• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

tumblr_mh5m17pzzf1qaven0o1_500.gif

Serpy gonna be Serpy.

Caladrius

no no, its resolutionresolutionreviewreviewsnintendoomedreviewsreviews

and hey, you have Giratina back :3

Ah, of course.

I will probably be changing avatars to many other kawaii things this week before I might possibly have to go through with the results of an avatar bet.

I've already lost the bet but I don't know if the person I bet against is still going to go through with dishing out the punishment.

-Horizon-

Ah, of course.

I will probably be changing avatars to many other kawaii things this week before I might possibly have to go through with the results of an avatar bet.

I've already lost the bet but I don't know if the person I bet against is still going to go through with dishing out the punishment.

I eagerly await to see the changes this week lol :3

FSLink

Banned
Am I the only one who found the X/Y OST a little underwhelming? Then again, topping BW was an insurmountable task.

I really like the OST overall, but man, not having the Pokemon main theme play on the Gym Leader's last Pokemon still is really disappointing.

Am I the only one who found the X/Y OST a little underwhelming? Then again, topping BW was an insurmountable task.
Not if you ask me: B/W's OST has flaws here and there, and the soundfont can always use improvement. But yeah, X/Y's a genuine disappointment, mainly because it makes an obvious fix (sample quality and diversity) and then fails to apply itself to more interesting music.

I'd bump the music thread for this, but PS4 launch.

I just finished watching the first episode of Origins in English, and the dub was surprisingly decent (much better than the Black and White 2 animated trailer dub). I just wish there were credits for the first episode so we'd know all the voice actors. I can't quite put my finger on a few of them.

I want to say Red was voiced by Bryce Papenbrook, but his voice was way less raspy than I remembered it being in Tales of Graces.

Brock sounded like Johnny Yong Bosch, but again I'm not certain.

I had no clue about who Oak could be until the final scene, where he sounded a lot like Travis Willingham.

As for Blue, I have absolutely no idea.

I'm probably wrong about most of those guesses, but either way I think the dub is pretty good. I'd definitely get an English Blu-Ray release.

EDIT: I was way off about Oak. Kyle Hebert voiced him. Bryce also confirmed he voiced Red.

Keyouta

Not if you ask me: B/W's OST has flaws here and there, and the soundfont can always use improvement. But yeah, X/Y's a genuine disappointment, mainly because it makes an obvious fix (sample quality and diversity) and then fails to apply itself to more interesting music.

I'd bump the music thread for this, but PS4 launch.

I found the team flare music grating. It just sounded really bad to me. Not memorable. As you said, it's a disappointment. Some great tracks, but overall the music is a step down. I expected more with the 3DS' greater sound range and quality.

CorvoSol

Guys I need a good way of quickly catching a lot of Pokemon in Gen 5.2. I found out there's no Safari Zone but I need to fill some boxes so I can transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 en masse to Gen 5.2

TrueBlue

I just finished watching the first episode of Origins in English, and the dub was surprisingly decent (much better than the Black and White 2 animated trailer dub). I just wish there were credits for the first episode so we'd know all the voice actors. I can't quite put my finger on a few of them.

I want to say Red was voiced by Bryce Papenbrook, but his voice was way less raspy than I remembered it being in Tales of Graces.

Brock sounded like Johnny Yong Bosch, but again I'm not certain.

I had no clue about who Oak could be until the final scene, where he sounded a lot like Travis Willingham.

As for Blue, I have absolutely no idea.

I'm probably wrong about most of those guesses, but either way I think the dub is pretty good. I'd definitely get an English Blu-Ray release.

EDIT: I was way off about Oak. Kyle Hebert voiced him. Bryce also confirmed he voiced Red.

Hearing JYB as Brock was surreal, and awesome.

Though to be honest, I'm surprised to see names like JYB and Kyle Hebert even being involved at all. That's quite the step up from the usual fare.

I found the team flare music grating. It just sounded really bad to me. Not memorable. As you said, it's a disappointment. Some great tracks, but overall the music is a step down. I expected more with the 3DS' greater sound range and quality.
The Team Flare stuff sounds great to me; it's the Kageyama factor here that's worrying, especially since Adachi's superior. Then again, Adachi did the Team Flare stuff, and not everyone likes that.

Busaiku

This is kinda why I like Ash's story more than Red's, and hate the episodes where he faces the evil organization and the movies.
Ash isn't about to change the world or anything, outside of those events, and it really takes me out of the experience.

Yes, that's what we're doing in the games, but since we can do other stuff, it never feels like we're changing the world.
I mean life goes on after we beat the game.

Busaiku

Red: Bryce Papenbrook
Blue: Lucien Dodge
Prof. Oak: Kyle Hebert
Brock: Johnny Yong Bosch
Red's mom: Laura Post
Gym Lass and Nidoran male: Cristina Vee

Hearing JYB as Brock was surreal, and awesome.

Though to be honest, I'm surprised to see names like JYB and Kyle Hebert even being involved at all. That's quite the step up from the usual fare.

It looks like Origins was dubbed at a different studio compared to where the normal anime is hence the different pool of voice actors they used.

First Red's voiced by Naruto and now Brock's done by The Bosch. Awright.

What were you gonna say about the music, Chet?

Black and White are the ones with the extremely annoying low health song, so I think X and Y are the clear winners, not to mention the champion song completely blows BW's out of the water.

Growlie19

Black and White are the ones with the extremely annoying low health song, so I think X and Y are the clear winners, not to mention the champion song completely blows BW's out of the water.

On the critical health theme: at first, I thought it was cool that they changed the annoying beeps to a little tune. Then it got annoying after the third time. I'm glad they changed it to 4 quick beeps in XY.

I think the overworld themes are much improved over Black and White, but certain battle themes seemed slightly underwhelming, like the Wild theme. Overall, I still like XY's soundtrack more than BW's.

spiritfox

But B/W has the Gym Leader last Pokemon theme, and that's the best battle theme ever. X/Y is miles better in terms of overworld though.

I definitely don't like that track as much as I used to.

But B/W has the Gym Leader last Pokemon theme, and that's the best battle theme ever. X/Y is miles better in terms of overworld though.
We talking route music and/or town themes? Come on people, Lumiose City doesn't sound any better or interesting than Lacunosa Town. And Snowpoint > Snowbelle, too. Me and my alliteration...

Top Bottom