• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

qq more

Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an moebender named qq more. And although his moebending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe qq moe can save the world
How does moebending work?

How does moebending work?

Moebending is the art of bending the moe within one's body. It is a highly dangerous technique; if one's own moe is impure and therefore bendable, the practitioner's reputation will be consequently destroyed.

EDIT:
In other news, does anyone remember this?
i2PFnS9.jpg

Dr. Buni

Does anyone else here play mostly the main story/quest and post game stuff, without touching in the competitive side of the games?

They'd probably make a goddamn barbecue Pokemon though...

So, a Water/Fire pistol shrimp that can barbie itself?

wait

On an unrelated note, just in case it ends up being a thing, I tried making a concept for Mega Scizor. There has to be one. There just has to be.

7txsIpk.png

Like I said in the leaks thread (yes i don't care about spoilers, big whoop, want to fight about it?), I tried playing up the fire ant / mantis characteristics. Fire ant gives it candy red spikes errywhere, mantis elongated the hell out of the features, notably the claws. The wings can't move other than mild rotations, but Mega Scizor relies on its incredibly high speed to pick up air currents with them for both gliding and making deadly precise, acrobatic attacks. The delicate membranes of the wing also allow it to detect Bug-type Pokemon well beyond eyesight and earshot and hunt them down for duels. The bright red patterns are meant to intimidate weaker Pokemon and aggravate rivals, such as Scyther.

ash_ag

Moebending is the art of bending the moe within one's body. It is a highly dangerous technique; if one's own moe is impure and therefore bendable, the practitioner's reputation will be consequently destroyed.

EDIT:

Wow, I actually knew someone who used his Master Ball on a Fearow. I wonder if he read the guide.

And now I get one more Pokémon spoiled for me. Some people just like to be walking spoilers.

I'm not even sure what to think about it at this point.

Huh? Mega Scizor isn't confirmed. I just doodled a what-if and likewise posted it in the leak thread to pass the time between new news. I didn't mean I literally didn't care about spoiling you guys.

Refyref

Watched Pokemon: The Origin today. That was very good, and much more faithful than I expected. Made me even more hyped for X/Y. It was hurt a bit by only being an hour and a half, would have probably worked better as a full series.

Now, can I please have ones for the sequels?

Growlie19

Word of warning! If you're a Destructoid reader that doesn't want to be spoiled, whitelist them. They not only spoiled a Kalos Pokémon, but also the starter final evos. You don't know how annoyed I am at this. :mad:

DaBoss

Word of warning! If you're a Destructoid reader that doesn't want to be spoiled, whitelist them. They not only spoiled a Kalos Pokémon, but also the starter final evos. You don't know how annoyed I am at this. :mad:

You mean blacklist. :p

And just looked at the main site, there is a Slowpoke image now with the starter final forms in the article. Were they stupid and put the actual final forms as the feature picture thumbnail?

And just looked at the main site, there is a Slowpoke image now with the starter final forms in the article. Were they stupid and put the actual final forms as the feature picture thumbnail?

They still have a leaked image of a certain unannounced Kalos Pokémon up. They need to take that down if they're not allowed to mention it.

Growlie19

Oops, still have my mind on fifth gen. And yes, the evos were the thumbnail. You'd think they'd be smart enough to put Slowpoke up in the first place.

Prozel

Bought a 3DS XL with Black 2 in prepation to X/Y but wow, the pacing is horribly slow. I really don't feel like grinding, everything is so slow. Really hope i get used to it.

Caladrius

Bought a 3DS XL with Black 2 in prepation to X/Y but wow, the pacing is horribly slow. I really don't feel like grinding, everything is so slow. Really hope i get used to it.

It picks up considerably about halfway through.

When you get the lucky egg after gym 5 there'll be zero grinding as long as you can shuffle the egg between pokemon efficiently. Was the first time I raised a team of 6 in a pokemon game.
Tip: Pick up a Magnemite. Great against most of the Gyms and can be fully evolved almost immediately after gym 5.

DigitalOp

Banned

When you get the lucky egg after gym 5 there'll be zero grinding as long as you can shuffle the egg between pokemon efficiently. Was the first time I raised a team of 6 in a pokemon game.
Tip: Pick up a Magnemite. Great against most of the Gyms and can be fully evolved almost immediately after gym 5.

Everything I've seen from BW2 makes it seem like XY-Lite...

I want it so bad.... BW goes from snore bore to exciting and back again... No consistancy with me.

qq more

Wait what.
A week before Brawl came out, the full roster was leaked. At the time I didn't care for spoilers and read up everything about the game... but now I wished I haven't done that. It was so much more fun not being spoiled on the full roster. I'm going to avoid as much as possible when Smash Bros 4 leaks whenever it's close to release. (I swear, this game better have a world wide release...)

Prozel

Sounds good. I already caught a Psyduck and since Magnemite do contribute a lot I might as well get it. Really love seeing so many original pokemons from the get go.

Caladrius

Everything I've seen from BW2 makes it seem like XY-Lite...

I want it so bad.... BW goes from snore bore to exciting and back again... No consistancy with me.

I think the increased pokemon variety and drastically different early game made it play much better than its predecessors. As much as I rag on B2W2 for its weird design decisions (no breeding or version mascot until the post game, hidden grottos) it did have a lot of genuinely good ideas, and it heartens me that they seem to have followed through with the best ones for a mainline title.

A week before Brawl came out, the full roster was leaked. At the time I didn't care for spoilers and read up everything about the game... but now I wished I haven't done that. It was so much more fun not being spoiled on the full roster. I'm going to avoid as much as possible when Smash Bros 4 leaks whenever it's close to release. (I swear, this game better have a world wide release...)

I thought you meant that smash leaks were imminent.

Caladrius

Sounds good. I already caught a Psyduck and since Magnemite do contribute a lot I might as well get it. Really love seeing so many original pokemons from the get go.

X and Y's regional pokedex will have several hundred older pokemon available, they show up immediately and there's a very steady flow of them throughout the game.

Weren't Hidden Grottos in Black?

Nope. The only way to get pokemon with hidden abilities was through the dreamworld. (Let that RIP in pieces, by the way.)

X and Y's regional pokedex will have several hundred older pokemon available, they show up immediately and there's a very steady flow of them throughout the game.

Nope. The only way to get pokemon with hidden abilities was through the dreamworld. (Let that RIP in pieces, by the way.)

Funny how it made female DW Pokémon more valuable than their male counterparts. Still, finding myself a female Vulpix and Poliwag made me really happy.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can't stay away from this thread, too much hype. This is gonna bite me in the ass, but.ll w/e.

Is it had that I haven't used the dream world a single time? Am I missing out on anything if I don't care about ability/Iv breeding?

Emitan

EDIT:

Oak would never lie. He's the genius of Indigo!

Top Bottom