• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

It is the sequel of DBZ, which isn't nearly as bad as people claim it to be. :p
Sequel to DBZ?

nmcnxaV.gif

DigitalOp

Banned
DBZ ended with the end of the Cell Games. Nothing else came after it, only fanfiction.

Lol pretty much

Hey, does anyone wanna trade 3DS Friend Codes? My friends list is pretty bare and Im sure well all be trading and battling in here.

Online feature in X&Y look like a godsend for the series

FC: 1693 1651 3115

I think it would be a good time for us to start exchanging FCs in preparation for Pokémon X and Y's global release.

Here's mine: 3437-3170-2657 (edited). I'll try to add everyone here, though anyone that hasn't added my FC for a while will be removed after I go through a pass when most people have already exchanged theirs.

Growlie19

I think it would be a good time for us to start exchanging FCs in preparation for Pokémon X and Y's global release.

Here's mine: 0906-0715-3947. I'll try to add everyone here, though anyone that hasn't added my FC for a while will be removed after I go through a pass when most people have already exchanged theirs.

Good idea. Here's mine: 0473-8103-8668. You might see me on Mario Kart occasionally. I'll add everyone else that's posted so far.

My 3DS says your FC isn't valid, Noivern. You're sure that's right?

DigitalOp

Banned
FC: 2878 9588 3067

I've added you Digital. If you add me, PM me with your code or just tell me here.

Here's mine: 0906-0715-3947. I'll try to add everyone here, though anyone that hasn't added my FC for a while will be removed after I go through a pass when most people have already exchanged theirs.

Good idea. Here's mine: 0473-8103-8668. You might see me on Mario Kart occasionally. I'll add everyone else that's posted so far.

Added. I'm 1676-3679-7062

Everyone quoted is added! Thanks guys!!! 6 more days!!!!

Hey Noivern, I get an error with your FC as well. A digit may be off or so.

Everyone quoted is added! Thanks guys!!! 6 more days!!!!

Hey Noivern, I get an error with your FC as well. A digit may be off or so.

Yikes! That was my White 2 FC!

This one's the real one. 3437-3170-2657

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I already finished the Dark Phoenix Saga arc of X-Men TAS but I don't think the remaining eps can carry me through 7 day :(

Soodanim

Sorry to interrupt the FC exchange (which I can't be a part of until I actually get a 3DS), but I'd like to take a moment to voice my displeasure after using 50 dusk balls, 5 timer balls, and a bunch of ultra balls on a lv65 Metang that decided it would be quicker for him to struggle himself to death and wait for resurrection in another life, grow to 65 again, then find a patch of long grass to roam than wait for the RNG to let me to catch him.

Fuck you, catch rate of 3.

Quick unrelated thought edit:
Does anyone plan on starting again twice and using Bank to its full potential to get all three starters and all three Kanto starters? Or should the question be does anyone not plan on doing it?

Does anyone plan on starting again twice and using Bank to its full potential to get all three starters and all three Kanto starters? Or should the question be does anyone not plan on doing it?
Will wait until we all have Dittos and then trade with other GAFfers. Will be able to keep all my progress and get the all starters.

Soodanim

Will wait until we all have Dittos and then trade with other GAFfers. Will be able to keep all my progress and get the all starters.

That makes a lot of sense. I don't think my mind has adjusted to the idea of trading yet, seeing as I haven't done it since the RBY trade cloning days.

DigitalOp

Banned

pfft dittos. i'm restarting till i get a female starter!

Yeah, Im tryna ditto it up. But if I get a female Froakie, I'm in there!

I have the previous starters just waiting on Pearl. I got a nice stockpile of babies.
So I can grab me some when the Bank opens up.

Depends on how Im feeling, I might do a replay of X&Y...

But Im really NOT digging the fact we may have to lose our Megastones....

zroid

Banned
yea we'll just have to rely on PokéGAF for shuttling our mega stones between playthroughs.

hopefully online trading is fast

Wichu

So I found a shiny Abra yesterday while journeying towards the third Gym in Pearl. You can guess what happened.

And a few minutes later, a shiny Geodude. I tried to weaken it a bit, but I forgot about that move it learns at level 18.

At least I managed to snag a shiny Kricketune and another shiny Geodude without it blowing up in my face. Go go Shenlon the Lucky Cleffa (shinies find him irresistible).

Caladrius

So I found a shiny Abra yesterday while journeying towards the third Gym in Pearl. You can guess what happened.

And a few minutes later, a shiny Geodude. I tried to weaken it a bit, but I forgot about that move it learns at level 18.

At least I managed to snag a shiny Kricketune and another shiny Geodude without it blowing up in my face. Go go Shenlon the Lucky Cleffa (shinies find him irresistible).

How did you encounter 3 shinies in the space of one gym!?

Bloody hell and I thought I was lucky finding three shinies in one game. Well not sure if Abra and Geodude are lucky or unlucky :p.

Will probably end up trading my Mewtwo mega stone to get both Charizards. Unless there's other exclusives.

Growlie19

Congrats to the absurd luck, Wichu! The closest I've got is a shiny Minccino and Bouffalant within 12 hours. Wait, Cleffa can get Cute Charm. Maybe the Cute Charm glitch is working for you?

-Horizon-

OMG 1 week to go!

I think liking Dragon Ball and thinking things are too ridiculous to be considered "real" are two mutually exclusive concepts.

It's absolutely all-or-nothing.

Ehhh, the moment they showed grown up Gohan and his superhero outfit I was lost. The Buu saga was just out there.

The Cell Games is the only part of the manga that I don't like.

Might I ask why? Just asking cuz I'm curious.

pariah164

So, playing through Pokemon Platinum, just catching some mons to round out my dex. Suddenly came across a random Picknicker wanting to battle.

She sends out Piplup.

I am so horribly confused and questioning my life right now.

(Exaggerating, yes, but it seriously floored me.)

-Horizon-

Eh, since every one is posting theirs, here's my FC:
1289-9546-9303

PM me if you do add me :D

So, playing through Pokemon Platinum, just catching some mons to round out my dex. Suddenly came across a random Picknicker wanting to battle.

She sends out Piplup.

Because a random trainer NPC had a starter pokemon as well?

that was a really fun arc, though

I call high school shenanigans.

MikeMyers

Might I ask why? Just asking cuz I'm curious.

Because the entire thing was just a mess, the manga was already in decline (IMO) since Goku landed on Namek, but the Cell Games just takes the biscuit.

Goku's fight in the anime is well-animated, but nothing noticeable in the manga outside the Warp Kamehameha gimmick.

Then the Gohan fight was just ridiculous. Apparently he doesn't want to fight Cell, but he was willing to fight on Namek and was saying throughout the entire Android/Cell arc that he wanted to fight. All of his character development is regressed because of this fight.

Finally when Gohan goes SSJ2 and the fight begins, its boring because there's a lack of struggle in the Kamehameha duel. The whole thing is SSJ2 Gohan beating down on him, and then becoming a cry-baby the instant Cell gets the upper hand again. Which leads to Goku having to hold Gohan's for the right of the fight until Cell dies. Thus proving that Gohan can't be a hero because he's worthless unless someone holds his hand.

Derwind

Eh, since every one is posting theirs, here's my FC:
1289-9546-9303

PM me if you do add me :D

Because a random trainer NPC had a starter pokemon as well?

I call high school shenanigans.

Isn't piplup 4th gen? In a second gen game? Maybe I'm misinterpreting yours and the person you quoted posts.

If so, ignore me. I'll just sit quitely in shame in the corner. :(

Growlie19

She sends out Piplup.

Yeah, NPC Trainers can have starters in Kanto, Johto (though in this case, it's still Kanto starters), and Sinnoh. In 4th gen, it's so that you can see everything in the dex to unlock the national dex.

Top Bottom