want to see are Ghost/Fighting and Flying/Fighting. Preferably if they split off from a common pre-evolution. Like one will only evolve at night in a cemetery and the other will only evolve in the day at a mountain peak. Or maybe they'll have evolution stones like Feather/Air stone and Grave/Tomb stone.

The stick is the wand it uses when attacking. I think the tail is like its Batman belt.

Yeah, but one can dream.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I always thought Sunflora having a Grass/Fire evolution (as in a literal sunflower, maybe autumn colored) would be pretty sweet.

I'm guessing they'll probably go with a Jack-O-Lantern or a chili pepper for it though.

JoeM86

Ahead of the opening of the new Pokémon Global Link with the launch of Pokémon X & Y, they have announced a new feature of it. In Pokémon X & Y, you can earn Poké Miles within certain parts, currently unknown. PokéMiles are used in the PokéMileage Club in the PGL in order to pay to play attractions and receive items from the shop, which can then be sent back to X & Y. However, there is another way to earn them. It has been announced that your Dream Points will be converted to PokéMiles. The conversion is as follows:
10,000–49,999 Dream Points = 500 PokéMiles
50,000–99,999 Dream Points = 3,000 PokéMiles
100,000–199,999 Dream Points = 10,000 PokéMiles
200,000 + Dream Points = 25,000 Poké Miles
The conversion is calculated by adding the Dream Points from all the games on your account. So if you have Black, White, Black 2 & White 2, they are all factored into the calculation. They also announced special Medals that are unlocked in the Pokémon Global Link if you also had Generation V games.
A Medal for Dream Points: 50,000, 100,000 or 200,000
A Medal for amount of purchased homes: 1, 4 or 8
A Medal for purchased items: 1, 25 or 50 items purchased
A Medal for purchased Pokémon Dolls: 1, 50 or 100 dolls purchased
A Medal for ranking in the top 100 in any GBU Season (except Season 10)
A Medal based on how many times you have ranked highly in WiFi Competitions

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

TrickRoom

Fighting/Fighting is the only remaining type combination with Flying that doesn't exist in the game.

Well, unless you count Fairy now.

Top Bottom