• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

So if I'm reading this right, it looks like Mega Evolution will play a big role in the film? I wonder what the odds are that we get an event Mega out of this. Maybe this is where we'll get our first "official" look at (unrevealed mega evolution)
Mega Lati@s
I think that should be spoilered.

My guess is that it will be revealed in another movie.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
First XY movie is about megas but the title implies focus on Xerneas and Yveltal (Coccoon of Destruction)

First XY movie is about megas but the title implies focus on Xerneas and Yveltal (Coccoon of Destruction)

Doesn't the title hint more of a focus on Yveltal than Xerneas? Well not like they both can't be stars but I guess it depends on how many years Gamefreak wants to milk this generation in terms of movies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Xerneas will be involved in it. Duality and shit.

Anyway Chespin episode was decent. Shows that despite being touted as "Piplup 3.0" he actually mellows out. The highlight of the episode is really Bonnie.

Anyways

j1pMQcG.gif

4zQlNvk.gif

Also snippets for incoming episodes

9usQ1G1.jpg

next ep is pancham/pangoro

tumblr_mxqd9x6SMU1t2wjemo2_500.gif

tumblr_mxqd9x6SMU1t2wjemo1_500.gif

tumblr_mxpb6rz6xo1qckwxco1_500.gif

tumblr_mxq7zvsBb01rsrk2xo1_500.gif

GAF has everything!

Ok, guys/gals..I'm in need of assistance. My daughter just randomly asked me for a Pokemon manectric plush. Only place I'd think to buy it is Amazon, but they're not available. Anyone know a trustworthy site I can buy this from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lupinko

So apparently while poaching Starlys and Bidoofs to give to Hayley in MPR, my party has contracted Pokerus.

Ivysaur
Infernape
Shiny Palkia
Shiny Ponyta
Staraptor
Croconaw

What should I do PokeGAF? What should I do? o_O

I'm still going to continue poaching Starlys and Bidoofs.

GAF has everything!

Ok, guys/gals..I'm in need of assistance. My daughter just randomly asked me for a Pokemon manectric plush. Only place I'd think to buy it is Amazon, but they're not available. Anyone know a trustworthy site I can buy this from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I looked it up here (http://sunyshore.com/electric.shtml), and he says Manectric has never had an official plush manufactured. He's one of the biggest collectors around, especially of electric Pokémon, so I would trust him on it.

His dolls are custom made.

There are unofficial dolls on eBay from sellers with good ratings. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Manectric-Plush-Doll-Toys-Figure-12inches-Stuffed-Anime-Gift-/111237958576

I looked it up here (http://sunyshore.com/electric.shtml), and he says Manectric has never had an official plush manufactured. He's one of the biggest collectors around, especially of electric Pokémon, so I would trust him on it.

His dolls are custom made.

There are unofficial dolls on eBay from sellers with good ratings. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Manectric-Plush-Doll-Toys-Figure-12inches-Stuffed-Anime-Gift-/111237958576
Thanks very much for the info!

Time for some random speculation. Spoilers tags are referring to leaks posted by Smealum so if you've already seen them, then there's nothing new there.

It's weird that Mega Evolution was touted as one of the most important parts of the story but not even the Kalos starters got one. I know they left out the Kalos Pokemon on purpose but it would have made sense to give at least the starters one so I think they should add them in the next game. I don't see that a new game coming out next year and the new movie is most likely about Xerneas and Yveltal (when the full title will be revealed) as Zygarde we would need a new game to have a role in the movie for a Mega Evolution since it's basically confirmed
that Mega Latios and Latias are the only Megas hidden in the game
. They could possibly throw in one of the event legendaries like they did with Victini in the Zekrom/Reshiram movie.

I'd say
Mega Latios and Latios
could make a cameo (or in the short) in the next movie along with an event to unlock them and Z/XY sequels being released in 2015. If they were going to make
Mega Latios and Latias
the stars of potential RS remakes/sequels it doesn't make any sense to put them in XY. Then again, this is Game Freak. Hopefully, in Z/XY sequels we'll see new Megas besides the inevitable Zygarde Mega(s) (UNOVA PLS) and maybe even some new Pokemon
lol not happening

I'll bet you that Kalos Megas for at least the starters will be a big bulletpoint of Z/XY2/whatever.

This morning I got back to X after a loooooong break due to the last stretch of my fall semester classes. I think most of my friend list dropped me since I only saw one person online during my play session. I still haven't gotten to the postgame yet :(

I wasn't paying much attention to the XY TCG sets, I thought Megas of multistage Pokemon would be useless, but then I found out that Pokemon like Venusaur EX and Blastoise EX are basic Pokemon. Thank Arceus!

Caladrius

I wasn't paying much attention to the XY TCG sets, I thought Megas of multistage Pokemon would be useless, but then I found out that Pokemon like Venusaur EX and Blastoise EX are basic Pokemon. Thank Arceus!

Yeah, the pokemon EX in the Legendary Treasures set (Chandelure and Excadrill) are like that too. The megas are still going to be a pain to set up though.

The XY set looks great overall though. Probably going to try and get a booster box.

Yeah, the pokemon EX in the Legendary Treasures set (Chandelure and Excadrill) are like that too. The megas are still going to be a pain to set up though.

The XY set looks great overall though. Probably going to try and get a booster box.

Hopefully their HP and attacks can make up for it. I can't wait to see how the Mega Charizards look.
Also why the hell are there full arts for Venusaur EX and Blastoise EX, but not their Megas?

Caladrius

Hopefully their HP and attacks can make up for it. I can't wait to see how the Mega Charizards look.
Also why the hell are there full arts for Venusaur EX and Blastoise EX, but not their Megas?

I imagine it's because the Mega cards are already super-busy as they are. It could also just be time/money constraints or trying not to make the collectors pull their hair out. The standard 5-6 Full art cards are enough of a nightmare to find as it is. (It's about 1 for every 18 packs in a booster box. heaven help you if you're just grabbing them in the store.)

I imagine it's because the Mega cards are already super-busy as they are. It could also just be time/money constraints or trying not to make the collectors pull their hair out. The standard 5-6 Full art cards are enough of a nightmare to find as it is. (It's about 1 for every 18 packs in a booster box. heaven help you if you're just grabbing them in the store.)

They could have just made it so Venusaur EX and Blastoise EX didn't have full arts and gave full arts to their Megas instead.

Caladrius

They could have just made it so Venusaur EX and Blastoise EX didn't have full arts and gave full arts to their Megas instead.

They could, but consider that the Venusaur and Blastoise cards are merely cool, but the Mega Cards are much cooler. They could try to top the mega cards with their own set of full art cards, but there's always the chance of falling flat on their face. (I feel this afflicted the Dark Explorers Darkrai, where the regular print is awesome and the Full art doesn't top it.) It's much easier to improve the much less interesting vanillasaur and vanillastoise cards instead of trying to outdo themselves.

I do hope that they try to make full art Megazard cards though. That's just too much of a wasted opportunity. Fire types tend to have great full art cards.

Is it weird that I can't wait till the XY thread(s) dies down so this thread will become active again? I don't like the XY thread(s) because it's practically nothing but trades and breeding and battles.

DaBoss

Happy Holidays, everyone.
Is it weird that I can't wait till the XY thread(s) dies down so this thread will become active again? I don't like the XY thread(s) because it's practically nothing but trades and breeding and battles.
Yes because (I think) those two things aren't necessarily correlated to each other now.

Does anyone have information or website I can go to understand how qualifying for Pokemon tournaments works and everything? I can't find anything for understanding regionals or what gets people into World Tournaments. Does the Global Link have anything to do with it either?

I'm sure Serebii has some kind of information on it somewhere but that god awful website is just impossible to navigate.

Top Bottom