• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Fireblend

Banned
Taking advantage of this being the first post:

Siren.gif
THIS THREAD IS A X/Y SPOILER-FREE ZONE. DISCUSS ANY POTENTIAL LEAKS/SPOILERS HERE.
Siren.gif

I removed it. But would a random forum-posted get in trouble?

Anyway, the dude posted a picture of his Chespin evolving into Quiladdin. So, yeah, we might see the final form soon. 0.o

Doubt it, you just reposted a link, NeoGAF can't be made responsible for it and it's going to be plastered everywhere online in a matter of hours.

JoeM86

I removed it. But would a random forum-posted get in trouble?

Anyway, the dude posted a picture of his Chespin evolving into Quiladdin. So, yeah, we might see the final form soon. 0.o

Probably not, but it's better safe than sorry.

This is actually catastrophic to their plans and I fear the repercussions of such leaks.

-GJ-

Probably not, but it's better safe than sorry.

This is actually catastrophic to their plans and I fear the repercussions of such leaks.

I'm curious to see if they will reveal more Pokémon (or evolutions) before the games hit the stores.

DaBoss

So should there be a spoiler thread for these images, since using an old topic may make some people think it is an update on whatever that topic was about.

Also, should there be a spoiler OT after launch so people can freely discuss spoiler stuff outside of the OT?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So should there be a spoiler thread for these images, and should there be a spoiler OT after launch so people can freely discuss spoiler stuff outside of the OT?

I didn't think a picture of the PokeCenter was that spoilery, I just posted it to warn people it seems leaks were out...

(and to let people like me who look forward to them know they might be happening)

Caladrius

The only thing I care about is not knowing the pokemon themselves (new pokemon and Mega evo counts I'd like to know) and the plot. I don't even remember the last time I played a game without the plot spoiled for me.

Zeroth

The only thing I care about is not knowing the pokemon themselves (new pokemon and Mega evo counts I'd like to know) and the plot. I don't even remember the last time I played a game without the plot spoiled for me.

Your start your journey on a small town and end it fighting the Elite Four.

You are welcome.

Caladrius

Your start your journey on a small town and end it fighting the Elite Four.

You are welcome.

I was expecting a story of how Serena kills Trevor, Tierno and Shauna with the 3rd Kalos legendary and the final boss comes down to a fashion competition between the two of you.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can anyone tell me what the negative side of Mega Evolutions is? I'm playing Y right now (review copy) and I can't really find a reason not to Mega Evolve at the start of battle.

Maybe limited access to mega stones, if use of them consumes them? I don't actually know if they're consumables or not.

Also, only 1/6 Pokemon on your team can mega evolve anyway, so it's a choice of which one you mega evolve anyway. There doesn't have to be a drawback necessarily.

Also, weirdly specific question, but are there any good iPhone background pictures? Maybe sites that have some? I need a new background.

Delio

I dont mind leaks tbh. Although the only thing I really want is Fennekin's final. Other than that it's new moves and stats tbh.

Smiley90

Oh, page change, whoops.

Thank god that picture was removed before I saw it. Please god keep spoilers/all leaks out of here :/ I don't wanna have to leave this thread :(

Caladrius

So, on other topics...

If you are picking up/have picked up/want to pick up an XY 3DS, which color? Red, Blue, or Gold?

(I already posted a picture buuuuut....) Blue, colored after the superior legendary, of course.
;P
I wish they had released the Gold one stateside, would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Well, it's nice to expect things!

How else can hopes and dreams be crushed?

I would get Red, to replace my red XL which I got before summer to take advantage of some deal.

I do find it interesting that they sort of went one extra step to give us the red one while Japan just had two blue ones, lol

Smiley90

I guess. It is just baffles me a bit, but hey.

It's a question of where you draw the line.

Is pokecenter okay?

Are cities okay?

Are forests okay?

Are battles okay?

Are pokemon okay?

The easiest way to not spoil it for anyone is to simply ban ALL non-official info/pictures and talk about those somewhere else. And that's where I draw my line, too. You don't have to agree with it, but I hope you at least respect it.

Dawg

I highly recommend not posting that image. Nintendo is going to come down hard on whoever is leaking it, and places that repost it won't be safe.

I got a cease and desist for posting images Melkor posted and I didn't even sign a non-disclosure agreement. This guy is leaking from a review copy which violates a non-disclosure agreement and will almost certainly result in prosecution, and Nintendo won't hesitate taking things down.

I can't believe someone is leaking stuff, Nintendo is very strict in this.

Details of the NDA should not be put online, but the punishment is hard. Have they even read the NDA?

Camjo-Z

I bought Black 2 to hold me over during these next few weeks, and I decided not to use any Pokemon that I used in Black 1. So I saw a Minccino and was like "Yeah, I didn't use him before, let's do it! He'll probably suck but whatever!"

Then I saw his Skill Link ability.

TAIL SLAP ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Yeah I figured as much. I'm not really a competitive Pokémon player so I don't often give my Pokémon items to hold other than Exp Share and Lucky Egg etc, so personally I wouldn't really see that as a downside.

Btw I'm not sure if these Pokébeach rumors have been debunked yet, but they are fake. However, there are three things on the list that are 50% true.

A.How do we know you really are a reviewer.
B.Two of the things on the list are already 100% confirmed.

Dawg

Talking bout Black 2, I tried playing it on my 3DS but the ghosting was pretty bad.

Does anyone know if this is normal? It's noticeable since all you do is run up/down/left/right. I have this with 3DS games (3d slider off) too :(

Edit: watch what you post -GJ-, the NDA is kinda strict :p

Smiley90

He came in here asking for advice, I'm not sure that's what a "fake" reviewer would do. Plus, he posted that he writes for a dutch newspaper that would probably be easily verifiable. PLUS, he asked another reviewer to contact him once they get it to play the game online.

All not things someone "faking" being a reviewer (for attention or whatever) would do, would be my guess.

-GJ-

You don't have to believe me. Just don't be sad when the stuff on that list isn't in the game.

He shouldn't do that.
I'm not 'inviting' people, but there were people who doubted that I have the game. If you're on my friendslist, you can see I have the game. That's the point I was trying to make. Besides, I just wanted to get some things cleared up about Mega Evolutions that the game didn't really make clear for me.

Smiley90

Not allowed afaik

He's not allowed to play online against others? That'd be one weird restriction on a review, since it's one of the more essential parts of the game. But then I'm not Nintendo, so no idea what's allowed and what's not.

All that I was trying to say was that since he was willing to do such a thing that was enough proof that he's legit. No need to actually go and add him. ;P

Camjo-Z

Talking bout Black 2, I tried playing it on my 3DS but the ghosting was pretty bad.

Does anyone know if this is normal? It's noticeable since all you do is run up/down/left/right. I have this with 3DS games (3d slider off) too :(

Playing it right now on my 3DS, not noticing any ghosting. Must be your screen.

Dawg

He's not allowed to play online against others? That'd be one weird restriction on a review, since it's one of the more essential parts of the game. But then I'm not Nintendo, so no idea what's allowed and what's not.

Afaik wi-fi should be disabled throughout the entire review period. I don't make the rules :p

It's not worth breaking them though.

Playing it right now on my 3DS, not noticing any ghosting. Must be your screen.

Welp.

You don't have to believe me. Just don't be sad when the stuff on that list isn't in the game.

I'm not 'inviting' people, but there were people who doubted that I have the game. If you're on my friendslist, you can see I have the game. That's the point I was trying to make. Besides, I just wanted to get some things cleared up about Mega Evolutions that the game didn't really make clear for me.

How are 3 of the things only "50% true" when we already know 2 of them are true?

-GJ-

How are 3 of the things only "50% true" when we already know 2 of them are true?

All I'm saying is that the list is 100% made up by someone who wants to fool Pokémon fans. So don't end up expecting what's on that list in the game, so you won't be sad when it doesn't end up in the game. However, the guy who made that list guessed some of the things partially right. Whatever that is though, I can't comment on that. And even if I could I wouldn't do it, because that would ruin the surprise.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I've played way too much in the last couple of days. My eyes need rest.

Dawg

Oh, I see. Still, the NDA has so many restrictions. It's best to just disable wi-fi altogether and just play it offline till it's safe to talk about it.

Again, as long as you don't actually leak/spoil important stuff, nothing will probably happen, but it's best to play safe :p

I just know I wouldn't want to be the guy who leaked those pictures earlier. Ninjas will find him.

Top Bottom