• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

After playing Pokemon X, I don't think I can ever go back to previous gen games.
6th gen has spoiled me after only a few hours.

R/S 3DS remakes GameFreak, pretty please.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Can someone explain Super Training to me?

An addictive mini-game that may distract you from the main game :p

You do a Star Fox boss fight with your selected Pokemon, gain EVs (+4 for level 1, +8 for level 2, and +12 for level 3) and some punching bags if you did it so fast.

entremet

After playing Pokemon X, I don't think I can ever go back to previous gen games.
6th gen has spoiled me after only a few hours.

R/S 3DS remakes GameFreak, pretty please.

Yep. so many little updates. I still want to complete my National dex on White 2, for my Pokebank, but it will be hard.

zroid

Banned
This is the only safe thread for me, the OT has too many spoilers :(

I have about 7 hours but a lot of that was goofing off in Pokémon-amie and Lumiose City so...

Guys need help
Prof. gave me a Squirtle+mega stone. Did i lose the chance to get the other two stones and for ex. i will not be able to megaevolve my Charizard that i'd love to transfer from White?

PS: Sorry for bad english.

Busaiku

Yeah, you're out of luck unless someone's generous.
You should probably keep game specific questions in the OT since it's more active right now, as well as avoiding spoilers for anyone not getting the games yet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, you're out of luck unless someone's generous.

uh...

Spoiler about... well, his question. Don't click if you don't wanna know the answer to his spoilered question. :D

I picked Charizard and got the corresponding stone, BUT I was offered a blastoisinite (or whatever it's called) in Luminose city. For... 1 million dollars. But it IS in the game. And since I was offered the blastoise stone, I can imagine the Venusaur stone will be available somewhere ingame, too.

Hey , such a nice comunity,

My FC is 4012 3841 4625

PM to add you back

Hope you all enjoy your time in Kalos
and Hoenn

Cool added.

3738 0366 7011

Add me, PokeGAF!

Looking to get my Kadabra evolved to Alakazam. Anybody willing do a quick back and forth trade with me?

FC: 4511-0485-8473 Jazz

Scanned and added you guys :) All of you are showing as provisional, and I've PMed you guys about it. In case you've never seen it, my FC is 3437-3170-2657.

Caladrius

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
I have bad news.

I got ousted by the board of director fairies for financial impropriety and they decided to commence the ribboning without me. BUT STILL: ~Rejoice!~

I can't find any fairy pokemon I want on my team besides Mawile and her Mega-evo isn't available before
the E4
.:(

Finally changed off my qq moe avatar. Anyone want to ribbom this for me? and perhaps make it transparent if possible?

OF COURSE!

2gkd.png
f759.png

I don't like to double-dip, so I typically wait for the third version of these games, Gen V being the exception. Is anyone else passing on X and Y to wait for Z?

Smiley90

Question: I literally JUST found pokemon-amie and super training (why are these so hidden and not-indicated?!)

Does Super Training still limit you to X EV-values across all stats, or can you now max all of them? e.g.... Should I pay attention to what training regiments I do with which pokemon, since I don't want to max out the stats in the wrong area? So should I keep focusing on the TWO stats I want to max out? Feel free to answer in spoiler tags...

EDIT: I should probably post this question in the other thread...

zroid

Banned
anyone know why some Pokémon (like my Flabébé) are getting boosted experience gains for seemingly no reason?

Question: I literally JUST found pokemon-amie and super training (why are these so hidden and not-indicated?!)

Does Super Training still limit you to X EV-values across all stats, or can you now max all of them? e.g.... Should I pay attention to what training regiments I do with which pokemon, since I don't want to max out the stats in the wrong area? So should I keep focusing on the TWO stats I want to max out? Feel free to answer in spoiler tags...

EDIT: I should probably post this question in the other thread...

I'm pretty sure the system itself works the same way as before

anyone know why some Pokémon (like my Flabébé) are getting boosted experience gains for seemingly no reason?

I'm pretty sure the system itself works the same way as before

Have you been playing with your Pokemon in Amie? If you raise the affection levels on your Pokemon, they start inclining their head back towards you for orders, give status messages describing how they feel about a battle and it seems to boost EXP gained too

Was trying to get a shiny starter but decided I can't be arsed with it, started playing this evening and playing with features like Wonder Trade. Managed to bag a Ducklett and Sentret at Level 15 before I even hit route 3 - Got a dwebble at some point and a friend further ahead got a spare evee, so we traded. The online is absolutely amazing this time around, no waiting around, just make the request and your both good to go!

zroid

Banned
Have you been playing with your Pokemon in Amie? If you raise the affection levels on your Pokemon, they start inclining their head back towards you for orders, give status messages describing how they feel about a battle and it seems to boost EXP gained too

hmm... I was mostly just Super Training with Flabebe right now, but I was playing Amie with it earlier. That probably explains it though, I'll keep a closer watch next time. :p

edit: also, tilting their head back in battle sounds nauseatingly adorable. I need to see this.

Anura

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
I have bad news.

I got ousted by the board of director fairies for financial impropriety and they decided to commence the ribboning without me. BUT STILL: ~Rejoice!~

I can't find any fairy pokemon I want on my team besides Mawile and her Mega-evo isn't available before
the E4
.:(

OF COURSE!

2gkd.png
f759.png

Fantastic, thank you.

Also, does anyone want to help me fill up the friend safari? My FC is 0946 2273 7957

Toxi

Banned
It bugs me seeing all the "They're finally changing things" posts in Gaming. It's like people can't see the changes between games unless those changes include switching from sprites to 3D models.

Derwind

It bugs me seeing all the "They're finally changing things" posts in Gaming. It's like people can't see the changes between games unless those changes include switching from sprites to 3D models.

You're right, there always been improvements in every gen, visually and gameplay.

This game is ridiculous though. I'm getting the same feeling I got when I first played my friends pokemon red back in middle school. Thats a big feat for a game to recreate that stimulation and feeling in me.

entremet

How do your teams look like, PokeGAF?

Right now I have:

Braixen
Honeedge
Helioptile
Pancham
Inkay
Floette

Reserves:
Special Event Torchic
Amaura

Not super balanced. Two dark types, but I tend to go with Pokes I like for the story. But man, I love Inkay's typing. I'm sticking with Kalos originals only. I need a Flyer, but I don't know about another fire type. I also need a surfer.

Only two badges so far.

I suppose I should get someone to add my FC onto that spreadsheet.

FC: 3866 - 8751 - 4302

EDIT: PM if you added me. Also can someone point me to where this spreadsheet is?

Derwind

My team so far:
Froakie lvl 31
Charmeleon lvl 26
Meowstic(fav) lvl 30
Skiddo lvl 23
Riolu lvl 27
Fletchinder lvl 27

Likely going to drop Charmeleon from my 1st string team once he evolves, mega evolutiom or no... also Fletchinder will be dropped to second or third string team.

Looking to replace for an ice and fairy type pokemon.

Meowstic is ridiculously awesome.

-Horizon-

My current team:
Delphox lv 41
Blaziken lv 38
Lucario lv 32
Linoone lv 29
Charmeleon lv 33
Fletchinder lv 33

I suppose I should get someone to add my FC onto that spreadsheet.

FC: 3866 - 8751 - 4302

EDIT: PM if you added me. Also can someone point me to where this spreadsheet is?

Its in the OP in the official thread. You have to quote it to see it.

My current team:

Chenaught (Level 40)
Helioptile (Level 37)
Inkay (Level 30)
Hawlucha (Level 35)
Amauta (Level 37)
Diggersby (HM Slave)

Hoping to add a Binacle, and Skrelp into the mix soon :)

I will ask here but anyone reached the Gardevoirite stone yet for trade?

Still trying to understand why my main screen get flooded with a bunch of random people

Final evo starters are safe now.

Being a Chesnaught fan is suffering, so Imma comfort myself with these fanart

This Pokémon seems very underpowered so far (got it up to level 25 or so). Is it getter better once it will evolve again or will it stay this useless? I got it traded (lvl 1) by the way, so could have something to do with that? It just isn't a match for my Froakie, Charmeleon and Wartortle, at all...

Smiley90

Chesnaught really could be a champion level Digimon.

And Hawlucha is trying way too hard to become my favourite Pokémon.

Hawlucha has by far the most amazing animations of all the pokemons I've encountered so far. Hawlucha Aerial Ace looks amazing. :lol

Where can I get one? :(

Top Bottom