• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I last played Diamond, should I go for B&W or B&W2 to fill these next 13 days?
You'll want to play through a Gen V game eventually so you can transfer your stuff to X/Y. But, the earliest you can complete the transfer is Christmas-ish. So, I'd save that game for later so you don't burn out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anyone here has those transparent Sylveon ribbon templates? Tomorrow is Oct 1 and I want to begin the ribboning!

Hype bro, that's where I live.
My man, for real?! Anywhere near Bozeman?

Also, what is everyone's plan for in game teams for X and Y? All Kalos Pokemon? Are you planning your teams beforehand? I have a few Pokemon guaranteed on my team, but want to leave a few spots open just in case.

EDIT: Can someone Sylveon my avatar? I'd do it myself, but my computer is packed. >_>

Also, what is everyone's plan for in game teams for X and Y? All Kalos Pokemon? Are you planning your teams beforehand? I have a few Pokemon guaranteed on my team, but want to leave a few spots open just in case.

My brother just moved back from Bozeman, I'm about 200 miles or so away from there.

All Kalos, all the time.

I'm definitely going all Gen VI Pokemon. Outside of the starter (Fennekin all the wayyy) I'm not really planning my team at all - I never really do, since inevitably it will vary from any initial plans I put forth.

I would definitely like to have some kind of Fairy-Type on my team, though. I'd like a Spritzee, but since I'm getting X that may prove to be a little difficult...

DaBoss

All Kalos, and am going with Fennekin as the starter. Possibly go with Fletchling/Talonflame since I always seem to have the regional bird in my team.

-Horizon-

EDIT: Can someone Sylveon my avatar? I'd do it myself, but my computer is packed. >_>

gonna wing it, whatever pokemon I find cool, I'm gonna use, not gonna transfer anything in (but will probably use that Torchic that is being given away)

zroid

Banned

how's this?

skullhydrasylveon8vpn0.png

All Gen VI Pokemon but maybe one newly Fairy type old Pokemon.

DigitalOp

Banned

Im doing a pure Kalos run-through first. Should be really fun. I want to emulate my original Blue version game experience. Alot of wonder and excitement back then....

But Im concurrently trying to catch up with White so I finish that game and start sending the guys over. I started getting ready by transferring from Ruby to Pearl.... (oh lord is it backbreaking... Why didn't I do this sooner.... X_X)

I want to get my collection of starters on the same game so I can start my breeding factory. Really wanna get into trading with PokeGAF and I think starters would be a cool market to get into.

Golbez (Chespin)
Elektra (Helioptile)
Johansen (Malamar)
Graham (Honedge)
Nala (Pyroar)
Chris Walken (Skrelp, and yes, the nickname fits)

My team will most certainly change once I'm actually running through the game myself, but whatever.

Gold star and a pat on the back for anyone who can figure out the reasoning behind my incredibly clever and not at all silly nicknames.

Delio

Fennekin,Talonflame are cleared for my team. Anything else I will just see about. Prob have a mix of old stuff in with the new pokemon.

Derwind

Going to start with an all Kalos Team, going to wing it for most of the run through though.

I'm going to wait to see the final evo's of the starters before choosing which one, though Fenniken is in the lead, Froakie not far behind, not feeling Chespin though. We'll see though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just a quick reminder, the fact that there's only 2 weeks left also means that Shiny Giratina is now available at EBGames/in Canada! Will go pick it up sometime this week :)

Fennekin and Brortortle are the only guaranteed spots. Gonna wing the rest as I make my way through the game.

DMG-01

PokéGAF, help me! I can't stay out of the spoiler thread! I'm going to go sleep now, so I'll at least be safe for the next ~8 hours. But after that... there's no hope for me.

Derwind

Just a quick reminder, the fact that there's only 2 weeks left also means that Shiny Giratina is now available at EBGames/in Canada! Will go pick it up sometime this week :)

Yeah I was at my local EB games when I found out my 3DS broke(stopped turning on), wanted to pick up the Giratina too. =(

Incidentally I didn't buy a limited edition pokemon gameboy since pokemon Gold & Silver came out, got the gameboy color that sparkled gold and silver. That was a long ass time ago and sadly, I was forced to give it away to my younger cousins.

So I think I'll get the limited edition X and Y 3DS XL as my own 13 year anniversary. This one I hope doesn't break on me.

Shoot, I can't believe its been thirteen years for me since I bought Gold & Silver and 15 years since Red & Blue.

0_0

-Horizon-

Finally time for the best of the trio.

Will Giratina come with the Griseous Orb? I can't remember if B/W/2 gave you the orbs or not.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally time for the best of the trio.

Will Giratina come with the Griseous Orb? I can't remember if B/W/2 gave you the orbs or not.

The handed-out pokemon don't come with it, but you can get all three orbs ingame in B2W2. That much I know.

DigitalOp

Banned
Golbez (Chespin)
Elektra (Helioptile)
Johansen (Malamar)
Graham (Honedge)
Nala (Pyroar)
Chris Walken (Skrelp, and yes, the nickname fits)

My team will most certainly change once I'm actually running through the game myself, but whatever.

Gold star and a pat on the back for anyone who can figure out the reasoning behind my incredibly clever and not at all silly nicknames.

Fennekin,Talonflame are cleared for my team. Anything else I will just see about. Prob have a mix of old stuff in with the new pokemon.

For my E4 team... I can't make promises but I will guarantee that Geninja (Froakie3), Blastoise, and Tyrantrum will hold the slots to take me to victory... The other 3 are up for fair game. Its going to take some massive shakeup to take those 3 out their spots...

PokéGAF, help me! I can't stay out of the spoiler thread! I'm going to go sleep now, so I'll at least be safe for the next ~8 hours. But after that... there's no hope for me.

Oct 4th.... We're all in there man... You're not alone... Lol Just ride it out...

Wynnebeck

Banned
Alright you damn Nintendo scrubs. I've finally broken down and decided to let myself get a little excited over X/Y. However, I literally haven't played a Pokemon game since Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I have no idea about the changes and what to expect, let alone the big difference between X and Y. Any help?

DaBoss

Just ride the crazy train to rumor town. Nothing stops the train.

Magnus

It appears I missed Shiny Palkia; god damn it.

Got Dialga and Giratina though. Next event is Torchic on Sat Oct 12, si? And only to X/Y I believe?

Derwind

It appears I missed Shiny Palkia; god damn it.

Got Dialga and Giratina though. Next event is Torchic on Sat Oct 12, si? And only to X/Y I believe?

I missed Shiny Dialga. If I don't get a new 3DS to replace my old one soon, I might miss Shiny Giratina. =(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, honestly if people can keep up with Sandshrew, I honestly can't see anything offensive with Talonflame.

alvmew

I want to do only Kalos Pokemon for my first playthrough, but I also want to use the event Torchic on my first time as well.... >_<

Definitely going to use Tyrantrum and Swirlix on my first run regardless, though. The rest I will probably just figure out as I go along.

ffdgh

Chespin
Sylveon
Tyrunt
that fire bird
Panchum
Buizel

So mostly gen 6 with a guest.

TrickRoom

I just watched some of the Finals footage for the World Championships that was posted on the official youtube. Wow, this is a lot different from the last time I saw finals. Since when did they have voice commentary?

I thought the Seniors battle was the best. I was kind of hoping for a 2-1 match victory on one of them, though.

I just watched some of the Finals footage for the World Championships that was posted on the official youtube. Wow, this is a lot different from the last time I saw finals. Since when did they have voice commentary?

I thought the Seniors battle was the best. I was kind of hoping for a 2-1 match victory on one of them, though.

Since this year.

DigitalOp

Banned
Alright you damn Nintendo scrubs. I've finally broken down and decided to let myself get a little excited over X/Y. However, I literally haven't played a Pokemon game since Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I have no idea about the changes and what to expect, let alone the big difference between X and Y. Any help?

Everything.

New Fairy Type (Supr Eff against Fighting, Dragon, Dark)
Easier EV Training
Mega Evos
Type Rebalancing (Electric can't be paralyzed. Grass-type Pokémon are no longer affected by moves such as Spore, Stun Spore, PoisonPowder or Sleep Powder. Etc...)
Horde Battles / Sky Battles
Pokemon-Amie (Nintendogs-like interaction with your Pokemon)

Basically treat it like Red & Blue. There's enough here for this to qualify as a major reboot to the formula again.. And this time its worldwide launch so pretty much EVERYONE is in the dark.

Top Bottom