• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What? Why? I have no idea what Froakie's final evolution looks like nor do I know its typing outside of the rumoured Dark subtype that's been talked about since early May. I'm as blind as you are, brother.

aaah okay. I thought you came here from the other thread, and because the final evos have been leaked I'm assuming their typing is known, too. Trying to be wary.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently Hot Topic is getting on with the shirts

TeamChespinTShirt.png
TeamFennekinTShirt.png
TeamFroakieTShirt.png

Chespin suffering that dreaded Treecko disease where it gets uglier as it evolves.

You mean manlier. Best Gen VI starter right there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always feels unfair how much they let Charizard get the spotlight over the other two starters. I figured that would change in Origin but not really so far.

DigitalOp

Banned
Gen 6 Starter Lines are better than :

Gen 5
Gen 4
& Meganium. Yes, Just Meganium

Gen 3, Rest of 2, and 1 are safe for now.

---

But uhhh hey PokeGAF! I actually have a couple of questions for yall.

I have a pretty decent grasp of the mechanics and gameplay concepts but I still feel like my playstyle is reminiscent to my younger days. Im trying to boost a little of my gameplay knowledge:

1. Whats your main method to training?

I usually do regular trainer battles as normal. Whenever I get to a gym, I usually try to type-cheese my way through.. (Rock Gym; use to opportunity to level my Water pokemon etc.)
I also struggle battle (Wild PKMN battles with higher levels for more EXP) every once in a while but sometimes that gets aggravating when Im fainting alot..
Am I doing this correctly? I feel like people train way faster and easier with some alternate method...

2. How do you consistently keep your Pokemon up to date?

Tell me if this happens to yall. You start the game, you slowly build your first team of 6. Then you catch more than you carry. You want to use a varied pool of Pokemon but after you start getting comfortable with your main team, the others begin to drag behind... Next thing you know, your xtra pokemon are too under-leveled in the box to go train in the wild... You don't wanna go back to try and get them up to speed... And now all their second stages are popping up wild and you have the baby in the box. Why even try to evolve them yourself when they're right there in front of you now?
Do you all pick a set team and run through the game with it? Or do you use a couple extra and keep them running with the bunch?

3. Why does my Riolu not want to breed with Ditto?

It says they play with other pokemon... I thought Ditto breeds with everything?

Thanks for any replys btw

You guys aren't supposed to even be acknowledging that there are leaks in this thread. That's why these mistakes keep happening.

Stop talking about anything that isn't official.

Always feels unfair how much they let Charizard get the spotlight over the other two starters. I figured that would change in Origin but not really so far.

The greatest Pokémon of all the generations deserves the spotlight.

At least Blastoise showed up, Venusaur was a no show.

zroid

Banned
I'm just going to make a thread exclusively to discuss the leaked starters. For those of us who only wanted to spoil ourselves on that.

zroid

Banned
Reactions in the starter spoiler thread are a lot more balanced than I was expecting. A lot of people even like Chespin3! See, a few of us saying it's bad doesn't really mean much without context. :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Can someone post more clear pictures of fennekin's final evo please? fanart would be good aswell
spoiler them if possible

vareon

With all the leaks running rampant around the internet (and Nintendo sent their ninjas it seems) it looks like I'm going to be in this thread for a long time.

Dr. Buni

Venusaur not appearing in Origins was sad. I would have preferred Red with Blastoise and Green with Venusaur or the reverse.

Shengar

Venusaur not appearing in Origins was sad. I would have preferred Red with Blastoise and Green with Venusaur or the reverse.

Green with Venusaur is probably the oddest pick ever. But they make this as promotional special, hence the Charizard. Though I admit that Red's team is highly unusual there.

Dr. Buni

Green with Venusaur is probably the oddest pick ever. But they make this as promotional special, hence the Charizard. Though I admit that Red's team is highly unusual there.

That is the point. Green is usually portrayed with a Blastoise in fan arts etc (even his anime counterpart, Gary, has one), so it would be nice to see him Venusaur instead.

I understand why they chose to use Charizard and Blastoise in the special though.

Shengar

That is the point. Green is usually portrayed with a Blastoise in fan arts etc (even his anime counterpart, Gary, has one), so it would be nice to see him Venusaur instead.

I understand why they chose to use Charizard and Blastoise in the special though.

Yeah, Grass starters are usually the least favorite in the fandom. They clearly need some love.

trixx

do you guys do trades on this community page? I have a shiny bagon level 1 from black tower looking for a shiny dratini. I don't know if i should just wait to tranfer it to my x version because i don't want any fakes

ash_ag

Origins stuff:

At least Blastoise showed up, Venusaur was a no show.

Well, teeeeechnically it appeared on one of the frames in Hall of Fame. :D But yeah, I think that it's a bit fitting considering Leaf got a no-show as well. I wonder if (some) Sevii adventures can be attributed to Leaf at this point. If I understood it right, they picked Victory Road, rather than Mt. Ember, for Moltres's place.

Anyway, Origins was all I could ever hope for. The different approaches of the four different directors added a lot to its impact for me. Incredibly fulfilling.

Shengar

Origins stuff:

Well, teeeeechnically it appeared on one of the frames in Hall of Fame. :D But yeah, I think that it's a bit fitting considering Leaf got a no-show as well. I wonder if (some) Sevii adventures can be attributed to Leaf at this point. If I understood it right, they picked Victory Road, rather than Mt. Ember, for Moltres's place.

Anyway, Origins was all I could ever hope for. The different approaches of the four different directors added a lot to its impact for me. Incredibly fulfilling.

What I like from Origins is how they handle the battle. Quick paced with a lot of contact and both Pokemon moved at the same time (don't know about the current anime though since I only watched the first season). Little touch like make the Pokemon cry different is very good also. They being loyal to the source material is good, but things like HP bar is dumb.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
God I hate Sky Pillar.

Also Origins is good but people like to say it as though it's a godsend. It has good music, they got some characters good, and the battles (save for a few) are great. But man, the artstyle of the humans are bad (hah, K-On! Red, but still better than the shit in pixiv), the obvious pandering is there (no, not "genwunner" pandering, it's very specific that even some gen 1 fans dislike), and the pacing is bad, like Korra bad.

Top Bottom