• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

Just saying but Keldeo is still one of the worst event legendary designs I've seen. Its right up there with Manaphy/Phione. Bleh.

Not really since completing the mini games no matter what still yields EV point. But the L Size training bags gives you 12 EV points, doubling the result you received for that session with less tedious task. If only S size bag yield 4 points, M size yield 8 points, it would make the proccess a lot faster.

So the size of the training bags you get after finishing a game only helps with the time it takes to train? In the end, working a long time with S size training bags will have the same results as working a short time with L size bags?

So the size of the training bags you get after finishing a game only helps with the time it takes to train? In the end, working a long time with S size training bags will have the same results as working a short time with L size bags?
Ultimately, the training will result in the same result no matter which bags you use, it's all a matter of time efficiency.

The bags have different costs associated with them, like how certain healing items are more cost efficient than others:

Small Bag: +1 EV, 10 hits (.10 EVs/hit)
Medium Bag: +4 EV, 25 hits (.16 EVs/hit)
Large Bag: +12 EV, 50 hits (.24 EVs/hit)

Large bags are much more time-efficient than small bags - usually I throw away any small bags immediately, and only use medium if I have a large amount of them drop.

Not a fan of "cute" legendaries in general. Glad gen VI doesn't have any, unless you count Mewtwo X.

Large bags are much more time-efficient than small bags - usually I throw away any small bags immediately, and only use medium if I have a large amount of them drop.
Same. They're really not worth using.

-Horizon-

Ultimately, the training will result in the same result no matter which bags you use, it's all a matter of time efficiency.

The bags have different costs associated with them, like how certain healing items are more cost efficient than others:

Small Bag: +1 EV, 10 hits (.10 EVs/hit)
Medium Bag: +4 EV, 25 hits (.16 EVs/hit)
Large Bag: +12 EV, 50 hits (.24 EVs/hit)

Seems easy enough to understand. Thanks :D

-Horizon-

I should've listened to Boss Doggie and avoided any non official thread related to Pokemon on the main forum. That new one that popped up a while ago, my head hurts now.

-Horizon-

Ok which game has the better mega pokemen

from a comp stand point

Mewtwo X vs Mewtwo Y

Charizard X vs Charizard Y

The only 2 mega differences.

I personally leaned more toward X.

Charizard X gets Dragon typing and increased att while Mewtwo Y gets awesome sp att and speed if I'm recalling correctly

Yeah the majority of random pokemon threads have been bewildering.

Not a fan of "cute" legendaries in general. Glad gen VI doesn't have any, unless you count Mewtwo X.

There probably is one that we just haven't seen yet. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, that wretched manapy, and Victini were all event pokemon.

Mewtwo X vs Mewtwo Y

Charizard X vs Charizard Y

The only 2 mega differences.

I personally leaned more toward X.

Charizard X gets Dragon typing and increased att while Mewtwo Y gets awesome sp att and speed if I'm recalling correctly

Mega Houndoom, Mega Heracross and Mega Aggron
are exclusive to Y, whereas X gets
Mega Pinsir, Mega Manetric and Mega Tyranitar

Caladrius

I usually only go to the gaming side to look for news. Too much bile a lot of the time.

I'm sorry to have to ask this in the comm. thread, but can someone confirm what's in my safari? I asked in the safari thread but no one's bitten.

Mega Houndoom, Mega Heracross and Mega Aggron
are exclusive to Y, whereas X gets
Mega Pinsir, Mega Manetric and Mega Tyranitar
WHAT
The two I wanted most are Y only?! :/ I hope someone's willing to trade.
Houndoom
is one my faves.

I'm sorry to have to ask this in the comm. thread, but can someone confirm what's in my safari? I asked in the safari thread but no one's bitten.
Went to the safari first time before. Yours is dragon with Druddigon, Shelgon and Fraxure.

Just finished the game and well, it really lived up to my expectations, huge improvement and glorious gameplay. The only thing that could've been better was the overall story, though i really liked AZ's plot, as crazy and surreal as it was.

Conan-san

So the dub of the cartoon aired in the UK.
Not bad at all.

Then again, given where we started (BW was a massive disappointment all around) the only way you could go is up.

Caladrius

No Cottonee then? :p Cheers, man. Do you want any of those dragons for Sawsbuck and Maractus? I just got a hidden ability Shelgon. I'll try and get one with a good nature.

I'd be more than happy to.
I'm still attempting to get an adamant synchronizer for the sawsbuck so it might take me awhile to get a good one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If I didn't know better, I'da be convinced Mewtwo was voiced by Megan Holisted.

So Lenneth Valkyrie Mewtwo who can Mega Evolve into M. Mewtwo Y.

Yeah.

Lenneth Valkyrie's VA also did Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny during 4Kids era Pokemon. :p

Normally I'd be pissed with t
he power of friendship endings
, but honestly... this one feels fitting.

Conan-san

Lenneth Valkyrie's VA also did Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny during 4Kids era Pokemon. :p

Normally I'd be pissed with t
he power of friendship endings
, but honestly... this one feels fitting.
Eh, they could have cut it at the two of them
Trying to catch up to Cars in space
for all it mattered to me. Really BW is so dumb the dumb endings of the movies isn't that much of an issue for me. The less I have to contend with Iris being a brat, Cilian being non-existant and Ash being thick the better.

WHAT
The two I wanted most are Y only?! :/ I hope someone's willing to trade.
Houndoom
is one my faves.

Went to the safari first time before. Yours is dragon with Druddigon, Shelgon and Fraxure.

I think he's got two of those backwards....
Pretty sure that houndoomm is x and manectric y

ufo0272

Neo Member
Yveltal for a Cottonee would be a fair trade right?
Someone has to accept right?
RIGHT?!
I AM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW
My friend was looking on gts for an Yveltal earlier (he has X), and he came across "some idiot who wants to trade a cottonee for an Yveltal". He is not very into competitive play, so I explained that Cottonee is a great pokemon and all that. Funny how pokemon can tie parts of the world together through trading and battling.

I think he's got two of those backwards....
Pretty sure that houndoomm is x and manectric y
explained:
Manectric can only be caught in Y and Houndoom in X, however Houndoomite is obtainable in Y and Manectrite (?) in X. Same thing goes for Aggron/Tyranitar and i believe Pinsir/Heracross,
I have Y and have already collected all the mega stones except for Venusaurite, Charizardite X and Y, and all the others only obtainable in X.

Boss Doggie

If I don't like the new episodes of Pokemon and prefer the old ones, does that make me a Season Wunner?

BW anime is awful though so I don't think it's a bad thought. I still prefer Hoenn or Sinnoh though. Best Ash there, and XY is shaping to follow that route.

With that said the anime is bad to begin with.

cafemomo

I've... I've never heard these terms before... do you just make them up?

They are (where) common terms back when I used to browse /vp/ (/tr/).

If you like Kanto, you are a genwunner or nostalgia"friend"
If you like Hoenn, you are a hoennbaby
If you like Sinnoh, you are a sinnohfetus
If you like all of them, you have no taste

something along that lines.

Boss Doggie

Wow, that was terrible.

I thought the "Why are people finding Pokemon fun" a legit thread, but the replies are making my head hurt in sheer stupidity.

qq more

Wow, that was terrible.

I thought the "Why are people finding Pokemon fun" a legit thread, but the replies are making my head hurt in sheer stupidity.

Apparently enjoying Pokemon games is something we should keep to ourselves. It's like a fetish!

Man, that thread is really awful. I laughed when I read that one post claiming every captured Pokemon starts lv1. :lol

Top Bottom