• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
POKéBOMB: I found the new Walgreens Exclusive Therian Formes packs. I can't believe this is a thing, but Tomy was really proud to announce this on FB.

7EV0ULA.png

-Horizon-

Hence its Japanese name is Kaiorga - "great orca". Should've kept that name in its translated release.

:O

Horizon's mind blown moment continues!

POKéBOMB: I found the new Walgreens Exclusive Therian Formes packs. I can't believe this is a thing, but Tomy was really proud to announce this on FB.

7EV0ULA.png

So what exactly is this? It says pokedex ID tags on it but...what do you do with it? Is it some NFC thing for the Wii U?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So what exactly is this? It says pokedex ID tags on it but...what do you do with it? Is it some NFC thing for the Wii U?

You wish. It's for the goofy new Pokedex for display purposes.

I'm so glad we're getting the actual Tomy figures now. The tyrannous reign of Jakks Pacific is finally over!

I wish it was that cool too. :(

zroid

Banned
I saw a cool articulating Xerneas figure at Target the other day. I was tempted, but I just don't want a figure that much. Really would prefer a plushie.

Smilax

I decided to get into the TCG again. I haven't played it since I was younger, but after playing Magic for awhile and realizing that Pokemon has a higher value to me because of the online codes and I have more people that play Pokemon with, thought it might be pretty fun to do. How do you guys feel about the TCG? Pretty fun? How about the Online?

Busaiku

Ugh, Origins bugged me to no end.

Sticking just to Red/Blue now, when there're more than 150 Pokemon, just makes Professor Oak seem like the stupidest researcher ever.
They even acknowledged Kalso, and of course there's Mega Charizard X in there.

That's even beyond all its other problems, like Red being an idiot even on the 8th gym, general pacing issues, and so on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ugh, Origins bugged me to no end.

Sticking just to Red/Blue now, when there're more than 150 Pokemon, just makes Professor Oak seem like the stupidest researcher ever.
They even acknowledged Kalso, and of course there's Mega Charizard X in there.

That's even beyond all its other problems, like Red being an idiot even on the 8th gym, general pacing issues, and so on.

It's only 4 episodes. Can't expect too much from it.

Busaiku

People have done much better with 4 episodes (about 80 minutes in this case).
I definitely could have expected more.

But beyond pacing, a lot of the problems would still stick.
Like Red being an idiot, or Professor Oak being worthless at his job, or Giovanni's stupid new leaf, and so on.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
People have done much better with 4 episodes (about 80 minutes in this case).
I definitely could have expected more.

But beyond pacing, a lot of the problems would still stick.
Like Red being an idiot, or Professor Oak being worthless at his job, or Giovanni's stupid new leaf, and so on.
Well, imo, they really captured what Pokemon was about in those 4 episodes.

Triple Battles in the Battle Maison can be fun. It's much more interesting when you start thinking about things that you will never do in Single Battles.

Getting so much BP feels criminal.

So apparently while drunk on saturday I acquired a 4iv larvitar for a venipede, a modest japanese charmander w dragon dance and outrage as egg moves for a crapmon, and a 5iv marrill for a second venipede, AND made a promise to breed some mawiles because my friends are jealous of the 4iv monstrosity that gaf hooked me up with that obliterated them.

Drunk pokemon trades. Like christmas presents from my past self.

Firestorm

Is that only in Japan?

http://pkmncards.com/?s=e:legendary-treasures&display=scan&sort=number

This set has a lot of awesome artwork. Love the Charizard.

charizard-legendary-treasures-ltr-19.jpg

It also has ridiculous pull rates for holographic cards due to how they included the Shiny Collection. As it's a reprint set, most older competitive player don't like it as it's cards they already have but if you're new to the game it's a great set to jump in with for the same reason. Lots of good staples in there.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I heard many of the card art there are "sets" like that Emboar. Like there's one involving Trubbish, Manaphy and Empoleon.

coopolon

Does someone who has a real pokemon firered or leafgreen tell me if it tells you "Save file is ok" every time you boot it up?

Pretty sure this copy is a fake but want to be sure before accusing seller and asking for a refund.

backlot

I heard many of the card art there are "sets" like that Emboar. Like there's one involving Trubbish, Manaphy and Empoleon.

Does someone who has a real pokemon firered or leafgreen tell me if it tells you "Save file is ok" every time you boot it up?

Pretty sure this copy is a fake but want to be sure before accusing seller and asking for a refund.
There are other signs you might want to look for to figure out if it's fake. My games don't show that message though.

At this point that's no longer a good way to tell if the game is fake. That message shows up if the internal battery is either dead or not properly installed. The easiest way to tell at this point is the cartridge itself, because despite there being thousands of fakes out there they've never really gotten the colors of the plastic or labels down right.

But if that message is just saying "The save is okay" and not "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur," you can probably make a safe bet that they used a modified ROM for it.

coopolon

At this point that's no longer a good way to tell if the game is fake. That message shows up if the internal battery is either dead or not properly installed. The easiest way to tell at this point is the cartridge itself, because despite there being thousands of fakes out there they've never really gotten the colors of the plastic or labels down right.

But if that message is just saying "The save is okay" and not "The internal battery has run dry. The game can still be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur," you can probably make a safe bet that they used a modified ROM for it.

Yah, it's just saying the save is ok, not saying anything about battery running dry. Also, the plastic is see through red (like for pokemon ruby) and I think it's supposed to be opaque for firered.

I don't have the right screw driver to open it up, I know that's the best way to tell. I should have never have bought from ebay, the seller was in CA and had good feedback for other gba games so I figured I was okay.

Also the label isn't holographic. I guess I could try importing into soulsilver to see if that screws up too.

Should look like this:

If not, totally fake. It probably wasn't the seller's intent to trick you. A few years back, both of the Gamestops within driving distance had at least three fake Pokemon games at a time. They were completely unaware of it until I brought mine in and showed them the difference. It's a shame this became so widespread, but maybe if they still weren't charging $35 for used Pokemon carts in 2010 this wouldn't have happened.

If you try doing anything with Soul Silver something will most likely fail. The common one I've seen is the 4th gen game not recognizing the GBA game, but I've also seen the GBA game have its save wiped.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Daily reminder that IGN makes terrible Pokemon lists.

Pic 1 and Pic 2 (won't link you to site)

So terrible.

Meanwhile...

Holy fucking shit Anime Ash

dat competence

THIS should have been his BW self

lupinko

Should I try to go for a Shiny Manaphy? I was able to buy a brand new copy of Ranger recently (just got it yesterday). I'm currently trying to go for some Shiny Legendaries in Pearl (I caught a Shiny Palkia in less than 20 SRs iirc, tho the Pixies are not being kind to me =/). I'm currently reading up on how to do this through various sites. I also have copies of Platinum and SS I bought used from other gamers. It's just so much to comprehend right now. lol

I basically took a break from doing the post game stuff in X (aside from some breeding for my 6 mainline pokes for perfect IVs/Shiny) to play through all the older games in anticipation of Pokebank.

I also put Palkia/Giratina/Lugia/Three Genies in my White 2 as my new starters for that playthrough (and my Black 2 playthrough I guess will just be the Unova starters). I have my regular White playthrough with the E4 beaten only for the first time, but stalled to focus on the older games.

I also picked up the gba games as well, so the games get progressively worst for me mechanics wise.

tldr: didn't play pokemon since grade school but got back through x long after, now want to get rare shinies.

ReiGun

Hi pokemon community. How's tricks?

Since I'm broke and can't get a 3DS and X/Y, I've picked Soul Silver back up and have really been enjoying it. I'm trying to make an honest go at beating the Battle Frontier, going so far as to learn how to EV train and breed teams and all that, and holy shit is this tough. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I suck at Pokemon. lol

Sometimes I have the weirdest dreams with regard to Pokémon...

For some reason, I was playing Pokémon White 2, and it quickly turned into creepypasta material. The less said about it, the better. (This might be the first nightmare I've had in ages...)

(I've also had Wizardry 8-related dreams, but these aren't for this thread.)

qq more

i was playing pokemon y and then i fought a ghost and then HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD OH MY GOD IM COVERED IN BLOOD SUDDENLY AND MY FAMILY BLEW UP INTO PILES OF GORE AND THE GHOST ATE MY SOUL OH GOD HELP ME HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Caladrius

i was playing pokemon y and then i fought a ghost and then HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD OH MY GOD IM COVERED IN BLOOD SUDDENLY AND MY FAMILY BLEW UP INTO PILES OF GORE AND THE GHOST ATE MY SOUL OH GOD HELP ME HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

That's just an omen for the fairies. The winter solstice is only a month away, after all.

Top Bottom