• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
i was playing pokemon y and then i fought a ghost and then HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD OH MY GOD IM COVERED IN BLOOD SUDDENLY AND MY FAMILY BLEW UP INTO PILES OF GORE AND THE GHOST ATE MY SOUL OH GOD HELP ME HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

shh it's almost over

you'll bloom into a fairy

-Horizon-

tumblr_mwufl2cmo21r0joj2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mwufl2cmo21r0joj2o2_500.jpg

LOL

Sometimes I have the weirdest dreams with regard to Pokémon...

For some reason, I was playing Pokémon White 2, and it quickly turned into creepypasta material. The less said about it, the better. (This might be the first nightmare I've had in ages...)

(I've also had Wizardry 8-related dreams, but these aren't for this thread.)

i was playing pokemon y and then i fought a ghost and then HYPER REALISTIC BLOOD OH MY GOD IM COVERED IN BLOOD SUDDENLY AND MY FAMILY BLEW UP INTO PILES OF GORE AND THE GHOST ATE MY SOUL OH GOD HELP ME HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

wat >.>

ufo0272

Neo Member
any site where you can get HQ Pokémon wallpapers? I know it was on this thread a time ago but dont really feel like through half this thread lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm trying to legitimately fill in as much as my Pokedex as possible before moving on to Y for those few exclusives it contains, and I'd rather catch myself than trade with others. OCD.

So I ask a huge favor. Those of you that are still actively playing and offer the following Pokemon in your Friend Safaris, would you please consider adding me as a friend, even if only temporarily?

My details:
Mejilan (Firinel)
1977-0169-2527
Sadly, I'm Poison type and have Ariados, Seviper, and Drapion on offer.
I live in the NE of the Continental U.S. (for a rough idea of my typical evening hours of availability).

I'm looking for the following critters:
Chansey (Normal)
Ninetales (Fire)
Breloom (Fighting)
Rufflet (Flying)
Maractus (Grass)
Muk (Poison)
Zebstrika (Electric)
Galvantula (Electric)
Palpitoad (Ground)
Xatu (Psychic)
Girafarig (Psychic)
Cloyster (Ice)
Heracross (Bug)
Dusclops (Ghost)
Spiritomb (Ghost)
Nuzleaf (Dark)
Liepard (Dark)
Forretress (Steel)
Bronzong (Steel)
Excadrill (Steel)
Clefairy (Fairy)

If my own offerings suck too much ass, I am willing to breed eggs to help others fill their dexes.
I'm playing X, and even without the above (or their evolutions) my current dex counts are as follows:
150 (crown) / 141 / 146 / 523

Those are registered AND resident (as I keep one of every evolution of every Pokemon I have registered resident in my PC boxes.
My 200+ hour save file shows that I've seen 547, so far. 523 of 547 isn't too shabby, right?

If you're game, please PM me your FC, which of my requested Pokemon you have in your safari, and any egg requests you might have.

coopolon

So I've basically given up on getting a real firered/leafgreen so I'm just going to start soulsilver.

Am I crazy for starting with chikorita? The only other pokemon game I've really played is Y and it was super easy, so I was hoping going with chikorita will make the experience slightly more challenging. But I'm a little worried about the availability of fire pokemon.

Also how important it the pokewalker to the experience? Worth $20?

-Horizon-

Chikorita? Pfff. Cute Cyndaquil or nothing.

And I didn't really bother with the pokewalker much. Didn't feel like I was missing out on much.
There are a couple exclusive pokewalker only pokemon that can't be found in the main game though.
For $20 more for just the pokewalker? I say just save your money for the next pokemon game you're gonna get.

blamite

My pokewalker's battery died and I can't find it.

My Bayleef is trapped in there. :(

Not forever!

Serebii said:
There is no way to lose your Pokemon while it is in the Pokéwalker. Running out of batteries will simply make you lose steps and Watts. Your Pokemon will be safe. If you are to lose your Pokéwalker, then you can restore your Pokemon back into your games. As a note, if you happen to find your Pokéwalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you can not send the other one inside of the Pokéwalker back to the game (essentially cloning). To get your Pokemon back if ever your Pokéwalker breaks/gets lost, go the Pokéwalker Connection Screen and press & hold:
Up + Select + R

deino-legendary-treasures-ltr-97.jpg

It just looks so happy. D'awwwwwww.

It's neat how the variety of mediums Pokemon pushes the titular creatures into gives some of the otherwise overshadowed ones (Deino compared to say, Hydreigon) so much more personality.

Look at it this way: since Deino's blind, it probably has pretty significantly improved other senses, so something pleasant like a field of dandelions would probably smell really nice to it. Also, bonus heartwarming fuel: it might take forever for a Deino to be fully-raised into a Hydreigon, but if you do, the reward isn't just uniting its personalities, but it would finally get to see you with its own eyes.
I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULDN'T CRY

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fairy Tale girls are creepier if you ask me. They're so off-putting.

That's why I like them. They're creepy because they're playing with the fairy concept. It's also visible with Valerie. They don't look like some sort of character taken from some manga.

NEO0MJ

Thought this was pretty cute. Silly Venasuar.

Look at it this way: since Deino's blind, it probably has pretty significantly improved other senses, so something pleasant like a field of dandelions would probably smell really nice to it. Also, bonus heartwarming fuel: it might take forever for a Deino to be fully-raised into a Hydreigon, but if you do, the reward isn't just uniting its personalities, but it would finally get to see you with its own eyes.

That's a nice way of looking at it <3
Will the megas get Cards soon? Would probably be the only way to get some more info on them.

Growlie19

I can't believe this is a thing that can happen.

"Yo, Juniper, can you give me that for my starter? 'Am I a boy or a girl?' I'm a guy. Really, I'd like that pink Minccino. 'What's my name?' Hilbert. Wait, where are you going?! I really want it. Come back." :(

If that happened to me, I would quit Pokémon forever.
I'd reset and pretend that never happened.

ReiGun

deino-legendary-treasures-ltr-97.jpg

It just looks so happy. D'awwwwwww.

It's neat how the variety of mediums Pokemon pushes the titular creatures into gives some of the otherwise overshadowed ones (Deino compared to say, Hydreigon) so much more personality.

That's beautiful...until you remember that the tortured existence it suffered as Deino and Zwellous has turned it into a violent maniac who attacks and devours anything that moves. :(

Is this really possible, or is it a hack?
It's possible - most likely situation is that the game just generates a Minccino right then and there, and just like any other wild Pokemon, it has a chance of being shiny.

I do wonder if they still have that code ingame that prevents certain legendaries from being shiny.

Caladrius

It's possible - most likely situation is that the game just generates a Minccino right then and there, and just like any other wild Pokemon, it has a chance of being shiny.

I do wonder if they still have that code ingame that prevents certain legendaries from being shiny.

We have yet to discover a shiny Xerneas, Yveltal or Zygarde. No doubt at least a few people have been trying to reset for them.

-Horizon-

Speaking of Zygarde, I just recently caught it. With a dusk ball I think. It looked so lonely all by itself in the dark depths of the cave.

Yup. Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom are programmed to never be encountered as a shiny. And Gamefreak haven't distributed any shiny versions yet so no one should have them.

coopolon

So I bought a copy of firered from an ebay seller but I messaged him at the same time asking to not send it if it is counterfeit. He responded saying he's not sure how to tell if its a counterfeit or not.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111231731359?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It looks pretty good to me in the pictures. The plastic looks right, the code looks right, the nintendo seal looks right, its hard to tell if the sticker is holographic but it doesn't look like other fake ones I have seen. Most importantly when he took a picture of the inside from the bottom you can just barely see the nintendo lettering on the bottom of the board, and I'm pretty sure that's as good a sign as any that it's real.

I'm thinking the only other things I can ask are that he take it apart (he mentioned he replaces batteries in other cartridges so he should have a triwing screwdriver). A firered should NEVER have a battery right? And if he can start the game up, an authentic firered never says "Save is Okay" correct?

edit: seller said when the game starts it says "This game is okay to be played" or something along those lines. So it's a counterfeit, at least he looked into it rather than just sending it and forcing me to return it. This was a good looking fake too, I was hopeful it was real.

-Horizon-

They do it because the Legendaries have to be caught for the story to progress and they don't want to create a disconnect between what's on the box and what's actually in the game. It's horsewank either way, but that's their rationale.

I don't like their stance. >:|

Top Bottom