• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

Anyone picking up their pokemon xl today?

Snagged mine. Just about to open ze box.

EDIT:
7acf.jpg

Sorry for the image quality, my camera is smudged badly.

You can't tell it from this picture, but the outer casing seems to be made out of a different kind of plastic than the regular XL. It's a little bit sturdier and glossier.

Letep

Snagged mine. Just about to open ze box.

EDIT:

Sorry for the image quality, my camera is smudged badly.

You can't tell it from this picture, but the outer casing seems to be made out of a different kind of plastic than the regular XL. It's a little bit sturdier and glossier.

Glossier I knew, sturdier though is new.

The finish reminds me of the DSi LL / XL finish. Those were so nice.

High hopes for X/Y, despite not feeling B2/W2 at all. I normally put over several hundred hours in each title, but those two were just.. I dunno. Wasn't feeling it.

Made me wonder where I rank the games, so I figured it out. Put the various tiers together.

1. Heart/Soul
2. Black/White
3. Fire/Leaf
4. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
5. Gold/Silver/Crystal
6. Red/Blue/Yellow
7. Black2/White2
8. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
What are you on? Emerald and Platinum are both way better than the games you have them grouped with...

Castcoder

Banned
More pics of the blue, please. I have to be in class until 4:35 and have an hour to drive both ways before I can get mine. Help a college student out.

zroid

Banned
I was in my last year of high school when HGSS came out. People were openly wandering around with Pokewalkers.

Ha, I was in my last year of undergrad. I used to pass around the PokéWalker to my friends in class, and they took turns playing with it. :>

I also had a lab position that year, and it always shocked me how many steps I'd accrue simply doing lab work for a few hours. It was surprisingly exhausting. Yeah, I hated lab work. :<

pariah164

Ha, I was in my last year of undergrad. I used to pass around the PokéWalker to my friends in class, and they took turns playing with it. :>

I also had a lab position that year, and it always shocked me how many steps I'd accrue simply doing lab work for a few hours. It was surprisingly exhausting. Yeah, I hated lab work. :<
I did the same thing with my Pokewalker, only my lab was for a 'physical science class for non-science majors'. There was not as much walking, but still a lot.

DigitalOp

Banned
My job just had an award ceremony for my team.

And I was awarded a $50 gift card!!!

My job paid for my copy of Pokemon X!!!!!!

My birthday has just hit soaring heights!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll miss you guys before/during release. But I'll have to leave this thread like a week before release to avoid any leaks/non-official news :/ or are we gonna have one thread with spoilers/leaks/pics and one that remains strictly official with spoilers heavily punished? :/

MicH

Just checked all my old DS Pokémon games and it looks like I have been very forward-thinking with completely emptying my Diamond and Platinum cards for Pokémon - all are now in White or Black/White 2. Makes it easy for me to transfer them to X/Y once Bank becomes available :D

Also missed out on getting Meloetta because Bergsala (Scandinavian Nintendo dsitributor) didn't feel like bringing that ONE event (but we got all the shiny beasts, DPPT mascots etc). Argh. Forever a whole in my PokèDex

I'll miss you guys before/during release. But I'll have to leave this thread like a week before release to avoid any leaks/non-official news :/ or are we gonna have one thread with spoilers/leaks/pics and one that remains strictly official with spoilers heavily punished? :/
This thread is strictly for official news. Spoilers after release won't be allowed either.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This thread is strictly for official news. Spoilers after release won't be allowed either.

Okay, that sounds good. I don't wanna see any leaked/in game-pictures of Pokemon or events or cities or anything, which is why I was gonna go on a complete blackout once leaks were imminent. But that'd drive me crazy, too hyped.

Still hoping for a midnight release at future shop :/

zroid

Banned
You know, in all my time playing Pokemon Black and Black 2, I have not touched Dream World at all.

It's very useful but it's also very badly executed -- flash games ugh. I still used it a ton because it lets you get a crapload of old Pokémon (with hidden abilities!) from near the beginning of the game. Plus... berries...

DaBoss

I didn't even give a shit during highschool. Played Pokémon still. I had friends who did too, but we never played at school. Though I guess I was late for Gen 4 since I didn't get a DS till early 2010.

Yay! I won't go today though, last time I tried to get a Pokémon on day 1 of a local distro event, they didn't have it set up.

It's available at the EB Games in downtown, the one outside Eaton Centre.

It's very useful but it's also very badly executed -- flash games ugh. I still used it a ton because it lets you get a crapload of old Pokémon (with hidden abilities!) from near the beginning of the game. Plus... berries...
The best part of the DW is when a Pokemon you really, really want on there is male!

...Ohwait, that means no ability breeding, which is why a lot of us look for females. BOOOOO.

I love berries in Gen V!

...grumblegrumbleDWshitgrumblegrumble

Growing them was such a pain. And you had to find them by chance. 1 hour is not nearly enough to do everything you want. And the arbitrary limit on how many times you could enter the Island of Dreams made logging in a real chore.

Growing them was such a pain. And you had to find them by chance. 1 hour is not nearly enough to do everything you want. And the arbitrary limit on how many times you could enter the Island of Dreams made logging in a real chore.
Growing them takes forever, yeah. Finding them works best if you wander around looking for them on people's share shelves and that's incredibly tedious. Furthermore, if you didn't want to miss out on 200 DPs a day you have to search for people whose gardens need watering.

I have a connection with all the berries, though. That helps. Oh, and I just scored a female Eevee. Like, right now. I already had a female DW one but now I can say I got it the old-fashioned way. HOHOHOHOHO.

Eh some use that program that does all the dw junk/minigames for you. It's super convenient.
Eh, now that I have 10K points the time-consuming part is berry management and not actually getting DW Pokemon. DW Pokemon aren't really an issue, anyways. If I really wanted one I could just trade for it or, hell, just get it off the internet using DNS shenanigans.

That and I'd feel guilty and the guilt wouldn't make it worth it. I kinda enjoy doing DW now that I have 10K points and don't feel the need to grind, too.

DigitalOp

Banned
I didn't even give a shit during highschool. Played Pokémon still. I had friends who did too, but we never played at school. Though I guess I was late for Gen 4 since I didn't get a DS till early 2010.

It's available at the EB Games in downtown, the one outside Eaton Centre.

Funny story, I had a Pokemon battle in English class in 9th grade. Teacher was mad cool though. She caught us playing while she was teaching, put down her marker, and was like "Are you guys playing Pokemon?!...." "Am I that boring?" The class stared at us and laughed. We were being covert with the DS squished between our bodies and in the desk. Everytime someone fainted, we' d smirk and headnod lol

To this day, I still don't know how she just assumed we were playing Pokemon... So odd for her to be so correct at that time lol..

Growlie19

Oh, seeing all this dream world stuff reminds me that I need to get the last few items out of there soon. I think I still have those competition berries. Might as well get one last DW Pokémon, too.

-GJ-

Can anyone tell me what the negative side of Mega Evolutions is? I'm playing Y right now (review copy) and I can't really find a reason not to Mega Evolve at the start of battle.

Top Bottom