• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

blamite

So, I have about 3000 Poke Miles that I've synced but aren't appearing on PGL... should I be worried or is it normal for those to take longer to update than everything else?

So, I have about 3000 Poke Miles that I've synced but aren't appearing on PGL... should I be worried or is it normal for those to take longer to update than everything else?

It may take a while for synchronized items to appear on the main PGL site. Try looking at it after an hour or two.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah
Wulfric
is awesome. He is also friends with Pokemon. He's like N only manly rather than a sissy!

Also thanks to Coreda for the Halloween-ing the avatar. Goompire!

so i saw that GIF of creepy pikachu from the teaser

and im not even terrified

im just all

what

ok
What you saw is not a teaser for a game, what you saw is a teaser for a segment on a show about the development of an unannounced game.
l9d4EzH.gif

This is just showing off that they are using face capture technology, pretty much an industry standard, for the facial expressions of Pikachu.

Toxi

Banned
What you saw is not a teaser for a game, what you saw is a teaser for a segment on a show about the development of an unannounced game.
l9d4EzH.gif

This is just showing off that they are using face capture technology, pretty much an industry standard, for the facial expressions of Pikachu.
Seems completely normal and adorable. Nothing to worry about here.

4qZ8feK.gif

DigitalOp

Banned
After drowing in X, I have to ask....

What's the allure in playing Ruby & Sapphirre remakes? I thought they remade the games to bring past pokemon to more current versions? With X&Y, They pretty much jampacked damn near every pokemon in 2 games save for legendaries, starters, and a handful of random species (Its like literally no more than 6)

I know they can add new Megas (That secretly are in X&Y code waiting to be unlocked) but isn't that pretty much it? They can use all the same pokemon and put them in different locations I guess?

I can't help but hold on to the faith that Gen 6 was split up between 2 games and that the other half is coming later..... (probally not true...)

The allure for players is that it's fun to play through updated versions of the games. The allure for Game Freak/Nintendo is that it will make them mad bank. Pokemon availability was one reason they used to push FireRed/LeafGreen yeah, but that didn't really apply to HeartGold/SoulSilver given the Gen3->Gen4 transfer yet those still happened.

The most important reason to remake Ruby/Sapphire: Secret Bases!

Shengar

The allure for players is that it's fun to play through updated versions of the games. The allure for Game Freak/Nintendo is that it will make them mad bank. Pokemon availability was one reason they used to push FireRed/LeafGreen yeah, but that didn't really apply to HeartGold/SoulSilver given the Gen3->Gen4 transfer yet those still happened.

The most important reason to remake Ruby/Sapphire: Secret Bases!

Secret Bases as online/streetpass feature
Game Freak, I'm put my trust in you.

R/S/E remakes are also a great opportunity to try out new features that may or may not transfer to new games for new regions. I say that, of course, and then overworld Pokémon don't return for B/W...

Also, new Ichinose soundtrack, which is always a plus.

daripad

Guys, what are your favorite new Pokemon?

I love Honedge's line. Also Froakie's line is awesome. Chespin is good too. Fennekin's line is great. Sylveon is growing on me. Tyrunt is badass. Aurorus is gorgeous. Noivern is nice. And Hawlucha is the best out of them.

Guys, what are your favorite new Pokemon?

I love Honedge's line. Also Froakie's line is awesome. Chespin is good too. Fennekin's line is great. Sylveon is growing on me. Tyrunt is badass. Aurorus is gorgeous. Noivern is nice. And Hawlucha is the best out of them.

1. Heliolisk
2. Barbaracle
3. Hawlucha
4. Goomy
pls
5. Malamar (just discovered how awesome she can be)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah, my top 10 pokemon, lines are considered entities

1. Noivern
2. Tyrantrum
3. Goomy
4. Klefki
5. Hawlucha
6. Pangoro
7. Tyrunt
8. Chesnaught
9. Noibat
10. Aegislash

Special nomination to Pancham, Barbaracle and Malamar

Also speaking of Pokemon, apparently the registration that was correct on mega evolutions added new ones... particularly Sceptile, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza

Caladrius

My favorites for gen 6 in no order

Greninja
Aegislash
Heliolisk
Clawitzer
Dragalgae
Malamar
Dedenne
Bergmite
Xerneas
Zygarde

M Mawile
M
Alakazam
M Blaziken
M
Gardevoir
(hated it at first but it grew on me.)
M
Scizor

ufo0272

Neo Member
I keep trying to battle online but I always get stomped. I haven't been ev breeding or training and I want to get into it, any tips?
I also asked a question earlier about how to get quick exp., any answers?

Caladrius

This gen has some really solid designs imo. My faves are Xerneas, Delphox, Aegislash, Noivern, Dragalge and Tyrantrum.

Holy cow, I thought I knew all of the megas now. I think the regular version looks cooler...

I love both versions.
Mega Scizor has a more explicit Japanese warrior motif that makes it look majestic without adding a ton of visual noise like some of the other megas do. That and electric chainsaw claws. Not a fan of the legs but otherwise I really like it.

Macka

I just asked in the spoiler thread but may as well ask here too: does anyone have Pokerus and can share the love? I think I'm going to develop carpal tunnel from all this super training tapping, need to start using horde battles to EV train methinks.

ufo0272

Neo Member
I just asked in the spoiler thread but may as well ask here too: does anyone have Pokerus and can share the love? I think I'm going to develop carpal tunnel from all this super training tapping, need to start using horde battles to EV train methinks.
I have it :)

Quest1

1. Heliolisk
2. Barbaracle
3. Hawlucha
4. Goomy
pls
5. Malamar (just discovered how awesome she can be)

I really, really like Heliolisk. My top 5 was basically my in-game team.

Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, Pyroar Male, Greninja, and Sylveon, (and MegaVenusaur just so I had a mega).

Im starting to fall out of love with Pyroar tho, he has such a bad movepool it seems.

Im currently building up my all-star/competitive team (good IVs, EV training, etc.) and then transferring to my other copy Y to play through with them. Heliolisk and Greninja are very close to becoming staples.

Top Bottom