• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

And IV breeding is easier in theory. In practice it still absolutely sucks. It took me three hours to get a Froakie with Protean and just 2 of the right IV's, and then when I tried to catch Adamant Dittos with a Synchronize Ralts, it failed 11 times in a row.
I bred a pseudo-flawless Electrike in like an hour. :/ I already had a good male lined up, though. Goomy took me a while but that's because the cunt kept on trolling me.

EDIT: And why aren't you just catching female Frogadier with Protean? I can do that easily. You *are* using the Friend Safari, right? When people say IV Breeding is much easier we're saying that under the assumption you are properly utilizing the Friend Safari.

EDIT2: But yeah, your luck sucks. But in practice it's waaaay better than before. :/

I suggest looking for dittos with good IV sets first. Breeding is much easier if you use Dittos for IVs instead of natures.

I WAS using Ditto. I've caught probably 30 and maybe 1 of them had more than 2 perfect IV's (Attack, Defense, and Special Defense). And after the "Synchronize doesn't mean shit" incident I'm not really seeing any compelling reason to keep this up.

I WAS using Ditto. I've caught probably 30 and maybe 1 of them had more than 2 perfect IV's (Attack, Defense, and Special Defense). And after the "Synchronize doesn't mean shit" incident I'm not really seeing any compelling reason to keep this up.
I don't even use Ditto for IVs. ;P I just use my current breeding stock to breed a 5 max IV male in the appropriate egg group. While this sometimes mean breeding 2 Pokemon just to get 1 I find it to be faster overall. I only use Ditto for nature.

I don't even use Ditto for IVs. ;P I just use my current breeding stock to breed a 5 max IV male in the appropriate egg group. While this sometimes mean breeding 2 Pokemon just to get 1 I find it to be faster overall. I only use Ditto for nature.

That doesn't help. I'm still going to spend hours hoping for a perfect IV male, only for the breeding to consistently give me shit like "Sp. Def and Attack" even when I breed that one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Go home Spinda, you're drink
FWHXnif.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Let me guess, Ash is going to capture Dedenne? :/

No it's for Clemont (well, Bonnie, but Clemont holds Bonnie's mons).

Actually despite Ash losing the gym it seems to be a really hard fight, with shit like Surskit turning the whole arena into ice.

Heh, I laughed when I ran into a Spinda hoard. Loada drunks.

You'll stop laughing when they decide to spam Hypnosis.

Anyway, sticking the pre-order Yveltal sticker on the laptop's lid was the shortest-sighted move that I've done. I, for some reason, decided that it would be a good idea to attempt to move the sticker to somewhere else.

I'm now one sticker less.

zroid

Banned
Actually liked the first two eps of XY anime. I mean yeah it was bad, but I dunno, somehow enjoyable. For now, at least.

I think I'm just getting caught up in PokéFever.

Caladrius

I haven't even started Y up yet. (I am debating with myself whether or not I want to start breeding or just EV train any specimen of whatever pokemon I want to use in Y and rip through that.)

Zeroth

I haven't even started Y up yet. (I am debating with myself whether or not I want to start breeding or just EV train any specimen of whatever pokemon I want to use in Y and rip through that.)

I believe the right choice is to give me all your X-exclusive mega evolution stones and I'll send you a hug via GTS.

Caladrius

I believe the right choice is to give me all your X-exclusive mega evolution stones and I'll send you a hug via GTS.

That could be arranged, not today because I'm still missing the
manectr
ite and am very tired, but I can do it tomorrow night or later.

Caladrius

That would be wonderful. I can come up with something to repay you once the PokeBank is online.

The only thing I would want in particular in exchange would be a protean froakie (I don't give a rat's ass about how many perfect IV's it has. I'm just having trouble finding any prokieans period because the poor gits that have them in their safaris keep getting swarmed with friend requests before I can bite.)

Otherwise don't worry too much about any sort of repayment. I regularly replay the games for extra legendaries/unique pokemon anyway, and pokebank trivializes the transfer process that's required to restart. (And thank Arceusatina because I have a living pokedex in White 2 that I would have to trade off before I can get another Reshiram.)

Zeroth

The only thing I would want in particular in exchange would be a protean froakie (I don't give a rat's ass about how many perfect IV's it has. I'm just having trouble finding any prokieans period because the poor gits that have them in their safaris keep getting swarmed with friend requests before I can bite.)

Otherwise don't worry too much about any sort of repayment. I regularly replay the games for extra legendaries/unique pokemon anyway, and pokebank trivializes the transfer process that's required to restart. (And thank Arceusatina because I have a living pokedex in White 2 that I would have to trade off before I can get another Reshiram.)

A Protean Froakie with 5 perfect IVs is alright by me, I already have one that I just need to breed for the right nature. Do you have any nature in mind?

Watching some vids of Pokémon Snap reminds me that a spiritual sequel set on the Sevii Islands would rip and tear. Guy or girl Pokémon photographer stays throughout the year to free-roam and uncover Pokémon from every region hiding in relatively ideal biomes!

—Funny how I liked Hey You, Pikachu! as a bitty boy. Snap at least has some decent score-attack replayability and Prof. Oak inexplicably on vacation hiring a college graduate to shoot picture books.

qq more

Flareon is the answer to the Fairy overlords.
All other Eevee evolutions must bow.

RIP in Peace Sylveon
Good... you have seen the light! One more recruitment for my anti-ribbon army!

The ribbons can be discarded only by the fae, they corrupt all that they touch, after all.
dang it

i hav no choice but to fite u

I'll remove my ribbon the day qq more dons one
I will never join your side! I know the horrible truth about those ribbons and I shall exterminate all of it!

Watching some vids of Pokémon Snap reminds me that a spiritual sequel set on the Sevii Islands would rip and tear. Guy or girl Pokémon photographer stays throughout the year to free-roam and uncover Pokémon from every region hiding in relatively ideal biomes!

—Funny how I liked Hey You, Pikachu! as a bitty boy. Snap at least has some decent score-attack replayability and Prof. Oak inexplicably on vacation hiring a college graduate to shoot picture books.

why hasnt snap 2 been done yet is beyond me

Top Bottom