• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Dr. Buni

It seems that Serena (from the anime) wants to be
a "Pokémon Racer" or something, riding Pokémon and stuff. Sounds interesting to me and I am glad Contest crap is not coming back .

I'm lazy darn it!
The move tester, the friendship checker, and pedometer were the only ones I like that I can remember.

I don't remember most of the apps tbh, but I know for sure that the Pokétch as a whole was more interesting than a menu and the C-gear.

Zeroth

Needs more ribbons, not moe enough for my team.

image.php

It wasn't in DPPt.
Irrelevant. We're talking about XY here.
Like in B/W, you had to click X to open up the menu because the C gear is what's always on the bottom screen. I'd rather have the menu always be on the bottom screen like in HG/SS.
If you leave it on the PSS page that shows people on or the Effort-o-Meter then yes, as I said, the menu is on the bottom screen at the bottom of the app's page:
june_new_p2_01.jpg

august_p11_09.jpg

See? The menu's right there! Each icon corresponds to a menu item. Not all pages have that, though, but you can just leave it on one of the pages that do.

Can you RNG this Giratina? Perhaps I might travel to a store if so.

As far as I'm aware, yes. It's possible to RNG any Wondercard Pokemon. Just that, it's really difficult to set up.

EDIT: I should probably add in that if the IVs are already set, then you probably can't.

-Horizon-

Irrelevant. We're talking about XY here.

If you leave it on the PSS page that shows people on or the Effort-o-Meter then yes, as I said, the menu is on the bottom screen at the bottom of the app's page:
june_new_p2_01.jpg

august_p11_09.jpg

See? The menu's right there! Each icon corresponds to a menu item. Not all pages have that, though, but you can just leave it on one of the pages that do.

Ok my bad for being unclear. I was saying I wanted the menu to always be on the touch screen like in HG/SS because Gen 5 thought it was a good idea to replace it with the C-gear. I wasn't talking about the application for X/Y (I didn't even know there were apps for it other than Amie lol) but the apps like the C-gear and Poketch in previous gens.

But it's good to see that the menu is always on the bottom screen, kind of.

Caladrius

As far as I'm aware, yes. It's possible to RNG any Wondercard Pokemon. Just that, it's really difficult to set up.

EDIT: I should probably add in that if the IVs are already set, then you probably can't.

Regular wonder card poke,on are easy, it's shinies that are tricky.

Also I'm waiting until saturday to get more kawaii ribbons.
Dunsparce is the most kawaii of all pokemon.Ya'll better recognize.

Regular wonder card poke,on are easy, it's shinies that are tricky.

Also I'm waiting until saturday to get more kawaii ribbons.
Dunsparce is the most kawaii of all pokemon.Ya'll better recognize.

Still haven't found my seed yet. Frustrating because I'm still sitting on Shiny Dialga.

Though, the logic behind a Tsuchinoko being Fairy-type astounds me. I suppose you could say that the Youkai in Japan are equivalent to Fairies in Europe.

Zeroth

Still haven't found my seed yet. Frustrating because I'm still sitting on Shiny Dialga.

Though, the logic behind a Tsuchinoko being Fairy-type astounds me. I suppose you could say that the Youkai in Japan are equivalent to Fairies in Europe.

If you are willing to wait until Friday, I could help you set up a RNG test to find your seed.

Ok my bad for being unclear. I was saying I wanted the menu to always be on the touch screen like in HG/SS because Gen 5 thought it was a good idea to replace it with the C-gear. I wasn't talking about the application for X/Y (I didn't even know there were apps for it other than Amie lol) but the apps like the C-gear and Poketch in previous gens.

But it's good to see that the menu is always on the bottom screen, kind of.
Yeah, the C-Gear was awful. Such a waste. I usually just used the Poketch as a clock so I guess I could say that was also a waste.

Sometimes I wish there was an option in a Pokémon game to disable the bottom screen and play it in single-screen mode. (By disable, I mean "make it blank and turn off the backlight" disable.)

The main reason I really liked the bottom screen in HgSs was because you could effectively play the game with your left hand on the dpad and your right hand holding the stylus, since the bottom screen had a button specifically for interacting. The buttons specifically for key items were really useful, too, and it's a shame that XY probably won't even have that sort of menu bottom screen even as an option...

Boogiepop

I already asked, but I guess it can't hurt to try one more time: did anyone get an extra shiny Palkia they'd be willing to trade? I kind of got screwed on picking it up. I have doubles of a decent number of events (pretty much if it had an easy US distribution for gen IV or V by the time remakes/"third versions" came out, I probably have two of them). I'd really, really like to fill in this gap if at all possible.

Caladrius

I already asked, but I guess it can't hurt to try one more time: did anyone get an extra shiny Palkia they'd be willing to trade? I kind of got screwed on picking it up. I have doubles of a decent number of events (pretty much if it had an easy US distribution for gen IV or V by the time remakes/"third versions" came out, I probably have two of them). I'd really, really like to fill in this gap if at all possible.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare keldeo or jirachi, would you?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I was playing GW2 that I forgot it's already past 12AM!

MOON FAIRY POWER! MAKE UP!

Now I am Ribbon Tyrantrum!

I think I'll keep this until up to release.

Caladrius

I do in fact seem to have an extra of the gamestop Jirachi! Keldeo unfortunately came out just before the release of B/W2, so I still only have one of those.

Ah, wonderful. I'll send you a PM containing my friend code and as soon as you send me yours we can trade. (Never actually made a wifi trade before. forgive me for having to ask but do you need both the 3DS's friend code and the pokemon friend code or just the pokemon one?)

Boogiepop

Ah, wonderful. I'll send you a PM containing my friend code and as soon as you send me yours we can trade. (Never actually made a wifi trade before. forgive me for having to ask but do you need both the 3DS's friend code and the pokemon friend code or just the pokemon one?)

Just the Pokemon one should be fine.

Boogiepop

Thanks man!

Firestorm

The issue with the C-Gear for me was that it didn't really work if you had the system on sleep =/ Can't wait for X & Y so that all the local wireless stuff is actually useful! I think I've only used a Pass Power in Black 2 once -.-

Emitan

The issue with the C-Gear for me was that it didn't really work if you had the system on sleep =/ Can't wait for X & Y so that all the local wireless stuff is actually useful! I think I've only used a Pass Power in Black 2 once -.-

The C-Gear was awful because I have no one to play locally with and I had a completely useless app taking up the bottom screen. Also I play it on my DS Lite most of the time which means I can't access online features. Completely worthless.

zroid

Banned
I'm so stupid, I totally forgot about the 3DS IR port... lol

I was only thinking about the IR port on the cartridges. >-<

...well I'm happy!

DigitalOp

Banned
I never really was a big fan of the C-Gear. Something like the Poketch's Move Tester was much more helpful, even though I didn't need it that often.

The C-Gear was awful because I have no one to play locally with and I had a completely useless app taking up the bottom screen. Also I play it on my DS Lite most of the time which means I can't access online features. Completely worthless.

I liked the little notepad app. Even just the app that showed your current party was more useful than C-Gear.

Im glad majority of the thread agrees! Lol, I thought I was the only one who hated the C-Gear... really dumb choice for the US population.

I could see it working in Japan though.

Don't worry guys, the gen 3 remakes will bring back HGSS's bottom screen!

And following Pokémon!

In the X & Y engine?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!1

0.0!!!!! Oh yes!.......

Booting up my Ruby made me realize I had a deep secret love for Gen 3. I didn't know it at first... but that was a good friggin playthrough.. I remember getting that Ruby version with a guide and playing the living shit out of it when I got home... That was soooo long ago wow...

Seeing my old team got me so pumped to bring them to X&Y!!!

I used to have an irrational hate for Gen 3. IIRC that was because I lost Sapphire somewhere in my house and then I tried to come up with reasons to justify hating Gen 3.

Now I need a Sapphire so I can chain Seviper in Platinum. Yes, I'm going for it the old-fashioned way by utilizing Pokeradar. I'm not using RNG'd Pokemon against casual players at school! That'd be unethical!

EDIT: A store near me, Level Up Games, is doing a midnight release event but I'm just going to download it digitally while at home.

Firestorm

I land in California for that weekend's Pokemon Regional Championship at 11PM on Friday, October 11th. My friend says he's gonna pick me up and we're going to a 24 hour Walmart.

I'm excited. I get to visit an American Walmart!

Top Bottom