• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The op already states where the line is, no posting anything ,spoiler tag or not,that isn't on the official Pokemon site or other official sources.

See, then today's announcement SHOULD be fine. Since it IS an official announcement. I'm very happy with the rules you mentioned. People that are on blackout from even OFFICIAL rules should stay clear of this thread then.

Zeroth

He's supposed to be an audience surrogate, and when R/G first came out the audience probably consisted of children 6-10. What were you expecting?

Clearly they expect the
internet fabricated
badass Red that kills pokemons just by staring at them with his cold, incisive and bishonen red eyes.

I hate the internet's BADASS RED. He's a normal dude who happens to be really good at Pokemon. The manga Red is one of the best trainers in the world and he's just a really cheerful kid. But no, we need an EDGY, BADASS Red.

Wilbur

Banned
Doesn't matter, Bunnelby is going to be my starter pokemon for the majestic pimpage that follows

Joe/anyone else, there was that mail strike rumour right? Is that being carried through? I can't be fucked to read the news and find out ;_; please come on release pokemon

DaBoss

Doesn't matter, Bunnelby is going to be my starter pokemon for the majestic pimpage that follows

Joe/anyone else, there was that mail strike rumour right? Is that being carried through? I can't be fucked to read the news and find out ;_; please come on release pokemon

I remember reading Joe post that it will be a week after Pokemon releases.

I don't live in the UK, and don't know anything about it and I may have misremembered things, so yea. Sorry if this is wrong.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember reading Joe post that it will be a week after Pokemon releases.

I don't live in the UK, and don't know anything about it and I may have misremembered things, so yea. Sorry if this is wrong.

Ah that's okay, I live here and I'm just a lazy bellend haha. Cheers!

Was hoping GTA:O would tide me over for a while until X comes but I'm getting antsy seeing all the leaks

I'm already picking Squirtle and probably won't start a new character even with Pokebank, so I have to find a different way to acquire (Are these still spoilers?)
Mega Charizard
regardless of which version I pick.

Smiley90

Chespin's final evo leaked and looks like crap?

So much for that surprise... -sigh- guess I need a complete blackout too, nowhere is safe.

Trey

Chespin's final evo leaked and looks like crap?

So much for that surprise... -sigh- guess I need a complete blackout too, nowhere is safe.

All starter evos leaked, and I suspect most of the Pokedex will be known by this time tomorrow.

Smiley90

All starter evos leaked, and I suspect most of the Pokedex will be known by this time tomorrow.

I don't mind if they get leaked somewhere else, in another thread or w/e. Just if people in here go "omg xx looks like crap/looks amazing/is amazing", that's too much.

Trey

I don't mind if they get leaked somewhere else, in another thread or w/e. Just if people in here go "omg xx looks like crap/looks amazing/is amazing", that's too much.

Yeah, I myself try to keep a neutral tone when discussing the leaks in this thread. I know that inflection can give just as much away as the information itself.

Really, best case scenario is to just steer clear of GAF in the interim because the info is being widely discussed.

Zeroth

Well, you know, what looks crap for someone might look cool for another. Perhaps with your expectations low, you will find the final design much better. Or vice-versa.

Toxi

Banned
I got some news from a legitimate source, my uncle works at Gamefreak as part of their Hispanic exchange program and learned all about the new Pokemon games.

MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Froakie evolves into a turtle. I know it's a frog, but frogs are reptiles and turtles are reptiles, so it's all the same thing. It also becomes a ninja with a bandanna that will randomly be one of four colors: Blue, red, orange, and purple. Its typing will be Water/Ninja, and it will be an example of the previously unrevealed Ninja type. Froakie3 has two signature moves: Sushi Katana and Pizza Cutter.

After a rather svelte second evolution, Fennekin3 gains about 400 pounds and becomes a sumo wrestler-themed Fire/Fighting Pokemon. In addition to inheriting the Tepig line's signature move "Heat Crash", it also learns the Fighting move "Hundred Hand Slap," which is a multi-hitting move in which each hit does 5 damage; you can get more hits out if you rapidly press the A button.

Chespin doesn't evolve. It's an experiment with the very first non-evolving starter. To compensate, Chespin's Mega Evolution (Yes, it has a Mega Evolution) will make it become a much better Grass Pokemon like Breloom or Venusaur. Sorry Chespin fans, looks like you're out in the cold. I'll be enjoying my sumo wrestler fox very much, thank you.

*None of the above are actually spoilers.

Zeroth

I got some news from a legitimate source, my uncle works at Gamefreak as part of their Hispanic exchange program and learned all about the new Pokemon games.

MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Froakie evolves into a turtle. I know it's a frog, but frogs are reptiles and turtles are reptiles, so it's all the same thing. It also becomes a ninja with a bandanna that will randomly be one of four colors: Blue, red, orange, and purple. Its typing will be Water/Ninja, and it will be an example of the previously unrevealed Ninja type. Froakie3 has two signature moves: Sushi Katana and Pizza Cutter.

After a rather svelte second evolution, Fennekin3 gains about 400 pounds and becomes a sumo wrestler-themed Fire/Fighting Pokemon. In addition to inheriting the Tepig line's signature move "Heat Crash", it also learns the Fighting move "Hundred Hand Slap," which is a multi-hitting move in which each hit does 5 damage; you can get more hits out if you rapidly press the A button.

Chespin doesn't evolve. It's an experiment with the very first non-evolving starter. To compensate, Chespin's Mega Evolution (Yes, it has a Mega Evolution) will make it become a much better Grass Pokemon like Breloom or Venusaur. Sorry Chespin fans, looks like you're out in the cold. I'll be enjoying my sumo wrestler fox very much, thank you.

Fixed.

Some hardcheese linked me a picture of Chespin's final form without warning as to what it was, so I guess the surprise is ruined now :/

That said, I don't mind it too too much. I'll need to re-think my nickname for it now as my old one isn't really applicable any more...

THESE MIGHT COUNT AS SPOILERS IF YOU'RE PERSNICKETY
Maybe Kellam if it's male and Vi if it's female.

zroid

Banned
I think I might have changed teams just now, as painful as it is to admit it.

Chespin will always be the most adorable little rapscallion of all, though, regardless of its evolutions.

Still undecided which team to defect to, however.

Toxi

Banned

Chespin will always be the most adorable little rapscallion of all, though, regardless of its evolutions.

Go with #teambox. Boxing a starter is the best way to be a cool guy.

ffdgh

I feel the same...

Join the frog.

Smiley90

Go with #teambox. Boxing a starter is the best way to be a cool guy.

I boxed my Samurott very, very late in White 2. I used it as an HM slave for the longest time at that point and realized I was done using HM's. :(

Realtalk: I would be entirely okay with this being Froakie's final evolution:

FroggyG_Alpha.png

He could join Scrafty and Kung Fool Panda in the league of gangster-themed Dark types!

Smiley90

That's nothing close to the real thing btw.

not looks. types. final evo types aren't confirmed yet.

EDIT: I really should just unsub from this thread, that's the 2nd time today. -sigh-

See you guys on the other side.

What? Why? I have no idea what Froakie's final evolution looks like nor do I know its typing outside of the rumoured Dark subtype that's been talked about since early May. I'm as blind as you are, brother.

"Brother?" Only Hulk Hogan fans use that term! FROAKIE'S FINAL FORM IS WATER/FIGHTING CONFIRMED

Top Bottom