• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Serebii Forums is back up. Apparently, they just hit the templates, and nothing seems to be truly compromised.

They may have got the user database. There was no discernible spike in bandwidth or requests, which is what would have happened if they got the whole thing, but they did post a sample and that worries me. If you have an account on my forums, I strongly advise that you change the password

MikeMyers

tumblr_mg1kxdf5zk1qe8we7o1_500.jpg

Zeroth

I wonder how the fairy retyping will shake some older pokemons. Togekiss, in particular, is a pokemon that is already pretty strong regardless of its typing, and with a fairy/flying combination it might get a considerable boost.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah with Normalize as its ability it'd never get Fairy type.

Unless there's an ability that acts like Normalize but for Fairy. Uhh... Fairy-rize!

PK Gaming

I don't think they'll make Togekiss a fairy, or any dual type pokemon for that matter. That normal / flying sub typing is a part of Togekiss's identity, and it doesn't seem like GF is in the business of removing options.

backlot

I don't think they'll make Togekiss a fairy, or any dual type pokemon for that matter. That normal / flying sub typing is a part of Togekiss's identity, and it doesn't seem like GF is in the business of removing options.

They removed the Rotom forms' Ghost type which would have seemed pretty integral to their identity so such a move would not be unprecedented. What exactly do you mean by removing options?

Boss Doggie

I don't see how Togepi line is fairy tho.

Also Rotom fits because it's a possessing ghost, and when you possess something you lose temporarily your ghostly body :p

Zeroth

I don't see how Togepi line is fairy tho.

Also Rotom fits because it's a possessing ghost, and when you possess something you lose temporarily your ghostly body :p

Well, technically, Togetic and Togekiss are in th fairy sub-group, though it's worth noting so are Plusle and Minun, two pokemons which surely won't be retyped.

PK Gaming

They removed the Rotom forms' Ghost type which would have seemed pretty integral to their identity so such a move would not be unprecedented. What exactly do you mean by removing options?

I don't think it's the same thing. For one, the Rotom appliances were basically the same in DPPt, and the type change was done to further differentiate them from each other. In the case of replacing Fairy to an existing Pokemon's type, you're outright removing a part of Pokemon's history altogether, and that doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, that's just speculation from my part. I seriously don't think they'll want to take away Togekiss ability to receive STAB on Flying or Normal, but I could be wrong.

Boss Doggie

Wait, Togekiss uses Normal moves? lol

I thought it's usually Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Aura Sphere, and some Hidden Power crap

PK Gaming

Wait, Togekiss uses Normal moves? lol

I thought it's usually Air Slash, Thunder Wave, Aura Sphere, and some Hidden Power crap

No, not really. I've seen some users Hustle + ExtremeSpeed and Serene Grace Tri Attack, but that's the extent of it.

If you ask me, Normal is a really crappy subtyping...

Kokonoe

Banned
That's what I kept my gameboy player attachment for my gamecube around for. Nothing like being able to play the classics on your tv xd

Another thing that made the Stadium games great was this. Plus the big ole DPad on the N64 controller.

Sad story, with the Super Game Boy around 2003, I plugged in my Gold cartridge at the time and it somehow whiped my save file. No idea why. ;_;

Top Bottom