• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Frost_Ace

I'll buy six copies of the game that introduces it if it comes with a minute-long battle animation that's unskippable.

wk54r4f.gif

JoeM86

If you have French, Spanish, German or Italian games, the Deoxys WiFi event begins on Monday and lasts until July 22nd so be sure to get it!

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

JoeM86

So, I got my Rumble U Series 3 figures earlier today. I especially love the Celebi one

Every time you say that I imagine a Celebi in a Spiderman costume.

Haha, that'd be awesome.

--
During the World Hobby Fair, there was a battle. It was a single battle, 3 on 3, and featured nothing but Kalos Pokémon. These Pokémon used several moves, many of which we didn't know they had.

Froakie: Hydro Pump, Bounce
Chespin: Solar Beam, Wood Hammer
Fennekin: Flamethrower
Helioptile: Parabolic Charge, Rock Slide
Noivern: Boom Burst, Dragon Pulse
Gogoat: Double-Edge

During the World Hobby Fair, there was a battle. It was a single battle, 3 on 3, and featured nothing but Kalos Pokémon. These Pokémon used several moves, many of which we didn't know they had.

Froakie: Hydro Pump, Bounce
Chespin: Solar Beam, Wood Hammer
Fennekin: Flamethrower
Helioptile: Parabolic Charge, Rock Slide
Noivern: Boom Burst, Dragon Pulse
Gogoat: Double-Edge
If only there was video...

JoeM86

There was a second battle too. It was the first Double Battle we have seen in XY

Team A had Noivern, Lapras, Hydreigon and Spewpa
Team B has Talonflame, Litleo, Charizard and Lucario

Noivern: Boomburst
Spewpa: String Shot
Hydreigon: Dragon Pulse
Lapras: Scald

Talonflame: Bravebird
Litleo: Flamethrower, Noble Roar
Charizard: Fire Blast
Lucario: Aura Sphere

There's also a report of Fennekin using Psychic, but that's unconfirmed at this time

OctoWara289

Neo Member
There was a second battle too. It was the first Double Battle we have seen in XY

Team A had Noivern, Lapras, Hydreigon and Spewpa
Team B has Talonflame, Litleo, Charizard and Lucario

Noivern: Boomburst
Spewpa: String Shot
Hydreigon: Dragon Pulse
Lapras: Scald

Talonflame: Bravebird
Litleo: Flamethrower, Noble Roar
Charizard: Fire Blast
Lucario: Aura Sphere

There's also a report of Fennekin using Psychic, but that's unconfirmed at this time

Can you post pictures of any of that here?

Aggrotek

Unfortunately I have been feeling sick the past few days... so I really haven't felt like putting up a video.

I do need a guest for the Elite Four. I wanted it to be Firestorm.

Alchemy

Maybe switch life orb to zapdos and give a gem to mienshao? Also, I don't think U-turn is that useful in doubles, maybe teach him acrobat/rock slide/stone edge for coverage?

I probably can switch U-turn off Mienshao, but I like the Life Orb synergy with Regenerator. Plus the extra damage on Hi-jump kick is pretty nice. Will have to check into how much damage he does with Acrobat and Stone Edge.

Shell Smash is probably hurting you more than anything. The drawbacks to that move are far too high for the payoff. Remember that Trick Room is incredibly common as a form of speed control.

I seem to be doing alright mitigating the impact of Trick Room so far. Mienshao with Fake Out and Taunt seems to by me enough time to kill of the first TR user I run into. I really like the Shell Smash strategy right now and if Trick Room becomes a bigger problem I will look at ways to handle that with the slots occupied by Togekiss and Amoonguss probably.

I'm not the best player but I recommend posting the team here to get some feedback from decent / good players who still play.

As far as Showdown goes, if you're playing on the main Smogon server, you're basically playing on Easy. If you want to put your team through its paces, try the Nugget Bridge server. There's no shame in going on the Smogon server to get your confidence up though! I've done it when I've gone on a bit of a losing streak DON'T JUDGE ME ;_;

I will have to check out this server, I really wasn't aware there were that many Showdown servers. I've just been playing on the default one.

Another week, another Smash episode.

For the Sky Battle video, they showed off Swellow vs. Ledian. Models looking nice as usual.

For the Horde Battles, they showed off a cave encounter vs. 5 Zubat. You read that right, a cave encounter vs. 5 Zubat.

D:

Zeroth

For the Sky Battle video, they showed off Swellow vs. Ledian. Models looking nice as usual.

For the Horde Battles, they showed off a cave encounter vs. 5 Zubat. I repeat, a cave encounter vs. 5 Zubat.

D:

So no bombas? Shameful PokeGaf, shameful.

For the Horde Battles, they showed off a cave encounter vs. 5 Zubat. You read that right, a cave encounter vs. 5 Zubat.

D:

One step closer to fighting vs. 5 Self-Destructing Geodudes!

Alchemy

Not that many people seem big on the VGC metagame, but I think I'm sold on everything but Amoonguss now. Togekiss is a great check for Hail teams, and Mienshao Taunting followed by Politoed Encores seems pretty great at checking Trick Room teams and opening up Gorebyss/Thundurus-T to sweep. I just need to find the soft spot in this team and replace Amoonguss with a good fit.

Meet your new Ash

TV Tokyo announced on Sunday that it and its affiliates will premiere the latest Pokémon television anime, Pocket Monsters XY, on October 17. Satoshi (known as Ash in English) will remain the protagonist, and he and Pikachu will travel to Miare City (Lumiose City) at the center of the Kalos region. There, they will encounter never-before-seen Pokémon and make new friends. Thus begins a new adventure as Satoshi takes on the Kalos League.

Among the new Pokémon in Pocket Monsters XY will be Keromatsu (Froakie), Harimaron (Chespin), and Fokko (Fennekin).

Bye, Cilan ;_;

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Starters look cool in their Anime art.

I like Fennekin more so than the Sugimori Art.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope we get a trailer for it soon, I like seeing New Pokemon in Anime form...like, it made me love Oshawott after the rather dull Sugimori Artwork.

Regardless, I'm excited for a fresh start after Best Wishes let me down. Let's get back to how the Anime used to be when it had a narrative that rivaled TLOU in terms of depth and emotional resonance.

JoeM86

During the special preview airing of the new movie, a trailer for Pokémon X & Y was shown and within it, it was announced that a special 3DS LL will be revealed. Due for release in October 2013, the console features a special print of Xerneas & Yveltal on the top case. It is said to come in Blue & Red colours. We'll provide more details and pictures as they come

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
During the special preview airing of the new movie, a trailer for Pokémon X & Y was shown and within it, it was announced that a special 3DS LL will be revealed. Due for release in October 2013, the console features a special print of Xerneas & Yveltal on the top case. It is said to come in Blue & Red colours. We'll provide more details and pictures as they come

dasdadafasdad

Oh lawd

Top Bottom