• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The whole fairy type just being discovered thing doesn't even make sense because the back story of the games talks about fairy types. I think fairy type will end up being retconned into any games that take place before XY.
Didn't stop Magnemite being part Steel in FRLG

blamite

Maybe this is a dumb question: if I just caught a Pokemon, can I know roughly if it has good IV's based only on it's stats and nature, and that little blurb I guess? Like, Pokemon with identical IVs and no EVs should have the same stats if they're at the same level, right?

zroid

Banned
Maybe this is a dub question: if I just caught a Pokemon, can I know roughly if it has good IV's based only on it's stats and nature, and that little blurb I guess? Like, Pokemon with identical IVs and no EVs should have the same stats if they're at the same level, right?

yes you can, and yes

zroid

Banned
Palkia was all like "yo imma make a new type, bro"

And Dialga was like "yeah dude, imma retcon that shit"

And Giratina was just like "w/e"

I have all of the new Pokémon now! Yay! Goodra was the last one I needed since it took forever to find somewhere it was raining.

Now to wait for December when my completed Black 2 Pokédex can finally move into its new home.

Just noticed this today when doing a double battle, and decided to perform a *very* short and limited experiment.

Sent out a Gabite level 45 and an Ampharos level 45 against a couple other guys. In battle one, when the first opponent fainted, Gabite earned ~1900 exp and Mega Ampharos earned less at ~1600 exp. Same with the second opponent, where Mega Ampharos earned less than my Gabite.

Reloaded the game from before the battle, and chose not to make Ampharos mega. They both earned the same amount of exp from downing both enemies.

Both Gabite and Ampharos were the same level, same affection level (max). Only differing factor was that Ampharos was mega while Gabite was not.

Anything else to suggest this is the case?

ufo0272

Neo Member
I was thinking about this all day while in ethics class for some reason

If GF where to make a RSE remake, how would they tie in mega evolutions into it?

Mega evos was discovered in XY time period

If going by the timeline

RBGY/RSE -> GSC/DPPt - >BWBW2 -> XY?

so if there are mega evos in RSEremakes, how would they explain it

In pokemon origins their were
mega evolutions too
, explain that :p

cafemomo

In pokemon origins their were
mega evolutions too
, explain that :p

Didn't see that. tbh, not really into the animated series. If at all. I've seen like three episodes (s.s anne, gym fight against sabrina (or was it Koga) & gym fight with flannery)

I did hear origins was bretty gud, but from what I gather it's just genwunner fap fuel material

but I'll give it a shot one day

Boss Doggie

Wow, right off the bat the first two eps of the anime are higher quality than BW's.

Didn't see that. tbh, not really into the animated series. If at all. I've seen like three episodes (s.s anne, gym fight against sabrina (or was it Koga) & gym fight with flannery)

I did hear origins was bretty gud, but from what I gather it's just genwunner fap fuel material

but I'll give it a shot one day

It is. Hell, it's more of a Zard fap material :p

It's good, but it's overrated. It has pacing issues that would make Korra jealous among other things.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
So uh...

I just used GTS for the first time. First I traded Meditite for a japanese Inkay with pokerus, which i then sent forward for a Charmander.

So I now have a Charmander which i couldnt have gotten elsewise, and I can get a new Meditite.

Did I get scammed somehow or am I right for feeling like a winner?

Boss Doggie

0w4kI6X.gif

0vCW3cM.gif

Dr. Buni

The first two episodes of the XY anime were pretty cool. Bonnie and Clemont are very likable characters and Froakie is a bad ass. It is nice to see that Ash is finally using strategies again in his battles, that Pikachu vs Bunnelby battle was amazing. Also, Team Rocket using Wobbufett as it is supposed to be used was great.

ufo0272

Neo Member
I never watched any of the anime, maybe I will this time if it is as good as you guys claim, I'm looking forward to Ash not being a complete dumbass

blamite

What's the deal with Poke Miles? I had bunch on my trainer card from wonder trades, but that number didn't match the number the Holo Caster sad I had, and now my card says I don't have any anymore? Does using Game Sync get rid of them or something? 'Cause I think that's the only thing I did differently before they disappeared. I don't get those things at all...

DaBoss

What's the deal with Poke Miles? I had bunch on my trainer card from wonder trades, but that number didn't match the number the Holo Caster sad I had, and now my card says I don't have any anymore? Does using Game Sync get rid of them or something? 'Cause I think that's the only thing I did differently before they disappeared. I don't get those things at all...

PokéMiles are set to be sent to PGL by default, so you can use it on the PGL site and buy stuff using it and then send it to the Pokemon Center.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Caught Xerneas with my first dusk ball. Dusk ball OP.

That means Florges is getting the boot from my party :( poor thing has been with me since the start :(

Shengar

if you really want waifu tier, go flip through the latter pages of the XY announcement thread from early this year :p

Hatless Serena is the best Serena.
I know the female trainers in XY are waifu tier, make me hope someone do a fanart of all of them in one pic.

zroid

Banned
Hatless Serena is the best Serena.
I know the female trainers in XY are waifu tier, make me hope someone do a fanart of all of them in one pic.

good point :p

I hate that you're forced to wear a hat in game. Generally speaking, I don't like hats. :U

Boss Doggie

Yeah I'd rather wait for the Coro Coro guide than the English guide.

XY anime is actually decent this time. Jessie finally making use of Wobbuffet, instead of putting it back in its pokeball :)

Nah, it's probably gonna be stupid still. She can't even remember what counters what!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why... is that pokeball... there...

... Wait, that could be a Voltorb. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. DIRTY, DIRTY I SAY.

Top Bottom