• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you all might like this:

tumblr_mnq087AYMN1rkyxtzo1_500.gif

tumblr_mnq087AYMN1rkyxtzo2_500.gif

-Horizon-

No one click those leak threads on the front page, I don't know what's real or not but there are screenshots. Don't take the risk if you don't want to be randomly spoiled if they are real.

Canada gets a Pokemon XY event. Pokemon XY gets leaked before it happens.

Caladrius

I only want to know the final starters, the Z Legendary and if there are megalutions for my favorite pokemon.

Also, there's video. The leak is real. If you haven't already:

GO DARK

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I want to know a) the final forms of the starters, and b) all of the version exclusives. Once I have that, I'm out.

Dr. Buni

There is nothing major in the leak thread yet, but the dude is working on evolving Quilladin, so I advise people to definitely avoid it. I personally don't have such willpower, so whatever.

zroid

Banned
PM me if one or more starter final evos leaked

Please. (._. )

(not the Froakie one from a few days ago though, I saw that)

blamite

Right now I just really want to know which version has the better exclusive Pokemon, I have X preordered now but I'm thinking about switching to Y as I've grown to like Yveltal more and Xerneas less over time. And I can always trade for the normal exclusives, so....

Zeroth

Right now I just really want to know which version has the better exclusive Pokemon, I have X preordered now but I'm thinking about switching to Y as I've grown to like Yveltal more and Xerneas less over time. And I can always trade for the normal exclusives, so....

It will ultimately come down to its legendary, so follow your heart on what cover legendary is better!

subtles

I don't know what I'll do if some of my favorite Pokemon make it into the game again. I always try to finish the game with the newer ones but it's never easy as Arcanine always finds his way home.

MarkusRJR

Could someone explain to me how special/physical stats and attacks worked in games prior to DPPt? I only got into the more competitive aspects in Gen IV, but I want to replay some of the older games to hype me up. I want to have a decent team but I forgot most of the weird differences the older games had.

Ferga

I just want to know all the version exclusive stuff before deciding which game to buy. I can spoil myself that much

Could someone explain to me how special/physical stats and attacks worked in games prior to DPPt? I only got into the more competitive aspects in Gen IV, but I want to replay some of the older games to hype me up. I want to have a decent team but I forgot most of the weird differences the older games had.
It went by type. Too lazy to list out on PS3 keyboard.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Phyical
Normal
Fighting
Flying
Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Poison
Steel

Special
Water
Grass
Fire
Ice
Electric
Psychic
Dragon
Dark

MarkusRJR

It went by type. Too lazy to list out on PS3 keyboard.
Okay I did some googling and found out which types were special and physical, but how do the stats work? Does special account for both defense and attack? Or does normal defense cover both physical and special attacks.

I plan to make my team:
Venesaur
Butterfree
Arcanine
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Slowbro

That was my original team when I played Pokémon Yellow as a kid. So pumped to replay Gen 1. :)

Okay I did some googling and found out which types were special and physical, but how do the stats work? Does special account for both defense and attack? Or does normal defense cover both physical and special attacks.

In Gen I, the "Special" stat covered both Special Attack and Special Defense, yes. Gen II and beyond split the stat into what we have now.

MarkusRJR

Ugh I really with Nintendo/GameFreak put the GB/GBC Pokémon games on the VC. My Game Boy Pocket is so ghetto. It's the first models that didn't have a power indicator. I never know when the thing is going to just die on me. I kind of want to emulate it, but I hate how it scales on my tablet and I'm mostly doing it for nostalgia and it doesn't feel right to emulate it. Plus, holding a tablet for that long is painful.

So while waiting for some more leaks I decided to try and level up some more Pokemon in Heart Gold for the Johto Pokedex.

Suddenly, Pokerus.

At least now I can have an easier time training in Gen 4 if I ever want to for some reason.

Top Bottom