• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

Isn't piplup 4th gen? In a second gen game? Maybe I'm misinterpreting yours and the person you quoted posts.

If so, ignore me. I'll just sit quitely in shame in the corner. :(

Platinum is a 4th gen game :D
Though if you haven't played much of gen 4, there is nothing to be ashamed about lol.
Go play Platinum and HG/SS if you haven't, they're pretty good

I'm guessing they were just surprised to see some one else have a starter pokemon other than themselves and the rival character.

Derwind

Platinum is a 4th gen game :D
Though if you haven't played much of gen 4, there is nothing to be ashamed about lol.
Go play Platinum and HG/SS if you haven't, they're pretty good

I'm guessing they were just surprised to see some one else have a starter pokemon other than themselves and the rival character.

Sorry I mistook it for crystal. :(

But honestly crystal is more of a gem, like diamond/pearl, whereas platnium is more of a metal like gold/silver... so shit is confusing

Also totally forgot about remakes. Ignore me lol.

I played all gens tho. I have the original gold and the remake of SS. (Flexs muscles)

Aggrotek

Why the hell is there another thread about how many pokemon are in the game?! Isn't that a topic for the spoiler thread?

:mad:

-Horizon-

Anyone? I keep getting connection error, I just want to know :/

Since you asked, I just now tried getting on GTS on Black 2 version. It worked fine, I searched for a couple of pokemon and it still worked.

Edit: wait, is there a difference between GTS and global link? I thought global link was the online dream world and stuff.

Wichu

How did you encounter 3 shinies in the space of one gym!?

I made the save file to test out an interesting bug I'd heard about. I kept it because it worked :p

As long as I keep my Cleffa in the lead spot of my party, my shiny encounter goes up to roughly 21% (caveats apply, as usual). I've encountered three shiny Bibarel back-to-back before.

I wish I had a spare copy of HeartGold/SoulSilver, though; Pearl is so dated compared to those. Plus HG/SS have a better Pokémon selection.

Gattuso

Thought this was pretty cool. I wasn't expecting to see something like this parked just a few minutes away from where I live.
iT05WPWCIVfju.jpg

I have added everyone that has shared their 3DS friend codes recently in this thread and via private messages. This pretty much leaves only PK Gaming and Horizon as provisional friends, if I didn't miss anyone.

DigitalOp

Banned
Here's my FC. :p 0662 3150 5216

PM me if you add me

FC: 5069 - 4064 - 3310

Eh, since every one is posting theirs, here's my FC:
1289-9546-9303

PM me if you do add me :D

Because a random trainer NPC had a starter pokemon as well?

I call high school shenanigans.

I have added everyone that has shared their 3DS friend codes recently in this thread and via private messages. This pretty much leaves only PK Gaming and Horizon as provisional friends, if I didn't miss anyone.

I still have you guys all listed under Provisionally registered friends. Do I have to re-add your code or anything?

Korosenai

My 3ds fc is 5155-3032-4812.

Im not home right now, but if you add me just pm me so i know. Ill go through the thread later and and some people.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hope the GTS is finally less of a dump. The impossible trades dominating the listings for 4 games in a row is inexcusable.

Slermy

Why the hell is there another thread about how many pokemon are in the game?! Isn't that a topic for the spoiler thread?

:mad:

Wow, good thing I went straight to my subscribed threads this afternoon. I'll stay away from the general Gaming section until I have my copy in hand.

The only shinies I've ever found were Voltorb and Grimer in FRLG. fml

That's better luck than I've had. I probably average 90 hours a game, and excluding gen I, played: Emerald, FireRed, XD (twice), Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, White and Black2.

Plus a smattering of Sapphire, Pearl, and Black.

I've only ever seen two shinys:

Shiny Gyarados from the story, and...
Shiny Eevee... which I abused the RNG to get.

Slermy

So I'm going through and consolidating all of my scattered pokémon into Black 2 to see how close I am to "catching them all" and while in SoulSilver I have a Wailord following me. It's pretty hilarious.

Oh how I wish they'd bring the following feature back. :(

Tusk

So I'm going through and consolidating all of my scattered pokémon into Black 2 to see how close I am to "catching them all" and while in SoulSilver I have a Wailord following me. It's pretty hilarious.

Oh how I wish they'd bring the following feature back. :(

I personally would've rather had pokemon following than riding. :p
Ah well, maybe next gen we'll get 'em back.
which is another 3-4 years...

I think this gen was just a sort of.. test gen. xD Y'know, like test out Fairy type, the new features they added, and the 3D. Once the 3rd/sequel to these games comes out, they'll have stuff worked out for 7th gen.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have to admit, this picture made me laugh a bit.

this-looks-bad_o_2286981.webp

Oh the horror if that ever happened.

Top Bottom