• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

zroid

Banned

tumblr_mf2tezo6eO1rg9ocqo1_400.gif

But really, I think it has a high chance of being some sort of thank you message, which I would be just fine with :)

it then fades out to a 5 minute high quality XY anime trailer

Arm the PokéBOMB.

For realz?

OMG

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"We're bringing back Pokemon following you."

Pokemon following you, rematch Gym leaders, and Trainers' Eyes.

Begin harsh laughter followed by bitter tears.

Awwww sheeeit.

Come on guys, for all we know he could only be announcing some kind of accessory for the games. I know this isn't Square Enix, but you're really setting yourselves up for disappointment here. It's not healthy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Come on guys, for all we know he could only be announcing some kind of accessory for the games. I know this isn't Square Enix, but you're really setting yourselves up for disappointment here. It's not healthy.

I like to ride the hype even if it's small :p

JoeM86

Well, allow me to say this. The advance screenings for the upcoming movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens are this weekend in Japan. Surely if there's any news all of a sudden, it'd be about Mewtwo.

Disclaimer: The above is speculation, not me hinting from inside knowledge

Well, allow me to say this. The advance screenings for the upcoming movie Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens are this weekend in Japan. Surely if there's any news all of a sudden, it'd be about Mewtwo.

But Sableye!

ffdgh

Cliche but.
Neogaf
Believe

JoeM86

Just to add flames to the fire

This weekend is the World Hobby Fair '13 Summer in Japan. It has been confirmed that there is a Pokémon Booth there, and there will be a stage show featuring Maru & Neese from Pokémon Smash and this stage show will showcase the latest information about the movie and Pokémon X & Y...

Few questions.
If I were to pick up a Gen IV game, which is the best?
Is Pokemon Battle Revolution even worth my time/money?
Are any of the PokePark games worth it?

Just to add flames to the fire

This weekend is the World Hobby Fair '13 Summer in Japan. It has been confirmed that there is a Pokémon Booth there, and there will be a stage show featuring Maru & Neese from Pokémon Smash and this stage show will showcase the latest information about the movie and Pokémon X & Y...
7YSO9Rb.gif

Few questions.
If I were to pick up a Gen IV game, which is the best?
Is Pokemon Battle Revolution even worth my time/money?
Are any of the PokePark games worth it?
  • Platinum or the Gold and Silver remakes, don't bother with Diamond or Pearl.
  • Battle Revolution is ok, not Stadium good or even Colosseum good. It has some interesting game set ups but really the only reason you'd probably want this game is to see your gen 4 Pokemon on the big screen.
  • No.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I honestly think going solely for HG/SS as the "Gen IV" experience is gimping the experience. Gen IV is primarily Platinum, with HG/SS being additional servings.

If you go digital on a Nintendo system, then you're as big a fool as Nintendo is.

I already have digital AC and some eShop games.

Of course being full digital is silly. I was simply going for which is more comfortable.

zroid

Banned
Pokémon is definitely the type of game to benefit from digital, so I would do it. Regrettably I'm a physical media junkie so I'll have to purchase a retail copy anyway. Thinking about buying X at retail and Y on the eShop, but we'll see.

I honestly think going solely for HG/SS as the "Gen IV" experience is gimping the experience. Gen IV is primarily Platinum, with HG/SS being additional servings.

Eh, I think jumping back in with a remake is a good way to get acclimated to the newer games. Old Pokemon they knew and loved, but new game mechanics.
Though I suppose that's kind of an assumption on my part that they've played Pokemon in the past.

Slermy

I for one actually missed Gold/Silver/Crystal the first time around, and absolutely LOVED SoulSilver. It's my favorite Gen IV game by far.

So if I were to pick up Battle Revolution, HeartGold would work, or no?

Platinum works, but I don't think SoulSilver/HeartGold do. Haven't tried though.

Is anyone willing to try :)
Bulbapedia:
Battle Revolution is compatible with all handheld Generation IV games. However, Giratina, Shaymin, and Rotom's form changes introduced in Platinum will revert to their original form upon being copied over to the game, and the Spiky-eared Pichu will display as a normal Pichu. In addition, Rotom's stats will lower to those of Rotom's normal form, and it will temporarily forget its special move.
I think you'll be good :)
Protip though: Don't buy PBR for anything more than ~$10-15. It's not worth it.
So much this.

For some reason though, I ended up buying it twice used, don't ask why.

Top Bottom