• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Why is Wailord so small?

mP7jWCB.jpg

Why is Wailord so small?

The "projectile vs projectile while pokemodels dance in the background" thing they're doing to get the 3D working right is probably the reason. That and the little battle platform circle things probably have to be the same distance away regardless of what Pokemon are on them.

EDIT: To clarify, the reason we don't see actual "hits" being performed by Pokemon, even for special attacks, is because it'd be impossible to render that amount of data in a practical fashion. While some Pokemon have similar shapes that could be used to share hitboxes, you're still looking at roughly 200-500 Pokemon body types to take into account using attacks with various body parts against 200-500 Pokemon body types and then you also have to keep in mind Pokemon movesets, additional flourishes for critical hits or things like Protect...

zroid

Banned
I actually just compared Sylveon's and Flareon's movesets for the heck of it... (admittedly they might be incomplete for gen 6).

Despite the Fairy resistance, the only supereffective move Flareon has against Sylveon is Smog. Sylveon has Dig.

Busaiku

Whimsicott is part Fairy.
Faries have won and it feels great.
I actually just compared Sylveon's and Flareon's movesets for the heck of it... (admittedly they might be incomplete for gen 6).

Despite the Fairy resistance, the only supereffective move Flareon has against Sylveon is Smog. Sylveon has Dig.
Guts Flare Blitz and Sylveon is done.
A Dig from Sylveon isn't gonna do much.

qq more

Um uh

which one is more powerful, taking stats in mind

Caladrius

...By fairies I mean it resists Sylveons and its ribbons! Azumarill isn't part of the Sylveon army, it lacks bows/ribbons.

Sylveon is but one of our generals. We occur within all corners of nature. The bows that adorn it are instruments to facilitate corruption. Just as a bow transformed an eevee into a fairy, so too has it proliferated amongst the members of this forum and transformed them into the fae

Sylveon was the first of us man bore witness to, but we have always existed, waiting to reveal our natures to the world. You need only gaze upon the creator to find that proof.

Caladrius

Sylveon is primarily a bulky special attacker in the vain of Vaporeon, only without the weather abuse capabilities. It might find some use in RU, considering most of the steel types are in Underused and above.

tauroxd

So... I'm looking for a Chespin and a Fennekin, no specific stuff about them, just the Pokémon. I have a couple of Charmander and Froakies and other Pokémon you would like to have.

My FC is: 5069 - 4038 - 8325

Send me a PM if you add me.

I would like other starters too, but for now I want those too I mentioned above.

Thanks.

So, how many (essentially) perfect babies have you gotten so far in Pokémon X and/or Y? (By essentially perfect, I mean 31 in all but dump stats)

Right now I have three Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat; two are in Day Care, while the remaining one is in the main team.

So, how many (essentially) perfect babies have you gotten so far in Pokémon X and/or Y? (By essentially perfect, I mean 31 in all but dump stats)

Right now I have three Timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 Noibat; two are in Day Care, while the remaining one is in the main team.

I have a perfect Walrein and a perfect Clefable that I raised from eggs.

vareon

I have no idea why, but playing Pokemon X made me realized that Gen 3 was my most memorable Pokemon experience despite it's the shortest I played because I lost my save exactly after Elite Four was defated. I remember all my hall of fame teams, two of my favorite Pokemon are from this generation, I have a Blaziken TCG deck, and I find myself missing some of Gen 3's features like the Contest and secret bases.

MegaMelon

I finally got a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Charmander :3 Hasty nature over timid, just cause the difference is minimal and to screw with download users.

Busaiku

Goodra (Modest), Gardevoir (Timid), Mawile (Adamant), Pikachu (Timid), Carbink (Bold), and now Eevee (Adamant).
Might do Klefki next, but that should be it until Whimsicott.

Zeroth

I have no idea why, but playing Pokemon X made me realized that Gen 3 was my most memorable Pokemon experience despite it's the shortest I played because I lost my save exactly after Elite Four was defated. I remember all my hall of fame teams, two of my favorite Pokemon are from this generation, I have a Blaziken TCG deck, and I find myself missing some of Gen 3's features like the Contest and secret bases.

Just wait a bit more and you can play it again :)

Zeroth

Real talk now: The RS remakes
are going to happen
. On the items page for XY in Serebii, there are 5 scarf items
that increase one's contest ratings. They were first introduced in Gen 3, so you could argue they are there because they expected players to import them.... but pokebank pokemons can't hold items, which also means you can't transfer XY items over to the next gen, so we can expect RS remakes in this gen.

Real talk now: The RS remakes
are going to happen
. On the items page for XY in Serebii, there are 5 scarf items
that increase one's contest ratings. They were first introduced in Gen 3, so you could argue they are there because they expected players to import them.... but pokebank pokemons can't hold items, which also means you can't transfer XY items over to the next gen, so we can expect RS remakes in this gen.

They are also in Gen V and served no purpose there.

Zeroth

A.No we didn't
B.Judging by a lot of things in Gen V I think it is very likely that they planned to do Gen III remakes in Gen V but ended up not making them to focus on X and Y.

Anyone who expected a remake on a generation that was clearly going to be the shortest one was insane.
With all due respect.

Anyone who expected a remake on a generation that was clearly going to be the shortest one was insane.
With all due respect.

They could have done one more Gen V movie with alternate formed versions of Groudon and Kyogre and made the Gen last one more year.
Also Gen II is the shortest.

Zeroth

They could have done one more Gen V movie with alternate formed versions of Groudon and Kyogre and made the Gen last one more year.
Also Gen II is the shortest.

They could, but they had to do the hardware jump sooner rather than later (the 3DS came out in 2011), and cross-platform generations would be insane.

Indeed, by one month.

They could, but they had to do the hardware jump sooner rather than later (the 3DS came out in 2011), and cross-platform generations would be insane.

Exactly, I think during the development of Black and White they planned for Hoenn remakes which is why all that Hoenn stuff that serves no purpose is there, but then after launch they realized they didn't have time to do Hoenn remakes in Gen V.

zroid

Banned
Went to Toys R Us and EB Games yesterday to try and score some XY plushies, but they didn't have jack squat. :(

TRU even advertised XY plushies in their flyer! Jerks. The only relevant thing I found was a two-figure set of Pikachu and Yveltal at EB for $16. The Yveltal figure was cool, but I didn't want Pikachu, and I really would've preferred plushies over figures. Gonna have to wait, I guess...

Top Bottom