• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

6th gen's music as a whole is really lame compared to last gen's.
Some tracks are great, but I'm not feeling most at all.
I think this gen has many hot tracks, but it is interesting to note that Gō Ichinose isn't credited for the OST this time - wonder what he's doing now...

I'll put my favorite tracks in a later post, though.

Caladrius

I loved the champion and Xerneas/Yveltal themes but I don't remember much else. (I don't pay attention to non-battle music so whatevs.)

It's an excellent soundtrack that feels a bit generic due to Kageyama's JRPG-soundtrack-fan syndrome (cannot tell the difference between Laverre and Kiloude based on music, they both sound a lot like Icirrus but French). Battle themes are a solid set, Adachi's doing many of the best tracks (Kalos Power Plant reigns king), and it's easily the best-sounding score in terms of sample quality. I wish Ichinose was involved with the game at all (still can't believe he's not even doing Pokémon cries this time)—his touch feels absent, that ability to craft tunes that both fit context and sound like they could have come out of the Pokémon world and its cultural arenas. Some of the tracks fans obsess over leave me either cold (Gym Leader) or indifferent (Sycamore), and some others I would consider overlooked (Geosenge Town, Anistar City, Victory Road).

This rearrange of Jubilife recorded with real instrumentation is pretty cool, too.

I think this gen has many hot tracks, but it is interesting to note that Gō Ichinose isn't credited for the OST this time - wonder what he's doing now.
Hopefully working as sound director on R/S/E remakes/sequels, but I'll mentally prepare myself by saying he's got a terminal illness.

DaBoss

While I feel like there is something missing in the soundtrack compared to Gen 5, Gen 6 has some REALLY good music. I have lots of favorites.

And the biggest thing is how nice it sounds. I played Black 2 a bit today to check something, and was shocked that the sound quality is so poor in comparison. I didn't remember the quality being that poor at all.

While I feel like there is something missing in the soundtrack compared to Gen 5, Gen 6 has some REALLY good music. I have lots of favorites.

And the biggest thing is how nice it sounds. I played Black 2 a bit today to check something, and was shocked that the sound quality is so poor in comparison. I didn't remember the quality being that poor at all.

Something feels off about a lot of the music, it is very clearly full of synth but trying to sound like it isn't a lot of times. I think it needs more actual instruments, not like they can't afford it.

I have a two part question for you.guys and gals. I was wondering if super training pokemon that I catch on the spot or get is a good idea to do. Or should I level them up and then super train them? Also is there more to do after super training that I can do or is that it?

Busaiku

I have a two part question for you.guys and gals. I was wondering if super training pokemon that I catch on the spot or get is a good idea to do. Or should I level them up and then super train them? Also is there more to do after super training that I can do or is that it?

It's worse to level them up and do Super Training, since you won't know which stats are getting boosted through standard leveling (unless you look it all up, and even then we don't know 6th gen EVs).
More Super Training stuff unlocks as you beat the lower levels.

It's worse to level them up and do Super Training, since you won't know which stats are getting boosted through standard leveling (unless you look it all up, and even then we don't know 6th gen EVs).
More Super Training stuff unlocks as you beat the lower levels.
Ok, so my time. wasn't wasted using super training in the beginning of the game. All I've been doing is that for my starter, torchic and some other random pokemon before heading to the first town.

Busaiku

Stupid Daycare Lady.
I just gave you my Pokemon.
You did not freaking go to the back, you didn't move an inch.
You have the gall to charge me $100 when you didn't move at all.
So are there many guides around for raising pokemons IV's EV's out yet. I'm considering picking the game up but i want to read a bit on raising pokemon first.
The best way to get ideal IVs is by catching lots of the Pokemon you want in the Friend Safari, if it's available. If it's not avilable, catch lots of Dittos from the Friend Safari.
Always have your trusty Destiny Knot, never, ever get rid of it. If you stupidly release a Pokemon with it (like myself), the game does have a 2nd, but that's it.

Friend Safari Pokemon are guaranteed to have 2 Perfect IVs, sometimes 3.
Keep breeding over and over until you get the stat(s) you want with the 2 Pokemon, then move onto the next stat(s).
Keep Destiny Knot on one of the 2 Pokemon you left in the Daycare, as that way you'll have 5 IVs transferred from the parents instead of 3.

If you want Natures to transfer, keep Everstone on the parent that has the Nature you want.

As far as EVs go, it's a lot simpler.
Just look at your Pokemon's base stats, see what it excels in and what you want to do with it, then pick 2.
Just pump those 2 to 252 (max in Super Training, or keep count if you're doing Hordes), and put 4 (6 remaining EVs, but the last 2 are useless) in another useful stat.
It's not always the case that you'll want 252 in 2 stats, sometimes it might be better to spread somethings out (like if you're trying to bulk something up, maybe you want to put some into HP and Def/Sp.Def), but 252 is usually the best way to go.

Busaiku

What are IVs?
Hidden values that increase the final stat total of your Pokemon.
Each stat has a maximum of 31 points, you can have all 6 stats at 31 IVs (though that might not always be ideal).
I kind of go back and forth. Super training is slow in the beginning but as you build up some stats, you can really power through those level 3 minigames.

That's why you do Core Training while your breeding to get those high level bags early on!

Toxi

Banned
I feel the same way, but on the other hand, I loved the 5th gen's music. Other than Humilau City, it was soooooo good.

A lot of the 6th gen's music feels kinda aimless. Even the evil organization grunt theme (usually at the top of my favorite soundtracks) was a bit of a letdown.

For those interested: I'm in the middle of editing the Pokémon Music Appreciation Thread. I really despise my old, flamboyant writing style—so much crap to gutter. Maybe I'm just my own worst critic, but there's only so much an OP needs to do to keep order in a thread.

For those interested: I'm in the middle of editing the Pokémon Music Appreciation Thread. I really despise my old, flamboyant writing style—so much crap to gutter. Maybe I'm just my own worst critic, but there's only so much an OP needs to do to keep order in a thread.

If the thread doesn't start with a link to the Moe Space Princess Champion theme from B2W2 you have failed.

Hey: anyone want to supply me with covers for B2/W2 and X/Y that have these dimensions and effects?

WtFiB.png

Andrex did the older ones, haven't seen anything new in here. I will add the B2/W2 Champion Theme if someone helps me out.

DigitalOp

Banned
Yo PokeGAF!

OK, So I need the best possible method to SPEED through PKMN Black. I mean pretty much SpeedRun to the post game as fast as possible...

I only have a Dewott and Pansage right now I think.... I have something else as well... Only at 2nd gym...

Why oh why did I restart... Im kicking myself for it but I needed to get Oshawatt to complete my starter collection...

I've been playing so much X that I totally forgot I need postgame White to transfer!!! I have all the starters from Gen 1 to 5 so I really need to have my ish together before December!!!

zroid

Banned
Still haven't bothered customizing my Furfrou (which has been in the PC since being caught). I guess I should give that a try.

Busaiku

I saw the episode of Kanto where Pidgeot leaves a couple of days ago.
I always used to think that Pidgeot wanted to stay around with the others and whatnot, but Ash told it he would come back for it.

He didn't release it, he freaking abandoned it.
Kanto Ash is the worst.

Firestorm

Don't worry about anything like this while playing through the game. One you finish the quest, then you can hunker down and start breeding / training your Pokemon for multiplayer.

My friend just wrote a great write for breeding: http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/breeding-perfect-pokemon-x-y/

Don't worry about anything like this while playing through the game. One you finish the quest, then you can hunker down and start breeding / training your Pokemon for multiplayer.

My friend just wrote a great write for breeding: http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/breeding-perfect-pokemon-x-y/
I have no clue as to what to do for breeding and training. I never looked into it cause I assumed it was a waste of time and only for tourny players. It's only now that I am able to start it thanks to super training.

Welp, I just did my homework and found part of the soundtrack from Game Freak's recent horse-derby-solitaire game. Well of course Ichinose did the music and sound for it!

He might have done some other work, too, but here's three tracks for now. It all sounds like him, and it all sounds great (he can take liberties this time, too, thanks to it being a horse-racing game).

ufo0272

Neo Member
Welp, I just did my homework and found part of the soundtrack from Game Freak's recent horse-derby-solitaire game. Well of course Ichinose did the music and sound for it!

He might have done some other work, too, but here's three tracks for now. It all sounds like him, and it all sounds great (he can take liberties this time, too, thanks to it being a horse-racing game).
what kind of homework is that? :p

zroid

Banned
Play-asia is selling those Gold Xerneas/Yveltal 3DS LLs right now, both the X bundle and Y bundle.

For you crazy importers. Not gonna lie, I would love to have one, just can't afford it at
$350+shipping

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So yeah, James caught an
Inkay

Also animation is still good. They really play up Relentlessbird's relentlessness. Ash is also competent still.

ALSO

WHO'S THAT POKEMON (CENTER ASSISTANT)?

IT'S
_________WIGGLITUFF
!

I saw the episode of Kanto where Pidgeot leaves a couple of days ago.
I always used to think that Pidgeot wanted to stay around with the others and whatnot, but Ash told it he would come back for it.

He didn't release it, he freaking abandoned it.
Kanto Ash is the worst.

Kanto Ash intended to come back. His future incarnations are just neglectful assholes.

And IV breeding is easier in theory. In practice it still absolutely sucks. It took me three hours to get a Froakie with Protean and just 2 of the right IV's, and then when I tried to catch Adamant Dittos with a Synchronize Ralts, it failed 11 times in a row.

Zeroth

Kanto Ash intended to come back. His future incarnations are just neglectful assholes.

And IV breeding is easier in theory. In practice it still absolutely sucks. It took me three hours to get a Froakie with Protean and just 2 of the right IV's, and then when I tried to catch Adamant Dittos with a Synchronize Ralts, it failed 11 times in a row.

I suggest looking for dittos with good IV sets first. Breeding is much easier if you use Dittos for IVs instead of natures.

Top Bottom