• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ohhhhhhhh....mind blown....

I'm guessing Pallet Town is a play on the word 'palette'?

jJi3Li3.gif

Zeroth

Moebending is the art of bending the moe within one's body. It is a highly dangerous technique; if one's own moe is impure and therefore bendable, the practitioner's reputation will be consequently destroyed.

EDIT:
In other news, does anyone remember this?

By remember, are you implying they aren't fake? Because they really feel like it.

EDIT: For example, Bill's Hidden Garden is a thing that came up years after the games were released, there's no way it was written during its release.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
By remember, are you implying they aren't fake? Because they really feel like it.

EDIT: For example, Bill's Hidden Garden is a thing that came up years after the games were released, there's no way it was written during its release.

"Press x and y buttons during z to achieve higher capture rate" was basically a religion back in the day. Many fights were had over what was right and wrong.

Zeroth

"Press x and y buttons during z to achieve higher capture rate" was basically a religion back in the day. Many fights were had over what was right and wrong.

Yes, there are certain mythos that remain to this day (for example, pressing A to capture a pokemon, which I do out of habit). My point is just that although the idea of visiting Bill House's back garden has been present since the beginning, using a particular term for it and specifically mention it in a trollish way seems more on par with the fandom of nowadays than something you would find written in a magazine back in the day.

Growlie19

My modern-day version of that is to flick the touch screen Poké Ball every time the ball on screen would shake. I know it doesn't work, but I do it out of habit.

Caladrius

Not pink? :p I prefer normal Giratina. Rayquaza for best shiny.

It's a disguise to throw off the incoming fairy horde.

I wish there were multiple shiny variants for each pokemon, Maybe 1 or 2 semi-rare variants (1/50, let's say) and a third about as rare as the originals.

zroid

Banned
It's a disguise to throw off the incoming fairy horde.

I wish there were multiple shiny variants for each pokemon, Maybe 1 or 2 semi-rare variants (1/50, let's say) and a third about as rare as the originals.

Every Pokémon should have a Polka Dot variant with 0.5% rarity

Got plenty of different Spinda for ya polka dot needs.

Really, the idea of a pokemon with a crapton of different pattern variances was such a great idea, yet I still think Spinda is a pretty lame pokemon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Warning to everyone: there's a mega pokemon spoiler/leak on the front page of reddit/r/all. So avoid reddit in the future too, I suppose. The title contains the spoiler and because it's r/all, it doesn't get spoiler-tagged.

:(

I'm trying to imagine that but for right now I think yellow works

And aww the Giratina in my Black version has a lonely nature, I should go hug it :3
I thought it was kinda cute in Soul Silver when I got a Lv.1 Giratina, when it follows you it would say things like it's rolling in the grass or has rosy cheeks :p.

DigitalOp

Banned
Taking on B/W 6th Gym, Flying...

Tynamo Lvl 30
Joltik Lvl 30
Krokorok Lvl 35
Pignite Lvl 33 (such a regret)
Darumaka Lvl 33
Simisage Lvl 33

Im feeling like a fight is coming up....

DigitalOp

Banned
Nvm. Joltik and Tynamo ate the Swoobat and Pheasant up for lunch....

Swanna knocked their ass out though but I revived Joltik to finish the job.

Aerial Ace knocked the fuck out of Pignite though... his ass went to sleep beddy bye bye.

Why would it? People don't usually use U-Turn to do damage anyway.

Yeah. Switch advantage is really powerful. Volt Switch is just as strong but Ground types are immune to it. Nothing is immune to Bug. Gamefreak probably assumed that if they made the damage less desirable, people would use it less.

TrickRoom

Just saw Pokemon Origins.

It was kinda squished together, but they spent their time well. I cannot not think of a better way to fill the time that they were alotted. Not to mention I was surprised at some of the world-building they did, especially the kind that was handled different from the anime. I was nearly crying with joy by the end of the mewtwo scene.

pariah164

Just saw Pokemon Origins.

It was kinda squished together, but they spent their time well. I cannot not think of a better way to fill the time that they were alotted. Not to mention I was surprised at some of the world-building they did, especially the kind that was handled different from the anime. I was nearly crying with joy by the end of the mewtwo scene.
Further proof Red is a baller.
Catching Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball.

MarkusRJR

Slowly trying to understand the more complex parts of Pokémon. Currently playing through HeartGold for the first time and making a team to train through the story (not competitively).

What would be a better nature for a Nidoking, serious (no effect), or modest (lower attack, raise sp. attack)?

Wichu

Slowly trying to understand the more complex parts of Pokémon. Currently playing through HeartGold for the first time and making a team to train through the story (not competitively).

What would be a better nature for a Nidoking, serious (no effect), or modest (lower attack, raise sp. attack)?

Depends on what kind of moves you want to teach it. If was in B2/W2 and had Sheer Force, then Modest all the way, but in HG...

Compare the actual stat values and see which one is better overall is my advice (make sure they're the same level before you do though).

Skelter

Banned
So is there anyone still playing Pokémon Black or White? I'd really like to grab all the available starters minus Gen V ones. Someone wanna help me out?

Derwind

Arcanine being one of my favourite pokemon in existence and a constant staple on all my teams, I want to see a mega evolution for it soooooooo bad.

Growlie19

So is there anyone still playing Pokémon Black or White? I'd really like to grab all the available starters minus Gen V ones. Someone wanna help me out?

I've got every starter on me right now on Black 2. Just tell me what you need and I'll breed it for you.

Top Bottom