• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Ugh, Chespin is so cute that I keep wanting a plushie of it.

It actually made me hold off on evolution for a long time, until right before the seventh gym...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently enjoying Pokemon games is something we should keep to ourselves. It's like a fetish!

Man, that thread is really awful. I laughed when I read that one post claiming every captured Pokemon starts lv1. :lol

It's really circular.

Also there's that one poster who insists that graphics make a Pokemon game lol

qq more

It's really circular.

Also there's that one poster who insists that graphics make a Pokemon game lol
Yeah, graphics doesn't entirely make the game. But I do feel graphics do help a bunch, not in a technical side, but more on a stylistic side... if that's the right way to word it? It helps the mood for me.

Welp Spoke too soon about XY Ash, he looses to the first gym according to TV guide :(

PFFFFT LMAO

Ash... you're the worst.

Boss Doggie

In Kalos Region, Goomy catches you!

also do you liek goomkips?

Ulr782S.png

Thought that picture of Serperior w/ Contrary was from the Battle Chateau or Maison.

Ahh I see. :/

Welp Spoke too soon about XY Ash, he looses to the first gym according to TV guide :(

Godfuckingdamnit Ash

An artifact from the Episode N arc. Colress had that.

Oh

I feel like "confront an angry Garchomp on top of a tower" is a little too OTT a situation to put your character in when they've just left their Charizard at home, but OK

I liked the Lumiose arrangement over the credits, anyway.

Boss Doggie

When you faint goomy it melts.

Dawww

Also holy shit there ARE people who think "Pokemon fans sure are easy to please, they are praising diagonal movement". Apparently they think the praise is "legitimate".

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but has anyone read this about Chaining which guarantees shinies in 40 encounters if done right?]

Basically equip poke-radar, kill/catch the same pokemon that shows up in the same-moving grass 40 times in a row, the 40th (or 41st?) there'll be a specially marked shiny bush with a shiny pokemon in it.

Seems less frustrating than MM'ing, because it takes out the luck-factor if done right... not sure how easy to do it is though.

If that's true then it's the same as D/P/Pt where the Pokéradar made it's debut except then, there was a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny bush after a chain of 40.

Smiley90

If that's true then it's the same as D/P/Pt where the Pokéradar made it's debut except then, there was a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny bush after a chain of 40.

Yes they mention it's similar to DPPt, BUT with some rule changes, so you're now guaranteed shinies after 40 and 70. Apparently. I haven't tested it myself though, since I'm not done with the game yet... :lol

But it feels like something I'd be much more likely to do than MM'ing, for the randomness of which I'd probably not have the patience for.

Zeroth

Yes they mention it's similar to DPPt, BUT with some rule changes, so you're now guaranteed shinies after 40 and 70. Apparently. I haven't tested it myself though, since I'm not done with the game yet... :lol

But it feels like something I'd be much more likely to do than MM'ing, for the randomness of which I'd probably not have the patience for.

Chaining can assure you a shiny, but the reason it was dropped for breeding is because you have little control over the pokemon's IVs and moves (you can synchronize its nature though) compared to breeding, and since the bulk of people who do these methods only want shinies for competitive battles...

Smiley90

Chaining can assure you a shiny, but the reason it was dropped for breeding is because you have little control over the pokemon's IVs and moves (you can synchronize its nature though) compared to breeding, and since the bulk of people who do these methods only want shinies for competitive battles...

True. This is more for getting a shiny for the sake of having a shiny.

Just thought I'd pass this along. Went around to different gamestops looking for SoulSilver, and was surprised to see they had some copies of HeartGold even though online it said there were none within 100 miles. So if you're looking for HG check out your closest gamestop, it seems the used version is just not present in the computer system.

Still don't know why they're both $50 though.

Zeroth

Just thought I'd pass this along. Went around to different gamestops looking for SoulSilver, and was surprised to see they had some copies of HeartGold even though online it said there were none within 100 miles. So if you're looking for HG check out your closest gamestop, it seems the used version is just not present in the computer system.

Still don't know why they're both $50 though.

Pokemon Economics. The moment we get remakes (in 2030) the price will probably plummet.

isual

It has a decent postgame area. Do that.

ehhh. the postgame doesn't give exp. and I cant go to the other areas in the island because I haven't completed the national pokedox...

oh wells. on to black 2 !

I'll wait next year for pokemon Z. Ya'll know its coming.

Busaiku

The OP shows that Pikachu still has Electro Ball, but I wonder if they'll swap it out with Parabolic Charge or Nuzzle or something.

ehhh. the postgame doesn't give exp. and I cant go to the other areas in the island because I haven't completed the national pokedox...

oh wells. on to black 2 !

I'll wait next year for pokemon Z. Ya'll know its coming.
Okay, you clearly haven't done all of the postgame. Go stroll around in Lumiose City. You'll see what I mean very quickly.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question for X/Y, but is any one else having day/night cycle trouble? Were it's like 4 in the afternoon but still dark out? Shouldn't day night cycle be based on your systems clock(3DS owner)?

zroid

Banned
Finally caught a goomy, feelsgoodman

probably wouldn't have if not for my moronic insistence to spend at extravagant amount of time in each area looking for new Pokémon

Caladrius

Random thought: I wish Pikachu had an alternate evolution called blubbachu. It would be 3'2"/.9 meters and would weigh 300 pounds. It would have 5 speed and 255 in each defense. Instead of running around to attack it has infinitely stretchy lips that it uses to eat other pokemon alive.

Best pokemon idea or best pokemon idea?

-Horizon-

That
Xerneas awakening
scene :D yes yes YES!
I was pleasantly surprised how they even had a shot of your character in whatever outfit they had on at the time.
Took 2 luxury balls to capture.

Zeroth

Random thought: I wish Pikachu had an alternate evolution called blubbachu. It would be 3'2"/.9 meters and would weigh 300 pounds. It would have 5 speed and 255 in each defense. Instead of running around to attack it has infinitely stretchy lips that it uses to eat other pokemon alive.

Best pokemon idea or best pokemon idea?

This is why we can't have nice things.

That
Xerneas awakening
scene :D yes yes YES!
I was pleasantly surprised how they even had a shot of your character in whatever outfit they had on at the time.
Took 2 luxury balls to capture.

I thought you had the game for a while now...

-Horizon-

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Shameful :mad: They better be good anime, at least.

Well I am at 25 hours, 7 badges finally so at least I'm almost done with the main story.

And define good anime...lol
I've just been watching the new ones this season, let's see, I really like Gingitsune, Non Non Biyori, Outbreak Company, Kill la Kill, and White Album 2. I might be missing some.

Zeroth

Well I am at 25 hours, 7 badges finally so at least I'm almost done with the main story.

And define good anime...lol
I've just been watching the new ones this season, let's see, I really like Gingitsune, Non Non Biyori, Outbreak Company, Kill la Kill, and White Album 2. I might be missing some.

Well, that's a relatively good time.

And you silly, it was a trick question!
There is no good anime. Well, except for the ones I like.

Top Bottom