• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

qq more

Which route was it on? I gave up trying to find one. Too rare for my tastes.

The route to the right of the first city with the gym. Route 22 or something?

EDIT: WOW. I love how the TM&HM bag straight up shows you what Pokemon in the party can or can't learn whatever TM/HM your cursor is selecting. No need to boot up the TM/HM and waste your time!

I haven't played my Diamond version in a while so I loaded it up and it appears I was smack in the middle of breeding a bunch of Pokemon in order to start a new battle tower team. If memory recalls, I was gonna do a Sandstorm team. Can anyone point out if this team has any glaring weaknesses?

Tyranitar
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 hp / 252 atk / 252 speed
Stealth Rock, Crunch, Rock Slide, Fire Punch

Gliscor
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 hp / 196 s.def / 60 speed
Baton Pass, Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Ariel Ace

Garchomp w/ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 hp / 252 atk / 252 speed
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fire Fang

My idea is to have Tyranitar start things off because of his Sand Stream ability, and I gave him Stealth Rock since he's my opener. After he uses SR I'll just try to sweep with his insane attack power. Gliscor is obviously my baton passer, meant to set up Garchomp who should KO anyone once he gets passed a Rock Polish + Swords Dance. Even if Gliscor gets taken out, a Garchomp with Life Orb and sandstorm coverage should probably be able to take almost anyone out.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The route to the right of the first city with the gym. Route 22 or something?

EDIT: WOW. I love how the TM&HM bag straight up shows you what Pokemon in the party can or can't learn whatever TM/HM your cursor is selecting. No need to boot up the TM/HM and waste your time!

If you select the pokemon, it also greys out all the moves it can't learn. If you want to check all the moves for a specific pokemon. It works both ways. :)

Smiley90

Anyone with Y wanna trade me a skrelp?

I had to sleep but if you're still up for it, I'm still in need of a female skrelp.

@thread; Is there anyone willing to help me out with my skrelp situation?

Alright no worries. :)

@thread; Anyone have a female skrelp they're willing to trade?

Really need a skrelp to complete my team. Anyone willimg to trade?

Just want to put it out there. Looking for a Skrelp, anyone looking to fo a trade? Please let me know.

Look I'm all for looking for someone to trade with, but... do you really need to make the same post so many times on the same page? :/ Just use GTS if you can't find anyone here...

(I have X, and no Skrelp)

Derwind

Look I'm all for looking for someone to trade with, but... do you really need to make the same post so many times on the same page? :/ Just use GTS if you can't find anyone here...

(I have X, and no Skrelp)

*cough* Alright, my apologize. And GTS won't work since I've never encountered an npc skrelp before. Its not on the list.

Neo Child

Banned
bah, i bought pokemon x on friday and just sped through most of the game missing out on a lot of things

i want to restart but ive got about 10 pokemon i'd like to keep since theyre trained and loved and stuff, would anyone be kind enough to keep a hold of them till i manage to restart my game and then trade back?

please please please, you can breed them if you like. i have:

blastoise
blaziken
chenaught
lucario
heliolisk
lapras
malimar
Gabite
Aurorus

it would mean so much to me as ive totally skipped half the game in my excitement )):

Derwind

bah, i bought pokemon x on friday and just sped through most of the game missing out on a lot of things

i want to restart but ive got about 10 pokemon i'd like to keep since theyre trained and loved and stuff, would anyone be kind enough to keep a hold of them till i manage to restart my game and then trade back?

please please please, you can breed them if you like. i have:

blastoise
blaziken
chenaught
lucario
heliolisk
lapras
malimar
Gabite
Aurorus

it would mean so much to me as ive totally skipped half the game in my excitement )):

Sure why not. :)

qq more

At the rate I'm going, I might not beat the elite 4 until the end of the month D:

how far are you?

i usually take my take beating pokemon games for some reason, i usually take a month or two because i just like exploring regions and try out some side stuff or mess around lol

(i miss the game corner. RIP)

-Horizon-

how far are you?

i usually take my take beating pokemon games for some reason, i usually take a month or two because i just like exploring regions and try out some side stuff or mess around lol

(i miss the game corner. RIP)

3 badges. 11 hours. I'm mainly gonna play on the weekends now because of classes ._.

I beat the game in 32 hours...
35+ hours atm, not close to e4... Could get badge 5 but i have lots of things i wanna do first, mainly collecting Pokemon to severely reduce the amount i gotta look for post-game. Took over 20 hours for badge 2 and have had fun the whole time!

Smiley90

Wonder Trading is oddly addictive. I keep trading pokemon and if I don't like them, just send them right ahead. If I like them, send sth else from my box. Keep getting the weirdest stuff. Mostly crap, but just now got a Gurdurr that promptly evolved since it was high-level enough. Free Conkeldurr? I'll take it!

EDIT: Just got a Spritzee, which is a Y-exclusive. And I have X. <3 Wonder Trading!

Firestorm

Haven't really had time to play it this weekend due to hanging out with friends for Regionals. As an update, I got 70th of 220ish players in the TCG on Saturday (only top 64 get prizes ;_;) going 4-3-1 and 15th of 110ish players in the video game on Sunday going 5-2. I won 9 TCG packs for my placement video game and got godly pulls. $75 worth of cards in the nine packs. Also won a booster box in a raffle which I can apparently sell for $90! Overall pretty good.

I'm at the 5th gym with about 15 hours clocked. Really happy I was able to get through a chunk on Thursday and Friday as otherwise I would only be 3 hours in =( I'm enjoying it a decent amount which is not something I could say about any game since Pearl.

Soodanim

Would someone be able to upload an in-game picture of XY on their XL? I'm trying to decide between a 2DS and an XL, and while I'm really tempted by the 2DS I can't remember how games look on the XL's screens, and that's what's holding me back. So if I could see a picture, quite close up, that shows how it looks, then I'll be able to make a decision. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

MegaMelon

wugi.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
dpab.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the way, the first episode is out if you go to the TVT and entered a password.

Holy shit the first episode is leagues better than Black White... and Ash IS NOT NERFED!

ufo0272

Neo Member
Okay, so i cleared the game a while ago, doing post-game stuff.. but am i the only one around here really disapointed about the new pokemon? I dont like the design of most of them and there are only
of them!

Does anyone wish they'd release an anime-style battling game? Not as a mainline title; they sort of pulled off "the power of friendship" with Pokemon-Amie perfectly anyway. I'm talking shonen power levels where you actually control the Pokemon; so, something like a full 3D-movement Smash Bros. but with all Pokemon.

Quest1

Hey guys, I know I'm really late, but add me! I've been sucked in and haven't been on GAF in a few days.

MY FC: 3024-5265-5661

Also, can anyone trade me over any sort of Ditto? Is Ditto in this? I want to breed some of my starters and just send them out for Wonder Trades. I got a Modest Fennekin through Wonder Trade and want to repay the favor.

Hey guys, I know I'm really late, but add me! I've been sucked in and haven't been on GAF in a few days.

MY FC: 3024-5265-5661

Also, can anyone trade me over any sort of Ditto? Is Ditto in this? I want to breed some of my starters and just send them out for Wonder Trades. I got a Modest Fennekin through Wonder Trade and want to repay the favor.

You can catch Ditto in the Pokemon Village it's kind of uncommon though

Does anyone wish they'd release an anime-style battling game? Not as a mainline title; they sort of pulled off "the power of friendship" with Pokemon-Amie perfectly anyway. I'm talking shonen power levels where you actually control the Pokemon; so, something like a full 3D-movement Smash Bros. but with all Pokemon.
Idea's been bandied around for some time, even by me. It'd be pretty neat, but it'd have to be solid as hell to be worth it. Try Pokemon Generations (fan-game) for something like this, it's pretty good for something in alpha.

Smiley90

I should really super-train all my pokemon before they get too many crappy stats. But then I don't really care about competition and haven't paid attention to natures anyway, so... I usually just end up half-assing it for fun :lol

Top Bottom