• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

Well, that's a relatively good time.

And you silly, it was a trick question!
There is no good anime. Well, except for the ones I like.

Darn you trick question!

I'll probably get the last badge sometime tomorrow or the day after. Still trying to get over the fact that there is some
9 ft tall immortal dude walking around Kalos

Zeroth

Darn you trick question!

I'll probably get the last badge sometime tomorrow or the day after. Still trying to get over the fact that there is some
9 ft tall immortal dude walking around Kalos

It's not like you saw weirder stuff on your pokemon travels. Like, you know, HSOWA.

-Horizon-

It's not like you saw weirder stuff on your pokemon travels. Like, you know, HSOWA.

For a moment, I was confused by what that acronym stood for lol.

Hey, if they love each other, I'm not gonna judge.

Now having your Pokemon breed with Ditto is a strange idea if I think about it. It's a genderless blob that can transform into your Pokemon...but it's still genderless isn't it? >.>

Zeroth

For a moment, I was confused by what that acronym stood for lol.

Hey, if they love each other, I'm not gonna judge.

Now having your Pokemon breed with Ditto is a strange idea if I think about it. It's a genderless blob that can transform into your Pokemon...but it's still genderless isn't it? >.>

Out of all the possibilities....

Actually, let's stick with it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I will be mad when Gen VII doesn't have a looping road, or if the eventual Hoenn remake doesn't have a circular road.

zroid

Banned
When did Noivern/CO start ghostwriting for Nintendo/Game Freak?

kgfD7VIl.jpg

Boss Doggie

When did Noivern/CO start ghostwriting for Nintendo/Game Freak?

kgfD7VIl.jpg

Kalos has plenty of references regarding that.

Hell, in Lumiose alone you got the movie Beauty and the Beast which is about a human loving a prince turned Pokemon, the Froakie Prince which is about a prince who turned into a Froakie, and Pokesuiters in a building.

Kalos is weird, I don't recall France being this weird.

Boss Doggie

What building? I don't remember that.

It's one of the no-name buildings in Lumiose (forgot which).

They're not obviously wearing the suits, but pretty much all of their dialog consists of feeling up Pokemon and becoming like one, and their only way to reach it is to dress up as a Pokemon.

Also there's Valerie.

Oh yeah, something icky/weird but is lost in Western audiences. There's a girl in the Skiddo ranch who hands you the Destiny Knot, said that a Skiddo gave it to her. Destiny Knot is based on the red string of fate thing - a metaphor in which two people are destined to be together due to a red string.

Random thought: I wish Pikachu had an alternate evolution called blubbachu. It would be 3'2"/.9 meters and would weigh 300 pounds. It would have 5 speed and 255 in each defense. Instead of running around to attack it has infinitely stretchy lips that it uses to eat other pokemon alive.

Best pokemon idea or best pokemon idea?

While we're at it, I want a Fairy / Fighting tooth fairy that claims its fortune by punching its enemies' teeth out.

Okay, I had to.

RjncKli.png

Orthonaut
Tooth Fairy Pokemon
Fairy / Fighting

Height: 2' 8"
Weight: 60 lbs.

Abilities: Infiltrator / Serene Grace / Refrigerate (DW)
Wild hold items: Mental Herb (60%) / Dragon Fang (40%)

Dex entries:

-The teeth on Orthonaut's back are from dragons it has defeated in battle, which are being cleaned to the root embedded in its minty carapace. When a tooth has fully healed, Orthonaut hunts down the dragon again to return it, as a gesture of kindness for a rewarding battle.

-Orthonaut have an average BAC of .6 and as a result their bodies remain extremely clean. In ancient times, their blood was sold as dragonsbane. As a defensive measure, they can also spit a fluorine solute to disorient predators.

Okay, I had to.

RjncKli.png

Orthonaut
Tooth Fairy Pokemon
Fairy / Fighting

Height: 2' 8"
Weight: 60 lbs.

Abilities: Infiltrator / Serene Grace / Refrigerate (DW)
Wild hold items: Mental Herb (60%) / Dragon Fang (40%)

Dex entries:

-The teeth on Orthonaut's back are from dragons it has defeated in battle, which are being cleaned to the root embedded in its minty carapace. When a tooth has fully healed, Orthonaut hunts down the dragon again to return it, as a gesture of kindness for a rewarding battle.

-Orthonaut have an average BAC of .6 and as a result their bodies remain extremely clean. In ancient times, their blood was sold as dragonsbane. As a defensive measure, they can also spit a fluorine solute to disorient predators.

YES

Yeah, Hex Girl is top tier. I also really liked Gen 6's male veteran.

They probably forgot to add a "Why" before the "Would"

Do you have an IQ of 5000? Can you generate firey vortexes in the thousands of degrees? Can you read the future, or create small black holes? You could if you were a Pokemon!

Wikstrom is the best Elite 4 member this gen.
All the others are jerks or stuckups.

Drasna is anything but a jerk. She's probably the sweetest Elite Four member since Bertha.

Also, another reason why Wulfric is awesome: he admits his type's weakness and is a good sport about it, too. What a BAMF.

Caladrius

He gets ScraftyDevil Cool Guy Points™ for using a Barbaracle (the second-best new addition this gen) on his team. I think he kinda looks like a genderswapped Misty, though.

Exactly.

His whole team is baller. If it wasn't for the criminal absence of Kabutops/Greninja and Lanturn I would call him the best water trainer ever.

Toxi

Banned
EDIT: Sorry, image pulled.

Drasna has a pretty cool design.

It's tame compared to a lot of the other ones, but there is a consistent theme with the cavemen necklace and earrings and the earthy, natural-looking dress.

Funny, many of my favorite designs are Dragon trainers, even though I'm not a fan of the type in general. Drasna, Drake, Drayden... All three also start with the same three letters and are older trainers. Neat.

zroid

Banned
even the community thread's no longer safe for me :(

i guess i only have myself to blame for being so slow, though. 80 hours in with 6 badges.

Shengar

Wulfric is pretty much the best Gym Leader in the series, dawg.

Dat bancho parka and awesome 'stache.
Wukfric would be my favorite if only he wear that coat, not only just tied aorund his neck.

Almost all of the female characters have good designs.

Hex Maniac girl is a surprise fave.

Chasing that waifu crowd obviously
I already saw two good fanart of her. I'll expect more to come soon in future when those ilustrator could got free time off from their Pokemon :p
Drasna has a pretty cool design. But I guess he try to show how BOSS he really is by shrugging of the cold.

It's tame compared to a lot of the other ones, but there is a consistent theme with the cavemen necklace and earrings and the earthy, natural-looking dress.

Funny, many of my favorite designs are Dragon trainers, even though I'm not a fan of the type in general. Drasna, Drake, Drayden... All three also start with the same three letters and are older trainers. Neat.
Most of Dragon trainers are neatly design. They feel stand out without being looking ridiculous (Psychic trainer, I'm looking at you all). Drayden probably become my favorite if it not for his ridiculous beard, since his outfit pretty neat.

EDIT: Pulling the image. NP trainer is fine, yes?

Top Bottom