• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Something I found in pixiv

awJAJvu.gif

And they finally explained why the first Gym can be defeated by a Level 8 Pokemon!
I was positively surprised by that. It was a nice explanation to why the gym leaders were always at the same level or slightly above yours. Makes me hope for a gen where we can fight Gym Leaders in our own order.

It's like you guys never played BW2 or something. BW2 made that canon years before The Origin!

omfg the cruel irony

The designer who designed Stoutland (who has been my avatar earlier this year and also one of my top favorite Pokemon) designed freaking Sylveon

oh

my
goddslg;sgl;
gsdgiksdgksldsdklgsdklsdggsf

It's fate.

Now I'm curious who designed who.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Operation Don't Fall Asleep is a lot harder to pull off while paying attention in BW2.

I don't like The Origins but that doesn't mean I don't know the details of the show. And it pretty much is BW2 Cheren's plot point early on.

But oh well, better late than never.

It's difficult to know if it's really one person's whole work or a collaborative effort half the time. I plain don't bother trying to discern different design styles and such—much more difficult than with Pokémon music, it seems.

Which pokemon did James Turner do? I know he did the Golurk and Vanilluxe lines but that's about it.
Well, if it helps, here's the list of people credited under Pokemon/graphic design, by gen and first game pair (updated for XY):
Code:
Name			G1	G2	G3	G4	G5	G6
Ken Sugimori		Y	Y	Y	Y	Y	Y
Atsuko Nishida		Y	Y	Y	Y	Y	Y
Motofumi Fujiwara	Y	Y	Y	Y	Y	Y
Hironobu Yoshida	-	Y	Y	Y	Y	Y
Tetsuya Watanabe	-	Y	-	-	-	-
Satoshi Ōta		-	Y	Y	Y	-	-
Shigeki Morimoto	Y	Y	Y	-	-	-
Jun Okutani		-	Y	Y	-	-	-
Asuka Iwashita		-	Y	Y	-	-	-
Muneo Saitō		-	Y	Y	-	-	-
Rena Yoshikawa		-	Y	Y	-	-	-
Aimi Tomita		-	-	Y	-	-	-
Kanako Eo		-	-	Y	Y	-	Y
Takao Unno		-	-	Y	Y	Y	Y
Kenkichi Toyama		-	-	-	Y	Y	Y
Hiroki Fuchino		-	-	-	Y	Y	Y
Yūsuke Ōmura		-	-	-	Y	Y	Y
Hiroyuki Yagi		-	-	-	Y	-	-
Emi Yoshida		-	-	-	Y	-	-
Hiroyuki Gotō		-	-	-	Y	-	-
Saya Tsuruta		-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Lee HyunJung		-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Mana Ibe		-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Reiko Tanoue		-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Tomohiro Kitakaze	-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Maiko Fujiwara		-	-	-	-	Y	-
Megumi Mizutani		-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Tomohiko Ōkubo		-	-	-	-	Y	-
James Turner		-	-	-	-	Y	Y
Keiko Moritsugu		-	-	-	-	Y	-
Yuki Kawamoto		-	-	-	-	-	Y
Maya Otani		-	-	-	-	-	Y
Hitoshi Ariga		-	-	-	-	-	Y

And of the ones known (going by Bulbapedia, and some other posts):

Ken Sugimori
--Heatmor
--Xerneas/Yveltal (w/ Yūsuke Ōmura)

Hironobu Yoshida
--Wobbufett
--Deoxys
--Celebi
--Dunsparce
--Magmortar

James Turner
--Vullaby
--Mandibuzz
--Golett
--Golurk
--Vanillite
--Vanillish
--Vanilluxe

Lee HyunJung (presumably the Korean designer)
--Tepig
--Pignite
--Emboar

Atsuko Nishida (only female member of core team)
--Pikachu
--Minccino
--Lillipup (or Ibe?)
--Herdier
--Stoutland (her favorite)
--Sylveon

Mana Ibe
--Victini
--Klefki

Yūsuke Ōmura
--Piplup
--Oshawott

Reiko Tagami
--Snivy
--Pidove
--Sewaddle

Hitoshi Ariga
--Pangoro
--Inkay
--Malamar
--Honedge
--Doublade
--Aegislash
--Tyrunt
--Tyrantrum
--Amaura
--Aurorus

@ RSE Braille: the manual didn't come with a braille guide. The first piece of braille text you can read lists the alphabet in order which you can use as a translator.

-Horizon-

Well based on those supposed leaks

Volcanion is pretty cool (lol Volcarona, so many volcano pokemon recently) and whose bright idea was it to have Mega Latios and Latias be almost the exact same color?

Caladrius

Well based on those supposed leaks

Volcanion is pretty cool (lol Volcarona, so many volcano pokemon recently) and whose bright idea was it to have Mega Latios and Latias be almost the exact same color?

I think Volcanion might actually be a sort of hydrogen fusion reactor. (That's the only way I can make sense of the fact a fire/water type has what looks like a particle accelerator on its back.) I think the point of Megal@s was to hammer in the fact that they're ultimately the same species, no matter how striking the sexual dimorphism.
BUT ENOUGH SPOILER TALK

I wish I had a pet carbink.

-Horizon-

It's like you hate the cute things in life qq :/

I think Volcanion might actually be a sort of hydrogen fusion reactor. (That's the only way I can make sense of the fact a fire/water type has what looks like a particle accelerator on its back.) I think the point of Megal@s was to hammer in the fact that they're ultimately the same species, no matter how striking the sexual dimorphism.
BUT ENOUGH SPOILER TALK

I wish I had a pet carbink.
Ohhh I like this theory for
Volcanion

Caladrius

no no i just grew my mustache

im a fast mustache grower ya know

The real qq wouldn't make excuses, he'd be reveling in this and threatening to destroy us all while twirling his NON-EXISTENT mustache!.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

BRING. ME. THE. INTERROGATOR!

That's so moe

Hmm... true. BUT STILL: WE NEED OUR ACE TO DISCERN HIS TRUE NATURE.

Top Bottom