• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

ST2K

Alright, I'm pretty early in Pokemon Conquest (picked up on the recommendation of you guys) and I'm already sick of having an Eevee. When can I evolve it into something cool? I've only conquered the Fire and Grass kingdoms.

Sponge

Banned
I had another successful Masuda Method hatch! Shroomish at about 200 eggs or so.

ezUW31c.png

I'm also almost finished with my Shiny team once Pokebank comes out now.

ylmvEs0.png

MicH

I had another success Masuda Method hatch! Shroomish at about 200 eggs or so.

ezUW31c.png

I'm also finished with my Shiny team once Pokebank comes out now.

ylmvEs0.png
Congrats on the Shroomish! Cool idea for a shiny team. I guess I could do something similar using mine:

Gen I: Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan (got Tyrogue)
Gen II: Ampharos
Gen III: Gardevoir/Slaking
Gen IV: Gallade (only if I don't go Gardevoir)
Gen V: Cofagrigus

That's pretty cool

Sponge

Banned
Congrats on the Shroomish! Cool idea for a shiny team. I guess I could do something similar using mine:

That's pretty cool

Seems like a good idea for a team! I like it. I'm just waiting until all the X/Y Pokemon leak and we know all the Pokemon that are retconned into Fairy before I decided my last two Pokemon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think you remember wrong because at the very least you would have to get into Saffron City to do Silph Co and beat Giovanni there before you could battle him in the Viridian Gym

But I do agree that Kanto was balanced very well in a non-linear way (that I think also didn't impact the levels as it did in Johto). I'm not sure if I would say it's "much more" open than the rest of the games though (and Red/Blue/Yellow are my favorite games)

Hmm. That's true, about Silph Co. I definitely, definitely did Blaine before Sabrina, though - I remember that particularly, because in Yellow she has a lv.50 Alakazam which can wreck shit if you're not careful, and I couldn't actually beat her until I had Zapdos, which requires Surf.
I was 8, give me a break!
Blaine was much easier, my Lapras wrecked him.

Caladrius

That's pretty cool

You're alright in my book, Kicks.
I still need to get on snagging that shiny Gallade.

Boogiepop

So, I was talking to a friend earlier in the week, and we came to the consensus that a huge mistake was made in the Vanilluxe line's shiny colors. Why doesn't it become a different flavor? Such a missed opportunity.

Also, do to lameness and other stuff crowding up my schedule I'm totally going to miss the Shiny Palkia event. Anyone want to be awesome and see if we can work out a trade? I definitely have a second shiny Dialga at the very least, and will be sure to grab a second Giratina. I should also be able to go back and find multiple other events I have doubles of, if anyone's interested.

So, I was talking to a friend earlier in the week, and we came to the consensus that a huge mistake was made in the Vanilluxe line's shiny colors. Why doesn't it become a different flavor? Such a missed opportunity.

Because apparently slightly changing the hue of a color is totally worth the literally one in thousands chance of getting one? A lot of shinies seem lazy.

Slermy

Yeah, it's there (the intend to buy bonus)

I have NO idea what to pick. Physical or Download??????

My carts always end up going from system to system (even Black 2 goes from 3DS to DSi depending on what's going on), so I'd like to keep that freedom.

Physical all the way.

What is the best way to spend the last two weeks before XY comes out? :p

I'm going through trying to work towards "catching them all". Not that I will finish, but maybe I can get a head start on being able to do so in X/Y.

Hmm. That's true, about Silph Co. I definitely, definitely did Blaine before Sabrina, though - I remember that particularly, because in Yellow she has a lv.50 Alakazam which can wreck shit if you're not careful, and I couldn't actually beat her until I had Zapdos, which requires Surf.
I was 8, give me a break!
Blaine was much easier, my Lapras wrecked him.

I don't blame you - Sabrina's Yellow team is actually pretty hard! A lot of it is probably because Psychic types were absurd in Gen 1 though (although I think her team was overleveled a little bit)

clemenx

Banned

I've been looking at my team in both Black and Black 2.

I completed the dex in Black and played 500+hours. It's insane I have almost every box maxed out even when I traded myself to Black 2 most of my trained Pokemon. I'm probably going to end up paying for Pokemon Bank :(

I absolute love having Pokemon back from Fire Red and Ruby. The "after a long travel through time" bit in the Pokemon status warms my heart.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm thinking about this too... the only "mandatory" thing I have left to do is actually beat the white treehollow. I also have Regirock&Regice left to catch (White 2, so no Registeel/Regigigas unless I get it from somewhere), as well as Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie.

Aside from those 3 things... I was contemplating trying to complete the regional dex, maybe even try and CATCH all the regional dex ones... but eh. Not sure I wanna burn myself out before X/Y, although I doubt that'll happen.

I don't care for breeding/EV-optimizing and whatnot, so I couldn't care less about that. Shiny-hunting/breeding is too much effort. :p

Dr. Buni

I am replaying Crystal to pass the time. I could be trying to finish the dex in B2W2, but I just don't see the point in doing such thing :I

Growlie19

I've been shiny hunting and revisiting my 4th gen games. Right now, I'm SRing for a shiny fossil of either a Lileep, Omanyte, or Aerodactyl in Black 2. In Platinum, I gathering up money for decor in the Villa and in Heart Gold, I'm both REing a shiny Rapidash and getting the team's levels up.

Nohar

Quick question: I heard that the Best Wishes seasons of the anime were quite good (for a kid show). Truth to be told, it was nice to see the Team Rocket level-uping from comic relief to real threat in the few episodes that I watched (*cough* 50 *cough*). However, how are they handling the N arc? I read some commentaries that were rather unflattering. I'm kinda losing interest.

... What? I'm trying to keep myself occupied while waiting for Pokemon X/Y.

On a side note, the only shinies that I managed to capture over 6 different games were Nidorino and Patrat... Not the most useful ones of the bunch, saldy (though I like my blue Nidoking).

TrickRoom

Quick question: I heard that the Best Wishes seasons of the anime were quite good (for a kid show). Truth to be told, it was nice to see the Team Rocket level-uping from comic relief to real threat in the few episodes that I watched (*cough* 50 *cough*). However, how are they handling the N arc? I read some commentaries that were rather unflattering. I'm kinda losing interest.

My experience with the anime tells me that your experience with the anime will be a lot better if you don't go on forums to read people talking about it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
BW has been my least favourite arc of the entire anime by far. End of Sinnoh arc Ash to midway through Unova arc Ash is one of the most disjarring character sequences I've had the misfortune of watching.

The N arc was pretty boring. Had some good hype but just dragged.

Now that we are just random island hopping means each episode is a hit or a miss.

-Horizon-

Alright, I'm pretty early in Pokemon Conquest (picked up on the recommendation of you guys) and I'm already sick of having an Eevee. When can I evolve it into something cool? I've only conquered the Fire and Grass kingdoms.
You're still early in the game to think about evolving it

Some of the eeveeutions have some conditions to evolve them like:

get your link to this percent
get your *insert stat here* to this number and up
use an evolution stone
be in this location

if you go to serebii, it has a lot of the evolving conditions if you look under Pokemon Conquest

#teamglaceon

Derwind

So my 3DS decided to stop working/turning on, conveniently close to the X and Y release.

Nintendo conspiracy is afoot. Forcing me to but the limited edition 3DS XL's. /shakesfist

Aggrotek

So, we're trying to put together a list of every fan group and store running events for the XY launch worldwide. The list up there right now is very preliminary, we've still got a lot of detail to add for those ones. If you know of one that's not on the list (and seeing as there's easily going to be hundreds if not thousands of these worldwide, hopefully plenty of you do), please forward the details to us so we can get it up.

This makes me wish there was one in NC. :(

So, we're trying to put together a list of every fan group and store running events for the XY launch worldwide. The list up there right now is very preliminary, we've still got a lot of detail to add for those ones. If you know of one that's not on the list (and seeing as there's easily going to be hundreds if not thousands of these worldwide, hopefully plenty of you do), please forward the details to us so we can get it up.
I will have just moved to Montana when X & Y release, and there's no event there. I was really hoping there'd be a chance to meet some new people... oh well.

SkullHydra and the Infinite Sadness

Top Bottom