• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Basically a combination of that and everything else in between (wonder trading and amie and whatnot) that did not involve the gym leaders lol.

Sounds about right. First Pokemon game I've played with so much stuff to do in the campaign. Most games reserve stuff like super training for post-game. Even breeding was held back til late in BW2.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have no idea what this Safari Zone is you guys keep talking about, but it better not be a letdown.

Caladrius

Never used Dream World, so... that actually tells me nothing. :lol

Dream world abilities are abilities added to pokemon in generation V that were only accessible through the use of a very irritating site. It's the originator of such wonders as Drought Ninetales, Drizzle Politoed, Swift Swim Kabutops, Magic Bounce Espeon and Sped Boost Blaziken

They breathed new life into a lot of older pokemon that were becoming increasingly outclassed.

Smiley90

Dream world abilities are abilities added to pokemon in generation V that were only accessible through the use of a very irritating site. It's the originator of such wonders as Drought Ninetales, Drizzle Politoed, Swift Swim Kabutops, Magic Bounce Espeon and Sped Boost Blaziken

They breathed new life into a lot of older pokemon that were becoming increasingly outclassed.

Are those the Hidden Abilities? Or sth entirely different?

Caladrius

Are those the Hidden Abilities? Or sth entirely different?

They're the same thing.

Though now they can just be called hidden abilities.

party_hard_gif_by_otagen-d45zmby.gif

zroid

Banned
Closing in on 40 hours now. Still chilling in the area north of the town where you get the second badge
with all the rock formations

ufo0272

Neo Member
What amount of post-game stuff is there? I already cleared the
looker
chapters (which were awesome, tho I wished it would have been a bit longer)
Right now im collecting mega stones and completing pokedex, but some more things to do would be awesome! What do we know about the
cave of emptiness
and
sea spirits den
so far?

Fireblend

Banned
Crossposting this from the OT in case anyone has any input:

Would anyone suggest a sixth member for my team? I have:

Greninja (Timid)
Arcanine (Docile)
Gardevoir (Bold)
Aegislash (Modest)
Pangoro (Adamant)
....?

I'm aware most of the natures probably suck, I haven't been paying attention to them.
Anyway, I've been using Pikachu, but I'm thinking of switching him out. Maybe Aurorus?

Greninja (Timid)
Arcanine (Docile)
Gardevoir (Bold)
Aegislash (Modest)
Pangoro (Adamant)
....?

I'm aware most of the natures probably suck, I haven't been paying attention to them.
Anyway, I've been using Pikachu, but I'm thinking of switching him out. Maybe Aurorus?

Use Helioptile. Cutest lil' thing in the whole game.

cafemomo

I was thinking about this all day while in ethics class for some reason

If GF where to make a RSE remake, how would they tie in mega evolutions into it?

Mega evos was discovered in XY time period

If going by the timeline

RBGY/RSE -> GSC/DPPt - >BWBW2 -> XY?

so if there are mega evos in RSEremakes, how would they explain it

If GF where to make a RSE remake, how would they tie in mega evolutions into it?

If going by the timeline

Don't remake R/S, make sequels. Either that or retcon it like they retconned Steel and Dark type when they were said to be newly discovered types in GSC.

Smiley90

If going by the timeline

Don't remake R/S, make sequels.

Make a game "inspired" by RSE with same pomemon, same towns, similar story, but bew timeline? Same thing that "fairy" was discovered in the XY timeline, they shouldn't take away their typing, really. That'd mess with people's heads even more than the lack of mega evolutions.

Make a game "inspired" by RSE with same pomemon, same towns, similar story, but bew timeline? Same thing that "fairy" was discovered in the XY timeline, they shouldn't take away their typing, really. That'd mess with people's heads even more than the lack of mega evolutions.

The whole fairy type just being discovered thing doesn't even make sense because the back story of the games talks about fairy types. I think fairy type will end up being retconned into any games that take place before XY.

cafemomo

Don't remake R/S, make sequels. Either that or retcon it like they retconned Steel and Dark type when they were said to be newly discovered types in GSC.

I think they can do a RSE sequel in the XY timeline. Maybe Team Flare is a bunch of fashionably frustrated ex Team Magma Members

or

they can incorporate XY into the RBGY/RSE timeline. But how would that explain steel type being present...hmmmm

Greninja (Timid)
Arcanine (Docile)
Gardevoir (Bold)
Aegislash (Modest)
Pangoro (Adamant)
....?

You haven't got a Dragon type on there. How about getting a Goodra?

Greninja (Timid)
Arcanine (Docile)
Gardevoir (Bold)
Aegislash (Modest)
Pangoro (Adamant)
....?

GOOMY. EVERYBODY LOVES GOOMY

The Pokemon timeline already makes no sense as far as I can see. How were eggs only just discovered if Pokemons are as old as/ older than humans?

Also, what happens if the PC system isn't running? What is the relationship between Pokeballs, 6, and the storage system? Mysterious.

Smiley90

The Pokemon timeline already makes no sense as far as I can see. How were eggs only just discovered if Pokemons are as old as/ older than humans?

Also, what happens if the PC system isn't running? What is the relationship between Pokeballs, 6, and the storage system? Mysterious.

The most mysterious question is and forever will be how Wailord and Skitty breed.

rydl

Neo Member
What do we know about the
cave of emptiness
and
sea spirits den
so far?

Assuming you mean the Chamber of Emptiness, thats the location of the Banette Megastone and the spooky(?) plate. no idea about the sea spirits den though

Top Bottom