• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bear with me peoples, I'm a Canucking Canuck, so I need something cleared up for me.

Are the stores closed this weekend or can I pick up my game saturday morning?

I'm scared guys. I don't want to have to pick it up tuesday.

;_; I'm so cold....

Stores are open. EBGAMES even has midnight releases.

Dereck

Where can I find a Thunderstone in X.

Please don't say I can't since there were like
30 Pikachus in that one route past the forest.

DaBoss

e9uefyZ.png

Not like it matters now lol.

Derwind

5 more hours for me before I can pick up my copy of X, I think I'm getting X. I preordered both but put 5 on one and everything but 5 on thr other. I figured I'd choose what I want the day of.

I still don't know but the chariard x exvlusive is tempting and watching pokemon origins movie that revealed charizard x didn't help either.

Damn it, so hard to decide!

Gamble

5 more hours for me before I can pick up my copy of X, I think I'm getting X. I preordered both but put 5 on one and everything but 5 on thr other. I figured I'd choose what I want the day of.

I still don't know but the chariard x exvlusive is tempting and watching pokemon origins movie that revealed charizard x didn't help either.

Damn it, so hard to decide!

I know them feels all too well.....do I want the badass charizard from X or the awesome legendary from Y

Derwind

Going to pick up my game, store opens in 10 mins.

Last night, friend texted me a couple of pictures from the pokemon event Toronto. Wish I could be there.

IMAG0033-1.jpg~320x480

IMAG0036-1.jpg~320x480

Growlie19

Got my copy of Y for myself and X for my little brother. I'm already past the first gym and am loving every minute of this game. Currently using Froakie and Pikachu. My brother has Chespin and Fletchling.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also guys don't forget to pick up your special torchic today.

You have until January 15th to do so... just fyi. :p

I already picked it up though. Won't be using it until much later though. My first run-through will be with Gen VI pokemon only!

Derwind

How do I go about doing that?

What Cheska said;

If the game is on right now, save it, restart it, there should be an option available now under Continue called Mystery Gift, hit it and then click Recieve Gift and the click GET VIA INTERNET.

After that pick up the Torchic at your nearest Pokemon Center.

Oh, ok. I don't have it yet, I'm gonna be picking it up when I go to work in a couple hours. I'll probably have to wait until I get home though, since the wireless at work is terribad.

Can someone explain Super Training to me?

From my response to you in the OT, reposting in case anyone else missed it:

Use it to max out a Pokemon's EV points (base stats). Use it to direct a Pokemon's growth without their base stats being all over the place. Each training regimen boosts a specific base stat. The most basic regimens boost a base stat +4, but if you complete all of them you unlock better regimens that are more challenging but give better stat returns (lv.3 challenges give +12 for example). I'll assume you already know what EV training is - if not a quick google search should explain that better than I can. Basically super training takes the hassle out of EV training by making EVs visible and being accessible from the beginning of the game.

CorvoSol

A FULL HOUR TRYING TO FIND A RIOLU IN THIS RANCH AND MY WEAKEST MON KILLS IT IN A FREAK CRIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

How many virgins does a guy have to sacrifice just to get a goddamn Riolu to appear? One more try and if it don't pop up, screw this. I could've beaten this goddamn gym by now on my own. What kind of encounter rate does this thing have, anyway? -10%?

melos

Looking to get my Kadabra evolved to Alakazam. Anybody willing do a quick back and forth trade with me?

FC: 4511-0485-8473 Jazz

Top Bottom