• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Delio

Speaking about Shiny, how many shinies have you encountered? Discounting Red Gyarados of course. I met only two, a Shiny Venonat and Shiny Durant.

My FIRST shiny other than Gyarados was a Shiny Zigzagoon before I had pokeballs. My second was a shiny Geodude in Fire Red that I still have. Third a Shiny Emolga I ran into while Audino grinding. All my others are gifts from friends.

JoeM86

Speaking about Shiny, how many shinies have you encountered? Discounting Red Gyarados of course. I met only two, a Shiny Venonat and Shiny Durant.

A few

Got a shiny Anorith in Ruby, a shiny Gloom in the Sapphire Safari Zone. Got a shiny Charmander while breeding in HGSS, a shiny Shellder while breeding in BW, a shiny Drilbur in B2W2. Probably some more I'm missing

Then there's the events and Haxorus etc.

JoeM86

From today's episode

gpYG1Sg.jpg

Finally about to get to the Pokemon League in Black 2. I put the game down for 3+ months but I am back on track! What a fantastic game, can't wait for X/Y

Just ordered Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky~ Won't play it for a while, but looking forward to it.

Used the Mimic/Transform glitch with the red Gyarados to get a shiny Ditto from Red, with which I bred a shiny Charizard in Gold.

Found a shiny Gloom in the wild in Ruby.

Chained the following in Diamond:
Larvitar
Surskit
Voltorb
Dunsparce
Porygon
Togepi
Magnemite
Doduo
Absol
Ralts
Tyrogue
Caterpie

There were at least two of a couple of those, but I don't remember exactly which (Doduo, Ralts and Tyrogue I think?). I really liked chaining, shame they didn't keep it.

I've played Gold, Silver, Crystal (2 times), Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald (2 times), Leaf Green, Diamond, Platinum (2 times), Soul Silver (2 times), and Black (2 times) to completion.

Shiny Pokemon seen besides Gyarados: 0

Dr. Buni

Ash never gave Pidgeot away and I don't think it was released of its Poké Ball, so technically it can't be caught by other trainer.

What does Ash have to do with the games anyway?

If they ever make Pokemon Red/Green/Blue 3DS, I really hope that Ash would ended up battling against trainer who captured his Pidgeot so Ash would felt that he's idiot for giving away Pidgeot.
I was initially against the idea of a Red/Blue/Green game but the more I think about it the more I want one.

Just a question by the way, do you guys on Gaf help people out with evolve-trades and just trades generally? Would love to complete my Pokedex in X & Y.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ash never gave Pidgeot away and I don't think it was released of its Poké Ball, so technically it can't be caught by other trainer.

What does Ash have to do with the games anyway?

Well, Ash would visiting the specific regions depend on the game being released. For example, I would like to believe that Ash went to Johto again when Heart Gold and Silver Soul got released.

If Red/Green 3DS got released then they probably would do the arc on Ash visiting Kanto.

I was initially against the idea of a Red/Blue/Green game but the more I think about it the more I want one.

Just a question by the way, do you guys on Gaf help people out with evolve-trades and just trades generally? Would love to complete my Pokedex in X & Y.

Yeah, I would help if people need it.

If you guys ever meet a random shiny Pokémon, would you try your luck with weakening it and using a more standard ball, or would you just go with a Master Ball?

Fireblend

Banned
If you guys ever meet a random shiny Pokémon, would you try your luck with weakening it and using a more standard ball, or would you just go with a Master Ball?
After freaking out about finding a shiny growlithe I weakened it to less than half its HP and not wanting to risk it any further captured it with a great ball which was the best I had atm :p

Aggrotek

Depends on the Pokemon, some know moves like Roar or Perish Song, others have moves like Hi Jump Kick and Double Edge, which could kill them.

It's situational :p

If the catch rate is anything below normal, I'm not taking any chances and chucking a Master Ball at it.

Though I've caught three shinies in the wild, two Shinxes, and one Growlithe, all with Quick Balls tossed on the first turn.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My first Shiny was in Emerald, Dusclops...found in the Battle Pike. The most disappointing moment in my life. :(

Years later I came across in Black Version a Shiny Leavanny, and caught it. Later I was breeding it for a Sewaddle for competitive use, and hatched a Shiny Sewaddle. Then not too long after, in Chargestone Cave, I found a Shiny Ferroseed and caught it.

Aggrotek

My first Shiny was in Emerald, Dusclops...found in the Battle Pike. The most disappointing moment in my life. :(

Years later I came across in Black Version a Shiny Leavanny, and caught it. Later I was breeding it for a Sewaddle for competitive use, and hatched a Shiny Sewaddle. Then not too long after, in Chargestone Cave, I found a Shiny Ferroseed and caught it.

How can you hate shiny Dusclops?

Top Bottom