• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Every big game with a worldwide launch leaks.
Eh, the most likely thing that could happen is that a store sells it early. Not really a leak, more like a street date break.
Aw, dang. Somehow I missed this detail and assumed it'd be around release day... That means I won't be getting back into the competitive side for a while... Enough time to collect all of the new ones for the dex I guess :p.
Just see it as an opportunity to get into online battling where everyone's on a relatively even playing field :)

Dr. Buni

it'll be much more enjoyable to experience the game yourself!

I think that is very subjective. Some people like to know certain things about the games before playing, some actually even plan their teams with antecedence. I personally was hoping for the whole Kalos dex leaking, but since we are only 20 days from the release date, I don't really care anymore. I will just play it blindly, like I did with Blue and Diamond.
Perhaps the reason Gen I and IV are my favorites is because I played they blindly?

ffdgh

Not knowing the encounter rates will be troublesome
KuGsj.gif

Caladrius

Gen 3 has best artstyle

And hey, it's not reverse genwunner if I don't hold nostalgia as value!

I liked Gen IV's best. That may just be my bias towards the character design.

And I have mixed feelings about Sugimori's older art. The watercolor has a unique appeal to it but the linework was fairly crude (dem mutayted humens).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I liked Gen IV's best. That may just be my bias towards the character design.

And I have mixed feelings about Sugimori's older art. The watercolor has a unique appeal to it but the linework was fairly crude (dem mutayted humens).

Yep.

And I thought the watercoloring is too faded to make out the actual color of the mons (hence color errors). If anything I'd say the fanart did a better job than actual old Sugimori.

qq more

It's devolved in much the way a certain Animal Crossing thread did I remember you took issue with.

Because joking about an "upcoming" ND is EXACTLY like posting creepy sexualized shit about a kids game

I'm sorry that you're offended by my post. Here, this will make you feel better.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's devolved in much the way a certain Animal Crossing thread did I remember you took issue with.

I don't know the situation with Animal Crossing thread but I'm pretty sure that it's different story but we don't need to continuing this kind of talks since we are getting off-topic. If you are getting upset over little jokes then I would like to suggest one thing for you that would solve your problem with us. Just wait for characters and stages reveal threads so that way you can get new news without being annoyed by our jokes.

Toxi

Banned
Yep.

And I thought the watercoloring is too faded to make out the actual color of the mons (hence color errors). If anything I'd say the fanart did a better job than actual old Sugimori.
What?

You can see the color of the mons perfectly fine. Give me an example where the colors are unclear.

DaBoss

I like the watercolor style, but I prefer the digital art (or whatever the current style is called) more because it provides more clarity.

Refyref

I like the watercolor style, but I prefer the digital art (or whatever the current style is called) more because it provides more clarity.

Well, the current style still uses a pretty similar coloring style, but it actually fills all of the outlines now. (And the outlines are more carefully drawn.)

Dr. Buni

I must be the only one who likes Crystal more than HGSS. In fact, Crystal is the only Johto-related game I actually like.

Salvadora

I'm pretty sure the regional pokedex is way too big now.
Perhaps with the introduction of the previous generation's starter Pokemon they felt the need to split each up? I don't know.

B2/W2 was close to 300, right? I wonder how high they're aiming for then..

Caladrius

I'm pretty sure the regional pokedex is way too big now.

Subsequent playthroughs are going to be much more interesting for it, thank Giratina.

And I think there's going to be somewhere between 350-450. The pokemon variety claimed from impressions and Kalos's scale leave me very optimistic.

I must be the only one who likes Crystal more than HGSS. In fact, Crystal is the only Johto-related game I actually like.

Crystal was my first pokemon game, so it happens. (I just bulldozed through with my homedawg Typhlosion so I didn't get to appreciate it all that much, and I never beat Red, but still.)

Qurupeke

Subsequent playthroughs are going to be much more interesting for it, thank Giratina.

And I think there's going to be somewhere between 350-450. The pokemon variety claimed from impressions and Kalos's scale leave me very optimistic.
About 400, yeah. And that's a lot of Pokemon. I really want to see how big Kalos is compared to Unova.

Toxi

Banned
One big difference between early and current Sugimori art for Pokemon: more dramatic posing.
Indeed, it isn't that bad, but there are a few, mostly it has to do with extremely light colors.

040Wigglytuff_RG.png

Dat bleached wigglytuff.
I'm pretty sure that's just an example of design changing over time. See: Exeggcute's early and later art (in fact, Exeggcute is paler in current art. Dat bleached Exeggcute?).

Dereck

I'm playing Black 2 and holy shit Emolga is such a fucking piece of shit. I'm gonna teach one of my Pokemon a rock attack so I can put it to sleep.

Top Bottom