• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

spiritfox

I definitely don't like that track as much as I used to.

We talking route music and/or town themes? Come on people, Lumiose City doesn't sound any better or interesting than Lacunosa Town. And Snowpoint > Snowbelle, too. Me and my alliteration...

Mostly the route themes, but I really like the later town themes, especially Snowbelle, which is better than Snowpoint IMHO.

DaBoss

The red HP music was cool at first, and then got annoying as time passed by, but I still find it better than constant beeping. X/Y's solution is the best however.

Mostly the route themes, but I really like the later town themes, especially Snowbelle, which is better than Snowpoint IMHO.
Alright.

I'm noticing how much more detailed criticism there is of this soundtrack than there is appraisal. X/Y's score definitely sounds the most accessible in terms of what people expect from modern game systems, mainly in terms of fidelity. It's got a larger library of sounds and styles to it than, say, the music for RSE, which has to deal with limited sounds and, thus, a great emphasis on overall composition. I think that's allowed Kageyama to stay lazy and mostly within his comfort zone, but piano ballads and string-oriented pieces sell well for new Pokémon fans.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, people hating on Origins dub? They actually sound good.

We talking route music and/or town themes? Come on people, Lumiose City doesn't sound any better or interesting than Lacunosa Town. And Snowpoint > Snowbelle, too. Me and my alliteration...

I disagree, I like those two more than Snowpoint and Lacunosa.

If it can stay somewhat consistently half-decent after the leap in quality that was Origins, than dayum.

Origins is a different thing than the anime. It's an OVA unrelated to the anime series, and the only low points of the anime were Orange, filler-hell Sinnoh, Johto and Unova.

With that said they're all shit compared to the games.

Guys I need a good way of quickly catching a lot of Pokemon in Gen 5.2. I found out there's no Safari Zone but I need to fill some boxes so I can transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 en masse to Gen 5.2

Sadly you have to rely on DW for that

XKex0a6.jpg

http://bluekomadori.tumblr.com/post/67150152478

-Horizon-

Got the same message, ended up just watching it online on the Pokemon website instead. Not sure wtf is up with it.

Yeah, just went to watch it on their website too.

I liked it, voice acting was nice too. Although the TM scene kind of cracks me up.
All I'm thinking is "Where do I insert this into my pokemon?"

Boss Doggie

I don't want realistic goodra ;_;

Also Zygarde is weird in amie. Has no face so it does that glowy thing.
Also

1384720756288xmd8h.gif

Busaiku

Dang, the Lavender Town episode was really bad.
It felt so rushed and just all over the place.

Also, Misty's design was freaky.

Boss Doggie

Guess which fairy is appearing in the anime!

Hey qq moe~

I don't remember the anime having storyboards this well thought out.

XY anime quality will eventually dip, I'm just enjoying the ride while it's still quality (and it's heads and shoulders above Unova and even Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh).

Stuff like this is why we never see some of the starters evolved in the animes. They just end up losing their charm.

I'm pretty sure there'd be people wanting to see Braixen do that.

Top Bottom