• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

lupinko

Already did. I made it past the first gym or so, I think. I was playing Black 2 a bit, too, but only so I had a copy to transfer my stuff over to X with.

Good job, I'm doing the same thing too with playing all the older games right now, but I've developed the SR Shiny bug when it comes to Method 1 pokes and Legendaries. =x

Soma

So I picked up a few things for myself today...

iCmcARciwCJgS.jpg

Can't wait to jump in!

lupinko

Just SRing for Shiny Articuno in LG and picking up another Ruby cart for Jirachi hoarding and Shiny hunting off Craigslist, same applies tomorrow for a sapphire cart.

CorvoSol

Good job, I'm doing the same thing too with playing all the older games right now, but I've developed the SR Shiny bug when it comes to Method 1 pokes and Legendaries. =x

I don't have the patience for that stuff anymore. Got too much else to do and play.

So eShop is down now, is the PokeBank just flat out TBD for NA now?

Busaiku

I hope Gamefreak does a better job at preventing hacks.
Or at least making them not usable in Battle Spot.

But then again, it's Gamefreak.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I think people assumed too much with "hack". It always has been "as long as they're legit-looking".

Busaiku

So Pokemon with access to moves they normally don't have were allowed since forever?
Haven't played online on DS, since I never got into breeding a decent team, so I dunno.
But that still wouldn't excuse it or whatever, it's still a problem that should be handled.

So Pokemon with access to moves they normally don't have were allowed since forever?
Haven't played online on DS, since I never got into breeding a decent team, so I dunno.
But that still wouldn't excuse it or whatever, it's still a problem that should be handled.

It's because there's always the possibility of said moves becoming legal due to future event/game/patch/etc.

one_kill

Posted this in the XY thread but thought I'd post it here as well

Does anyone know if I transfer my event Pokemon in Pearl to XY?

I'm sure most of them were cloned via PokeSav, but I don't really care as I just want to complete my Pokedex.

I don't have BW or BW2, but I'm planning to get one of them soon to get whatever Pokemon remains.

Posted this in the XY thread but thought I'd post it here as well

Any of the following, Pokémon Black, White, Black 2, or White 2 will work. (You need one 5th-gen game in between the 4th- and 6th-gen games.)

As long as it's not an impossible Pokémon, it'll go through fine. (You'll need two DS systems for the 4th-to-5th-gen transfer.)

one_kill

Any of the following, Pokémon Black, White, Black 2, or White 2 will work. (You need one 5th-gen game in between the 4th- and 6th-gen games.)

As long as it's not an impossible Pokémon, it'll go through fine. (You'll need two DS systems for the 4th-to-5th-gen transfer.)
I can't use a 3DS and a DS?

one_kill

Damn, so, for example, I can't transfer Pokemon from Pearl (using a DS) to Black (using a 3DS)?

I need to have Pearl and Black on two separate DS systems right?

Kokonoe

Banned
Haven't been here in a while, but thought I'd share this. I sent an email to Nintendo.

me
Subject: Who Owns Pokemon?

Hello, I'm curious to know if Game Freak owns the Pokemon IP or does Nintendo own the Pokemon IP.

Thanks.

Nintendo
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo. I would like to first apologize for the delay in our response. We have been especially busy and thank you for your patience as we reply.

In regard to your email, I can certainly understand why you would like to know who owns the rights to the Pokemon franchise. In answer to your question, I can confirm that the Pokemon franchise is a trademark of Nintendo. In case you wanted to check this information for your self, I've included a link to this information below. Here's the link:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/about/legal/

Again, thanks for writing and I wish you the best of luck in all your games!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Curtis Neal

DaBoss

For the most part, isn't GAME FREAK Inc. just a subsidiary of Nintendo in the first place?
I don't think they're a subsidiary of Nintendo. Just an independent company that works with Nintendo as partners.

I believe Creatures Inc. is the company Nintendo has some stake in, not sure if it is wholly owned by them.

All 3 of them (Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures Inc.) own stake in TPCi so they all benefit from the Pokemon franchise flourishing.

For all I know, I'm just talking out of my ass about this lol. This is stuff I've read throughout various posts talking about the relationship between the companies.

one_kill

So I just got a used copy of White 2 and saw that the person who had it before me had collected some pretty cool Pokemon.

Although news of the PokeBank being delayed didn't affect me at first, now I feel like I have to wait til it comes out before starting a new game... otherwise all that Pokemon would've gone to waste.

backlot

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo. I would like to first apologize for the delay in our response. We have been especially busy and thank you for your patience as we reply.

In regard to your email, I can certainly understand why you would like to know who owns the rights to the Pokemon franchise. In answer to your question, I can confirm that the Pokemon franchise is a trademark of Nintendo. In case you wanted to check this information for your self, I've included a link to this information below. Here's the link:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/about/legal/

Again, thanks for writing and I wish you the best of luck in all your games!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Curtis Neal

They probably had to delay Pokemon Bank another day to take the time to reply to your email.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think they're a subsidiary of Nintendo. Just an independent company that works with Nintendo as partners.

I believe Creatures Inc. is the company Nintendo has some stake in, not sure if it is wholly owned by them.

All 3 of them (Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures Inc.) own stake in TPCi so they all benefit from the Pokemon franchise flourishing.

For all I know, I'm just talking out of my ass about this lol. This is stuff I've read throughout various posts talking about the relationship between the companies.

I want to say Nintendo has some stake in Game Freak. I remember reading something like that.

Boss Doggie

But not fully controlled. I mean, they made non-Nintendo games back then.

And I believe Pokemon, while owned by Nintendo, is not solely owned by that company, but rather by PCi. It's a reason why we see Pokemon outside of Nintendo stuff, like in tablets and even in Sega.

DaBoss

I want to say Nintendo has some stake in Game Freak. I remember reading something like that.
That would make sense.
But not fully controlled. I mean, they made non-Nintendo games back then.

And I believe Pokemon, while owned by Nintendo, is not solely owned by that company, but rather by PCi. It's a reason why we see Pokemon outside of Nintendo stuff, like in tablets and even in Sega.
I don't think TPCi owns the Pokemon IP at all. I think TPCi only exists to manage the franchise with licensed products, anime, TCG, and etc. It is like that to not associate Nintendo with the brand completely I believe.

Pretty sure it is only owned by Nintendo, Creatures Inc., and Game Freak.

JoeM86

Pokémon as intellectual property is owned by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc.

In addition to that, Nintendo has a stake in GameFreak and a stake in Creatures Inc.

The Pokémon Company was set up to deal with licensing of merchandise, greenlighting of games and so forth. The CEO of The Pokémon Company, Tsunekazu Ishihara, is also the joint-CEO of Creatures Inc.

*realises that he has barely touched his Pokémon Y since he's a bit "busy" playing games on his laptop*

Anyone else end up in a situation like what I'm in?

*realises that he has barely touched his Pokémon Y since he's a bit "busy" playing games on his laptop*

Lack of post-game content, plus I already completed my Singles team, plus I have no desire to play Doubles since I hate the format. I was waiting for PokeBank, but that's not an option anymore lol.

CorvoSol

I think "storing Pokémon and allowing old Pokémon to be transferred" ranks higher than "preventing non-obvious hacks".

As someone who doesn't intend to hack anymore and never really plays competitively anyway, I just want to trade my whole collection up. I don't want to scam folks, but some of my hacked mons were things I used the whole game.

Same, I only started up the game again since I realized my brother beat the Elite 4 on his game so I was wondering what Pokemon he had in his Friend Safari.

Oh and I guess clear out all the damn Streetpasses I got for the game.

Ugh so pissed I can't find my copy of White. Have about 500 Pokemon including every starter and most legendaries. Hoping I can find it before Pokebank comes out.

Boss Doggie

I'm still training a bunch of mons and mostly clearing Friend Safari.

I'm surprised at people still not finishing E4.

CorvoSol

I'm still training a bunch of mons and mostly clearing Friend Safari.

I'm surprised at people still not finishing E4.

I will play the game when I can transfer my dang Pokemon. The last thing I want to do is play, catch a bunch and then find out I can't fit my collection in the boxes on the cartridge.

I will play the game when I can transfer my dang Pokemon. The last thing I want to do is play, catch a bunch and then find out I can't fit my collection in the boxes on the cartridge.

The whole point of a new game is to make a new team... If you are worried that your collection won't fit either release some or put them in the Bank.

Boss Doggie

wait what

your number of boxes always expands as soon as you reach a "limit". The pseudo-limit exists so you can scroll through boxes easily. I think the cap is 31 boxes.

Are you telling me you have 900~ish Pokemon?

Jaeger

I have a question (or two) for those on GAF who still may collect the cards.

I used to collect myself back in the late 90's to mid-00's. And recently, I just got the urge to start collecting again, just to maybe get my childhood feels rolling in. Nothing major, and only a handful, then I'll probably sell them all away to my local Comic Shop.

With that said, there's a few unobtainable cards that I remember learning about back in the day, that I just couldn't get even if I was ready and willing. Is there any people/buisness' that make Reproduction/Replica of cards? I'm not talking about Knock-Offs, sold as "authentic", but clear reprints intended for the satisfaction of the hobbyist. Something the Comic Book and Gaming Industry embaces.

Top Bottom