• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

upandaway

It's here it's here it's here oh god

q3nN3AD.jpg

I expected end of next week at the earliest maaaaaaannnn

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Im at like under 30 hours, I'm the champion, got Zygarde and Mewtwo, hunting for the birds :/ I feel like I rushed through. Maybe I'll go level up another team of 6 consisting of the starters I didnt get at the beginning..

Dr. Buni

Im at like under 30 hours, I'm the champion, got Zygarde and Mewtwo, hunting for the birds :/ I feel like I rushed through. Maybe I'll go level up another team of 6 consisting of the starters I didnt get at the beginning..

30hrs is more than enough to finish a Pokémon game without rushing ._. At least to me. It took me 35hrs though, but that was because it took me a while to find a fitting 6th member for my team.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
30hrs is more than enough to finish a Pokémon game without rushing ._. At least to me. It took me 35hrs though, but that was because it took me a while to find a fitting 6th member for my team.

My team in the end:

Deez (Chesnaught)
Bubbles (Blastoise)
Blaziken (the event torchic)
Dumbledore (Alakazam)
Raichu
Rey Mysterio (Hawlucha)

Had the same team since Cyllage Town or so, where Hawlucha was found. Dunno if it's weird but I feel committed to them, I don't really want to use Xerneas, Mewtwo or Zygarde now in my main team.

Dr. Buni

My team in the end:

Deez (Chesnaught)
Bubbles (Blastoise)
Dumbledore (Alakazam)
Raichu
Rey Mysterio (Hawlucha)

Had the same team since Cyllage Town or so, where Hawlucha was found. Dunno if it's weird but I feel committed to them, I don't really want to use Xerneas, Mewtwo or Zygarde now in my main team.

Nice team! Well, except for Chesnaught. My team by the end was pathetic, so I'd rather not mention it. I am replaying the game, though and my new team is shaping up nicely. So far I have Greninja, Malamar, Vivillon (which is surprisingly useful) and Medicham in my team. Also, I don't think it is weird to feel committed to your Pokémon, it happens to me as well.

Fireblend

Banned
My team in the end:

Deez (Chesnaught)
Bubbles (Blastoise)
Dumbledore (Alakazam)
Raichu
Rey Mysterio (Hawlucha)

Not at all. Any good trainer knows friendship is the most important stat <3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sakurai knows best starter.

Also I hate Gaming side. For instance...

lmao that "why does Pokemon don't have 3D" thread is the gift that keeps on giving

You can clearly tell those people shouting "unambitious" or "lazy" never played the game in depth or explored its features. I wouldn't call someone who made each Pokemon unique in Amie or Super Training lazy or unambitious.

-Horizon-

Sakurai knows best starter.

Also I hate Gaming side. For instance...

lmao that "why does Pokemon don't have 3D" thread is the gift that keeps on giving

You can clearly tell those people shouting "unambitious" or "lazy" never played the game in depth or explored its features. I wouldn't call someone who made each Pokemon unique in Amie or Super Training lazy or unambitious.

I still don't get how some can say the game looks horrible and is DS-like. I don't remember any DS games that look like this or if it's even capable of this level.

-Horizon-

Real talk: I still don't remember any of the names for the Pokemon this gen other than the ones I have in my current team. And that's like only the Fennekin and Fletchling line >.>
I do know the 3 main legendaries though.

Normal people call it willful ignorance: They call it reality.
I can understand the frame rate issues people have brought up but to call it an "ugly" and "unplayable" game is just wrong :/

Finally got my copy today from work. From just playing for an hour I'm pretty damn confused on all these new buttons and stuff I see in the bottom screen. Other than that, it feels weird coming back to the series after skipping out on B(2)/W(2).

Zeroth

I can understand the frame rate issues people have brought up but to call it an "ugly" and "unplayable" game is just wrong :/

Well, there are people who deem 30 FPS "a slideshow", so there you go. Honestly,people who dropped Pokemon because of lack of 3D/unlocked framerate probably weren't really into it to begin with.

-Horizon-

Finally got my copy today from work. From just playing for an hour I'm pretty damn confused on all these new buttons and stuff I see in the bottom screen. Other than that, it feels weird coming back to the series after skipping out on B(2)/W(2).

Super training for raising stats, Pokemon Amie to interact with your Pokemon and raise affection levels which help with gaining extra experience, PSS for the online trading and battling with friends and whatnot.

The smaller icons way at the bottom of the screen are your basic menu buttons like the pokedex, save, and options.

There are people saying the game doesn't have a map.

Think about that for a second.

>.>

Wait what? Like they think there is no map at all?...ok

Bouncing off of that, I did want a constant map feature option on the bottom screen. That was one thing I did like from D/P/P for the poketch tool.

Well, there are people who deem 30 FPS "a slideshow", so there you go. Honestly,people who dropped Pokemon because of lack of 3D/unlocked framerate probably weren't really into it to begin with.

Oh wow at the first part. Now they're just looking for things to complain about.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah you guys should just avoid the "Pokemon glitch" thread and "Pokemon 3D" thread. Seriously, you'll lose your minds on the posts there.

-Horizon-

Anyone still holding onto the hope that we'll get a Ruby/Sapphire remake next year?
Like I know we shouldn't take the references they make in XY to heart since they also mention Kanto and Unova a lot. But I recently got to the dialogue where they talk about
the 40th anniversary of Ruby and 45th of Sapphire
or something like that and now I just want to believe that that is somehow code for an announcement.

Yeah you guys should just avoid the "Pokemon glitch" thread and "Pokemon 3D" thread. Seriously, you'll lose your minds on the posts there.

Duly noted.

The essence of the internet right there.

Internet gonna internet.

Zeroth

Anyone still holding onto the hope that we'll get a Ruby/Sapphire remake next year?
Like I know we shouldn't take the references they make in XY to heart since they also mention Kanto and Unova a lot. But I recently got to the dialogue where they talk about
the 40th anniversary of Ruby and 45th of Sapphire
or something like that and now I just want to believe that that is somehow code for an announcement.

We will, after playing the game I'm sure of it. I'm just curious on what changes they will make to the games so they can exploit the 3DS' capabilities (and I'm talking beyond Streetpass secret bases).

-Horizon-

We will, after playing the game I'm sure of it. I'm just curious on what changes they will make to the games so they can exploit the 3DS' capabilities (and I'm talking beyond Streetpass secret bases).
Maybe something to do with Pokemon Contests as well.

isual

Does anyone know where I can buy a legit copy of pokemon emerald ? i've been looking on ebay, and it's very hard to discern if the copy is legit or not....

MegaMelon

Does anyone know where I can buy a legit copy of pokemon emerald ? i've been looking on ebay, and it's very hard to discern if the copy is legit or not....

Good luck with that, it took me ages to find my legit pokemon ruby cartridge. If you can, you could wait for the rs remakes
believe
but if not there are some videos on youtube that can help you see a fake from a legit cart. Though it is a bit of trial and error/luck.

isual

Good luck with that, it took me ages to find my legit pokemon ruby cartridge. If you can, you could wait for the rs remakes
believe
but if not there are some videos on youtube that can help you see a fake from a legit cart. Though it is a bit of trial and error/luck.

yeah...I was thinking of getting ruby, but I figured emerald is the 'ultimate' version of ruby and sapphire...right ?

MegaMelon

yeah...I was thinking of getting ruby, but I figured emerald is the 'ultimate' version of ruby and sapphire...right ?

Yeah it is. You can get Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza aswell as the battle frontier but I didn't bother with it as you have it in 4th gen with the physical/special split.

Shengar

Isn't the lack of 3D in Pokemon because 3DS hardware capability? 600+ unique models with their own set of animation. Not counting moves and other effect that appeared in battle. 3DS would explode if all part of the game have 3D. Pokemon XY is too freaking massive.

-Horizon-

6 badges, 20 hours. In the town with the snow and windmill.

I really liked Valerie's gym in Laverre City, so many girl trainers, its like Erika's gym all over again :3

And the hex maniacs in this game look like Tomoko from Watamote >.>

Isn't the lack of 3D in Pokemon because 3DS hardware capability? 600+ unique models with their own set of animation. Not counting moves and other effect that appeared in battle. 3DS would explode if all part of the game have 3D. Pokemon XY is too freaking massive.

Then we should've only had 100 pokemon in the whole game, then it would look amazing!
someone has probably suggested this too lol

Shengar

6 badges, 20 hours. In the town with the snow and windmill.

I really liked Valerie's gym in Laverre City, so many girl trainers, its like Erika's gym all over again :3

And the hex maniacs in this game look like Tomoko from Watamote >.>

Then we should've only had 100 pokemon in the whole game, then it would look amazing!
someone has probably suggested this too lol
Meanwhile, I'm in 21 hours mark, only 2 badges and 3 freaking Pokemon. All fully trained though.

No, hex maniac is Lucina if Chrom could marry Tharja

Well, some people DO suggest to wipe out older generation Pokemon with somekind of sickness or disease just because they bored to see them so that suggestion hardly surprises me at all.

-Horizon-

Meanwhile, I'm in 21 hours mark, only 2 badges and 3 freaking Pokemon. All fully trained though.

No, hex maniac is Lucina if Chrom could marry Tharja

Well, some people DO suggest to wipe out older generation Pokemon with somekind of sickness or disease just because they bored to see them so that suggestion hardly surprises me at all.

Lucina as a yandere? I didn't even know I wanted that combination until now :D

I should explore super training some more, I only did it twice I think for special attack and speed for Delphox.

How long were you working on just one stat? A rough estimate would be nice to know.

So we've all had time to let Gen VI wash over us. We've assembled our teams and become acquainted with their respective strengths and weaknesses. We had a thread about the gen VI designs when we were all guessing and knew nothing of their evolutions and movesets and basically just picked them on appearance alone. Has your opinion changed since then?

Shengar

Lucina as a yandere? I didn't even know I wanted that combination until now :D

I should explore super training some more, I only did it twice I think for special attack and speed for Delphox.

How long were you working on just one stat? A rough estimate would be nice to know.

Around 15-25 minutes, if you lucky enough to keep getting L size training bag. Actually, the most difficult and tedious part is when builidng your base stat from zero since you absolutely can't start rightly to 3rd tier super traning that yield 12 EV points. I could be miss on the rough time estimation since my luck suck enough to keep me away form L size training bag even though I finished most session under 20 seconds.

Is Keldeo a legendary Pokemon?

I'm watching CN and a movie called Pokemon Kyurem vs The Sword of Justice is on right now. I'm guessing The Sword of Justice is referencing Keldeo. Sorry if it's a stupid question but I've never seen this Pokemon before.

-Horizon-

So we've all had time to let Gen VI wash over us. We've assembled our teams and become acquainted with their respective strengths and weaknesses. We had a thread about the gen VI designs when we were all guessing and knew nothing of their evolutions and movesets and basically just picked them on appearance alone. Has your opinion changed since then?

Just an opinion on the game itself, I think its still awesome.

Around 15-25 minutes, if you lucky enough to keep getting L size training bag. Actually, the most difficult and tedious part is when builidng your base stat from zero since you absolutely can't start rightly to 3rd tier super traning that yield 12 EV points. I could be miss on the rough time estimation since my luck suck enough to keep me away form L size training bag even though I finished most session under 20 seconds.

So the purpose of the mini games is to try to get the L size training bags?

1. Heliolisk
2. Barbaracle
3. Hawlucha
4. Pumpkaboo
5. Goomy

This gen was great for designs. They are only 1 or 2 I don't care for, and my feelings towards them are more indifference than hate.

Shengar

Just an opinion on the game itself, I think its still awesome.

So the purpose of the mini games is to try to get the L size training bags?

Not really since completing the mini games no matter what still yields EV point. But the L Size training bags gives you 12 EV points, doubling the result you received for that session with less tedious task. If only S size bag yield 4 points, M size yield 8 points, it would make the proccess a lot faster.

Top Bottom