• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

Cynthia Returns: Pokemon Community Thread 3 4
I think we should keep that for the Gen 5 thread lol

bKkndEE.gif
Just too cute

injurai

Banned
Well, thats gonna be interesting to see what you end up with Caladrious lol

What you got in mind?

I know i announced this in the PokeOT but im seriously considering getting something else. I want a fresh experience for a fresh console. Maybe SMTIV or FE:A then I'll pick up Y over the holidays.

Get Kid Icarus: Uprising. It's the best game available on the 3DS and will likely remain the best game for the console's lifespan.

Ace Attorney 5 is another can't-go-wrong purchase if you've played the other games in the series. If you haven't, just go pick those up and then you can thank me later ;)

-Horizon-

Definitely get Fire Emblem. Then we can go talk waifus/husbandos and stuff in the OT lol

Seriously though, Fire Emblem is an amazing game.

qq more

Animal Crossing New Leaf remains my favorite 3DS title. Kid Icarus Uprising is great, but I feel it is also flawed in some aspects. But I really recommend it too.

I need to play more Ace Attorney 5 haha... Ace Attorney is actually one of my favorite games, surprised I haven't been playing it much lately.

Definitely get Fire Emblem. Then we can go talk waifus/husbandos and stuff in the OT lol

rip Fire Emblem's dignity

Busaiku

Get Kid Icarus Uprising.
Shin Megami Tensei IV and Animal Crossing New Leaf're great too.
Fire Emblem Awakening's weaker than those.

-Horizon-

Why you gotta be like that qq?

And for me New Leaf is a hard game to recommend because YMMV. I mean I like it but I don't think its amazing. Others really enjoy the whole customizing and buying and selling stuff and whatnot. Some will find it tedious and monotonous.
Open games like this are not really my thing.

injurai

Banned
Pokemon/AA5 on the backburner until the holidays.
New Leaf, Kid Icarus I have no interest in.

I want Bravely Default more than anything but thats 3 months off >.<
Right now I'm trying to pick between FE:A and SMTIV.

this is all very off topic, but I trust the tastes in this thread... I think :p

I trust your taste with a Cowboy Bebop avatar.

Personally, I didn't really like either. SMT IV was fun, but I felt it got boring, and FE:A was a just a borefest for me, also a little to difficult for my taste.

If any, I would get SMT IV.

Caladrius

Fire emblem is a lot more accessible, but it all boils down to whether or not you like Turn based strategy or JRPGs more. The two are both fine games.

-Horizon-

SMT4 has a much steeper learning curve, you will die repeatedly, the tutorial does not joke around even if you are prepared.

FE:A takes it easier for newcomers, there are still difficulty options if you want a challenge.

Both games have their moments where you will curse the RNG.

injurai

Banned
The only thing holding me back on FE:A is the lack of an explorable world, which is sort of what I'm craving right now.

Maybe I should just get OoT3D since I've never played it. Or maybe EO4. I would be less indecisive if I had more free time. >.<

I guess ultimately the most compelling story will drive me to keep playing.

-Horizon-

Have not played Ocarina though I do have Majora's Mask on my Wii (haven't played it though lol)

I have played the EO4 demo and did enjoy it. Though I would have liked to see my characters rather than have it be first person. But hey, that's a dungeon crawler for you.

Caladrius

I caught my first ever shiny without RNG in the Safari today! It even has its hidden ability!

It's a Gyarados.

That's modest

With Max IVs in both defenses.

T_T

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
IT'S EEJISLASH FROM EEJIS *huff puff*

Also I must say, the quality of the anime is still strong. Ash
losing
is very believable

injurai

Banned
My speakers may be busted on my 3DS... really sucks. But I noticed it when playing the Dream Team Demo. In the Normal World level whatever music was playing was doing something to the speakers.

Its that sort of tin sound when you drive the speakers too loud, but it was happening instead more when I had the speakers low. Which makes me think they are just busted. I think it was also the lower frequencies causing the awful effects, as I think the higher frequencies mask it when turning up the volume.

I've heard complaints over the speakers. Mine seem incredibly load which some have said isn't the case for them. But mine are really loud and for at least Dream Team have some awful distortion.

I may return it, if any of you are feeling helpful you might want to play that part of the demo and let me know how your mileage varies. This is an XL btw.

Top Bottom