• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Refyref

lol weird

In speaking of Rotom, has anyone played Pulseman?

I have played Pulseman.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it. I know some people say it's a "hidden gem" or something, but it didn't click with me. Not sure why, but I don't like how Pulseman moves or the level design. Also, the sound effects are terrible.

Drill Dozer is much better.

qq more

I have played Pulseman.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it. I know some people say it's a "hidden gem" or something, but it didn't click with me. Not sure why, but I don't like how Pulseman moves or the level design. Also, the sound effects are terrible.

Drill Dozer is much better.

I personally enjoyed the game, although a bit flawed. One of my major complaints is that some of the levels hurts my eyes with the poor pallete choice here and there (this is mainly in the cyber world levels). I really won't mind a sequel... does SEGA own the franchise?

I recently got Drill Dozer, I should play it sometime.

Refyref

I personally enjoyed the game, although a bit flawed. One of my major complaints is that some of the levels hurts my eyes with the poor pallete choice here and there (this is mainly in the cyber world levels). I really won't mind a sequel... does SEGA own the franchise?

I recently got Drill Dozer, I should play it sometime.

Yea, it's also hard sometimes to distinguish platform you can stand on to the background.
Sega owned the game when it was released, but the VC release was done by Game Freak themselves, so I have no idea if Sega still has anything to do with it.

As for a sequel, I'd rather they make one for Drill Dozer, since that was intended to have a sequel.

Kokonoe

Banned
Haven't played Pulse Man, but I recall not liking Drill Dozer, I don't remember why so I'd have to replay it to see how it is again.

Anyhow, I've noticed Mewtwo's design has changed throughout time, a design change I really don't care for. I still like Mewtwo regardless, but I feel a lot of Mewtwo's charm has diminished due to making him less serious looking and more skinny. Instead of taking pictures from Sugimori, the movies and other things, I went ahead and cranked up Dolphin emulator to the max settings.

Here below you'll see Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (Gamecube) right next to Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii) which is how Mewtwo is portrayed now. Clearly you'll see Battle Revolution has far superior graphics, however I'm not here to discuss that as the former is using an upgraded Stadium model. I'm merely talking about the art style used, Mewtwo just...his face got pretty weird to say the least.

9ETUoHw.png
J2gcNk0.png

Thankfully, thanks to Melee, Mewtwo has a much better model in the classic style which I can actually show.

WaRnrvs.png

My main point is although Mewtwo is pretty much my favorite Pokemon along with Rayquaza, them removing features and altering it loses a lot of what made me like the design in the first place. It feels very inferior, and more stereotypical modernization design that wasn't needed.

Refyref

Instead of taking pictures from Sugimori, the movies and other things,

It's not like the movies/anime follow Sugimori's art closely.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Mewtwo. I don't dislike it, but there are almost no Pokemon I dislike. I just don't care for it.

qq more

Jesus christ everything about that face from PBR doesn't look very good. What is up with the pupils being a lot smaller too?

EDIT: PBR's Mewtwo's expression is cracking me up. It's like he's "What have they done to me? I don't want to live anymore :|"

qq more

you people make me ashamed of being a megaman fan!

I DONT WANT MEGAMAN IN SMASH ANYMORE! MEGAMAN IS STOOPID! STOOOPID!!!! *runs away and cries*

Hmm...

Have you ever thought about how well will XY sell when it comes out this October? I'm kind of hopeful that it's at least decent for a Pokémon game, which is still... insanely high numbers, at least for Japan. There's something about Pokémon that makes it print money.

Also, I'm feeling sick. My throat seems to hate me right now. Squeak!

qq more

I think X/Y is going to sell a lot, especially that it's a holiday title. I imagine it will have a very strong first month sales. I wonder if it can outsell D/P.

I think X/Y is going to sell a lot, especially that it's a holiday title. I imagine it will have a very strong first month sales. I wonder if it can outsell D/P.

Maybe there'll be a spike in 3DS sales to go along with it. I can't wait to see the reactions when the Media Create sales threads get around to it.

qq more

Maybe there'll be a spike in 3DS sales to go along with it. I can't wait to see the reactions when the Media Create sales threads get around to it.

There will definitely be a spike in 3DS hardware sales. There was a 3DS hardware sales spike in America thanks to ACNL, I expect X/Y to give it a bigger boost.

MikeMyers

Well if you exclude the outer soldiers, sure :p

Well, the joke is from the Snow White episode (EP56 in the Japanese version), where Jupiter says she should play Snow White because she has the biggest boobs. The DiC changed this to "most talent" (implying actress talent is really just the size of their boobs). Hence the joke.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, the joke is from the Snow White episode (EP56 in the Japanese version), where Jupiter says she should play Snow White because she has the biggest boobs. The DiC changed this to "most talent" (implying actress talent is really just the size of their boobs). Hence the joke.

Ahh I see :p

Still Uranus is best

My main point is although Mewtwo is pretty much my favorite Pokemon along with Rayquaza, them removing features and altering it loses a lot of what made me like the design in the first place. It feels very inferior, and more stereotypical modernization design that wasn't needed.

I agree with you, the eyes are less intense, his head is rounder, his facial features are softer and less defined. Classic Mewtwo simply looks cooler. In Pokedex 3D, the eyes are back to normal, but the face still looks oddly squished and softer, it doesn't have the square jaw like in the Melee shot. It loses something.

If any of you had accounts on our Bulba forums, you should update your passwords there too. Best to update passwords on Bulbapedia as well, to be safe. The same guy hacked us. *sigh*

Kokonoe

Banned
I agree with you, the eyes are less intense, his head is rounder, his facial features are softer and less defined. Classic Mewtwo simply looks cooler. In Pokedex 3D, the eyes are back to normal, but the face still looks oddly squished and softer, it doesn't have the square jaw like in the Melee shot. It loses something.

Definitely feel the same way, it just really wasn't needed. I haven't actually seen the Pokedex 3D model, but if that's all it is then I can already picture it.

If any of you had accounts on our Bulba forums, you should update your passwords there too. Best to update passwords on Bulbapedia as well, to be safe. The same guy hacked us. *sigh*

I'm sorry to hear that, is it all settled now? Love your site, by the way.

JoeM86

Have you checked for hidden plugins on the forum? They tried that with us but I managed to spot them quickly. if you don't remove them, they can possibly still gain some access to your database.

Have you checked for hidden plugins on the forum? They tried that with us but I managed to spot them quickly. if you don't remove them, they can possibly still gain some access to your database.

First thing I did. No plugins have been installed that I haven't installed myself. The user account they got access to didn't have access to install plugins anyway, and they never got access to mine or any account with that power.
Just to be on the safe side though....what plugins did they install on yours?

DaBoss

Damn hacker(s).

Mm, that certainly sounds nice.

Do you think there'll be some people that remain unconvinced for some reason?

Yes, I've seen people post that Pokémon doesn't have it's system selling abilities anymore and that it will no longer matter and won't make a difference. There wasn't even any reasoning, just baseless assertions.

It'll get at least 11 million world wide, probably. In Japan, RS, DP, and BW broke 5 million - I expect similar performance this time around. There are plenty of people who'll just 'wait until it has Pokemon', so I'm hoping for some good 3DS news as well.

Although, it'll be the first one to be released digital... I wonder how much that'll cut into physical sales, may confuse some of the numbers. One thing that's guaranteed is that it'll shoot up those DL charts.

Slermy

I have played Pulseman.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it. I know some people say it's a "hidden gem" or something, but it didn't click with me. Not sure why, but I don't like how Pulseman moves or the level design.

Thank god I'm not the only one.

It's weird too, my favorite three franchises are Mega Man, Sonic, and Pokémon, and my favorite system is the Mega Drive / Genesis. This is should be the perfect game for me, but I just can't get into it.

Top Bottom